Chapter 9: Lost In the Hotel (1)
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An Xue Lin ran out of the lobby while no one was paying attention. 

A lady attendant walked by and noticed the panicky expression on An Xue Lin's face. 

Walking over to An Xue Lin, the attendant questions, "Miss is there something wrong?" An Xue Lin looked at the attendant with her watery clear caramel-brown eyes. 

"Do you happen to know what room Miss Huang resides in?!" 

The attendant was startled by An Xue Lin's question but soon snapped out from her trance. 

"Miss, is this Miss Huang a friend of yours?"

"She's my boss lady!" An Xue Lin shouts out.

The attendant: "..."

B-boss lady..?

The attendant was confused by the young lady's words. Why did she say 'boss lady'? 

However, the attendant decided to leave it at that.

The attendant knew from experience that it wasn't wise to ask a customer too many questions lest they get angry and rate the hotel zero. Especially if they were from a wealthy and powerful background. 

She did not want to get into trouble especially if this girl was in the group with second young master Li.

"Miss, I'm afraid that I do not know this person you are looking for."

"Oh... I-I see." An Xue Lin said in a disappointed tone dropping her head down like a puppy who just got told off for misbehaving. 

Looking at An Xue Lin's dejected face, the attendant spoke up to try and reassure her depressed girl standing in front of her. "Um if it helps, I'll go with you to look for her!"

After hearing what the attendant said, An Xue Lin was overjoyed. "Ok!" She replies happily. 

The attendant gave a slight smile then beckons An Xue Lin to follow her.

With this kind lady's help, I might be able to find Boss Huang and beg her to be merciful towards!

Thinking about it made An Xue Lin happy, humming to herself she follows after the attendant. 

....

"Huh?" 

Huang Liuxing stopped in her tracks looking left and right. "Where am I?"

The walls were painted velvety white and there were small red lights embedded onto the floor. The corridor was eerily silent. Not a single person was in sight.

It didn't take long for Huang Liuxing to realize that she was lost. However, she couldn't just turn back either. 

All she could do was keep walking forward. 

Forty minutes had passed, Huang Liuxing's perseverance was beginning to falter and her patience reaching its limits. Gnashing her teeth, Huang Liuxing fiercely kicks the wall cursing loudly. 

"What the f*ck is up with this damnable hotel?! Since no doors are appearing on these stupid walls, I'll smash it to pieces!!!"

Right when Huang Liuxing was about to kick the wall a second time, a clicking sound emerged and broke the eerie silence. The ground began to shake and tremble. Huang Liuxing almost lost balance because she had her leg in the air when she was kicking the wall earlier on.

The wall that Huang Liuxing stood in front of slowly split open and revealed a staircase. 

"What the hell?" Huang Liuxing was dumbfounded. It wasn't that long ago that she was lost in an annoying maze, and now she had discovered that there was a hidden staircase. 

Huang Liuxing furrowed her brow, why is there a hidden staircase? 

No, the real question was why was there a hidden staircase in a hotel? It didn't make sense at all.

But then a sudden thought appeared in her mind.

Ah, this is Li Zhong's family branch hotel. So, of course, the hotel can't be normal!

It all made sense to her now! Li Zhong is from a prominent and wealthy family. There are bound to be a few secrets the Li family need to hide right? Nodding at her own self-satisfaction, she decided not to think about it anymore. 

In an instance, red and blue lights flashed one by one. The original staircase that was dark suddenly lit up. 

Liuxing: "...." 

What the f*ck? Li Zhong big bro, your stupid hotel is is making me so damn curious! Ah! Forget it! Since there is no other exit I'll just go ahead and follow my instincts!!

She did nothing wrong. She was only following her curiosity! 

If someone had to be blamed, it would be Li Zhong himself for having such a labyrinth-like hotel!

After making her mind up, Huang Liuxing walks down the staircase.

***

The lights which where beautifully aligned in in a straight row gradually dimmed out as she reached the end of her destination. All she saw was a big stone wall in front of her.

A dead end?

Soon all the anticipation and excitement of discovering a big secret slowly diminished. Huang Liuxing's eyebrows furrowed and her face twisted in disappointment.

Angry sounds erupted from her stomach once again. Huang Liuxing sighed. What use is it trying to dig into her best friend's family's secrets when she's being tormented by her stomach? 

She leaned against the wall and sighed once more. 

Then... the stone wall suddenly retreated backwards and disappeared. A big hole was left behind. The movement had caused Huang Liuxing to lose balance and inevitably, she fell into the steep hole.

"Aaaaah!" 

She was caught off guard this time, who would've thought that there would be another mechanism like this? Certainly not her. 

All she could think of was: 'damn you, Li Zhong'.

....

Li Zhong stretched his arm and yawned out loudly, he took a glance at the withered members of the gang who looked at if they would turn to dust at any moment.

He smiled to himself, it was amusing to see them at their wit's end. Seeing them becoming so worked up over being hungry was surprisingly entertaining. Looking at them reminded him of Huang Liuxing's face a few hours ago. It was simply priceless.

Hmm? Come to think of it, Huang Liuxing was also hungry at that time too. So why hasn't she come down yet?

Li Zhong thought to himself:

'could she still be angry at me and wants to make everyone else suffer?'

No. That can't be it, no matter how arrogant, no matter how prideful Huang Liuxing was, she would never stoop so low as to starve her own subordinates. Even if she seemed very ruthless to outsiders, she was actually a very warm and kind person. Others just didn't see it very well. 

After a moment of thinking, Li Zhong paused.

'I-it couldn't be... is she lost..?'

0