Chapter 10: Lost In the Hotel (2)
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Li Zhong sighed helplessly covering his face with his hands. The possibility that Huang Liuxing is lost was very high. After all, they were friends since young so naturally, he knew his friend very well.

'Huang Liuxing has no sense of direction.'

He sighed heavily. This was just a hotel for god's sake. Only an idiot would get lost in a hotel! Oh, wait. She is an idiot! 

Li Zhong glanced at the crowd of people. Then sighed again. If Huang Liuxing really got lost then he would, then it wouldn't be fair to just let her roam around aimlessly. Plus, everyone is suffering because of it. 

He turned around and quietly left the lobby and began his journey to find a certain silly friend. 

....

Later after Li Zhong had left the lobby, he bumped into a security guard.

"Hey you, stop right there." When the security guard looked up to see who it was that was being so rude, he immediately swallowed back the words he was going to say when he recognised the person that stood before him.

It was none other than the Li family's third young master Li Zhong. It was a relief he held back the urge to yell otherwise he might've lost his job.

Li Zhong noticed the guard's startled expression but thought nothing of it. He didn't have the time nor did he care what he was thinking in that tiny head of his. "Oi. I'm talking to you so you better listen." 

After hearing Li Zhong's warning, the guard snapped out of his trance and replied almost immediately. "Yes sir!"

When Li Zhong saw that he had the guard's full attention, he ordered him in a lax but serious tone. "A friend of mine has been missing for quite a few hours now. I'd like you to lead me to the chief of security." After a slight pause, he ordered, "NOW." 

"Um, this... sir.." the guard stuttered and fiddled with his fingers. "This request... I'm afraid I can't fulfil it..." 

Li Zhong's eyes flinched at the guard's words. His eyes darkened, "Oh? And why is that?" His icy voice pierced the guard as a sword had just been thrust deep into his chest. 

"U-um, I-I don't have t-the authority to do that.." 

"Who am I?" 

"Huh?" The guard looked at Li Zhong with a puzzled look. 

He didn't understand what Li Zhong meant by asking him who he was. Wasn't it obvious that he was the Li family's third young master? 

The guard asks in a puzzled tone, "I don't quite understand what sir means by this question?"

"You don't understand? Are you serious?" 

Li Zhong clicks his tongue at the guard, "are your eyes and ears just for decoration? Or is it that you're too stupid to recognize who is standing right before you?"

Li Zhong smiled a smile that was not a smile. 

"Maybe I should pluck out those eyes and cut off those ears and feed them off to the hounds, hmm?"

"W-what?!"

"Then maybe I'll slice off that thick nose and rip off your arms and legs and donate them to my eldest brother's pet tigers. What do you think?"

The guard's lips unconsciously parted when he heard those words. Cold sweat trickled down his cheek. 

He looked into Li Zhong's cold green eyes hoping to see that this young man in front of him was joking with him. 

However...

Not a single hint that he might be joking was seen. They say that a human's eyes cannot tell a lie and Li Zhong obviously meant every word he said! 

The guard broke into a cold sweat, the atmosphere had somehow become cold. The guard wanted to argue back and scold the young man for saying such disturbing and threatening things. Yet for some reason, the words wouldn't come out of his mouth.

Li Zhong watched the trembling guard and sniggered.

'Hmph. Coward.'

Not wanting to waste any more of his precious time, Li Zhong walked passed the trembling guard. How could he waste his time with talking an insignificant guard who doesn't even have the guts to talk to him? 

Finding Huang Liuxing was more important. She was more important than anything else in this world. 

He took his phone out and looked at one of the contacts and dialled the phone number. After a few seconds, the person on the other side of the phone picked up the call. 

"Hello third young master. What can I do for you?"

"Old butler Chen, tell me where the CCTV camera control room is right now."

The person on the other side of the phone was surprised by Li Zhong's sudden order. 

"Third young master I cannot fulfil this order."

"Zhu. Lin. Chen! Don't make me repeat myself. If you don't tell me where that control room is, then I don't mind turning this entire hotel upside down!"

"..." 

"Well?!" 

Li Zhong was getting impatient. Why wasn't anyone listening to his orders today?! First, it was that insolent guard and now it was the Li family's old butler! 

Seeing that there was no answer from the said person on the other side of the phone, it was pretty obvious what the answer was going to be. Li Zhong immediately hung up on the phone putting it away in his pocket.

Since no one was willing to obey his orders, he could only do things by force!

As he thought this, Li Zhong sped up the pace. 

At that moment...

Bang!

Li Zhong collided into a figure. 

"Ugh!"

Li Zhong fell onto the floor, he looked up to the person who he bumped into and immediately apologised. 

"Ah, I'm sorry!"

"Is that how you say sorry to someone you just bumped into?" 

A deep, angry voice was heard opposite Li Zhong. 

Li Zhong recognised this voice straight away! 

"Second brother!!" 

"Xiao Zhong?" The man stares at Li Zhong in disbelief.

"Ah! Wait, you just called me second brother didn't you?! How many times have I told you to call me Xiu Gege[1]?!"

"Uh... How about I call you Li Xiu Gege?"

"No!" Li Xiu grumbles in discontent. 

Li Xiu lowered his head and sighed to himself, then lifted his head again and looked up at Li Zhong. "But Xiao Zhong, what are you doing here?" Li Xiu cupped his hand onto his chin, 

"I thought you hated coming to this hotel though?"

Li Zhong: "..." 

Li Xiu: "..."

Silence spread across the corridor and the two brothers looked at each other quietly.

[1] Gege = "gege" (哥哥) literally means big brother. ... "gege" in Chinese is older brother / elder brother. 哥哥 (gege / gēge ) It's a friend-zone phrase. Used for family/blood.

0