V1 C1: So I’ve died
6k 40 140
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Callum can you go get some groceries from the local shop please”.

I turned my head from the screen of the latest FPS shooter game that I was playing, 'Fall of Duty Blue Ops 4', prepared my lungs before bellowing downstairs.

"HEY MUM I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF A FOD GAME, CAN'T LINZY DO IT!"

Silence erupted the house for a few seconds. Perhaps my message wasn't understood and well received. Well, I always thought that my mum was a bit tone deaf.

It was then that I noticed that the Wi-Fi for my FOD game went out, as a little connection image appeared on my screen. 

'No, she didn't, she did not just do that.'

Anger started brewing down inside of me, as if I were a volcano about to explode at any moments time. 

I was this close, this close to prestige 10.

'Do you know how many f*cking goddamn hours I have spent grinding today. School’s starting tomorrow and I'm not allowed on consoles during the week. I'll have to wait until next damn weekend. Curse you mum’.

My inner monologue ran through excessive curses and swearing that made me seem like a 7th tier grandmaster of the Swearing Trash talk sect. My years of FOD trash-talking had made me a living God amongst that sect, yet I couldn't utter these words to my mother.

Afterall, she was the head honcho in this house. With my father leaving to go get me 'the milk' and never coming back it was only my mum, my sister and I who stayed at home.

Ever since my father left, I think that my mum held some unjust prejudice against all men, like all men were trash and useless. And me being the lucky person that I was, became the perfect person for her to vent her frustration on. 

Honestly, it was like I'd become a human punching bag, except it was a bunch of unfair commands and insults being hurled at me. It was always the same thing, 'you’re so lazy', 'do you know how hard I work’, ‘Why can't you behave like your sister' and the worst one 'you act just like your father'.

Now I was a annoying and rash person and lazy about many things, but you couldn't compare me with that c*nt.  It was like comparing a fish to a whale, simply just unrealistic. I mean it didn't really bother me that he'd left his wife and kids, that was very very wrong, but I could handle it. However, what I couldn't handle is that the bastard left us without taking me as well, and now I had to deal with all of this nonsense. 

Oh yh, by the way I forgot to mention that my sister Linzy 'the role model', was a spoiled asshole. She was so entitled to an extent that it was honestly revolting, and to make matters worse my mum sucked up to her like a little leech. Together they make up a bunch of parasites that enjoyed nothing more than harassing me daily.

'I feel for whoever is going to marry Linzy. They have a hefty job ahead of them.'

"Callum come down now and get the groceries. Stop playing those stupid corruption games. You are acting like your horrible father, why can't you be like Linzy!"

My hands grabbed onto my heart.

'Triple combo, ouch that hurts. My life point is on one.'

Realising that there was nothing else that I could do whatsoever I decided to head downstairs. As I begrudgingly trudged down the stairs, I made a quick wish. A wish that I would soon come to regret.

'If only I could just start over, in another world.'

Once I reached the bottom of the stairs, I walked towards the lounge area to witness my mum and sister eating popcorn and watching a K-drama on tv.

'You lazy sh*ts'

Trying to get things over as soon as possible I shifted my feet to full gear approaching my mother.

"The money"

I lifted my hands in front of her, waiting for the thin sheets of paper to land on my hands.

"You know what to buy right? And don't spend a penny more, I want my change back. Now hurry up and go”.

As soon as she handed me the money, I bolted out of the house as soon as possible. Swearing under my breath that one day I'd get my revenge.

Once my body crossed out of the house, an instant chill hit my every bodily cell as a tough wind blew past. The streets were completely empty, and the moon was shining its brightest, illuminating the otherwise sullenly bleak streets.

'Let's get this over with as quickly as possible.'

Shifting my slow walking, into a steadily paced stride I started running down the streets, fighting against the breeze that was moving against me. Opening my mouth to inhale a deep breath, I smiled. Freedom, for the first time in a few days I felt free. Free from my bothersome family, free from the prisoning system referred as school.

Seeing the shop come into view I gradually slowed down my body until I reached a complete stop at a zebra crossing. Panting for my breath I rested for a few seconds, before looking at the traffic light. 

Currently, it was red and the little monitor on the corner held an image of a green man.

'Always check road safety.'

Realising that it was safe to cross I embarked down the zebra crossing, and it was to my surprise that out of nowhere a massive truck came from the corner speeding towards me.

The last thing that I remembered seeing was a bright light of the beams before my vision started fading and my consciousness started to slip.

"Hey there, mate are you okay. Hey kiddo respond!"

I looked up to what I presumed to be the truck driver before laughing.

"HAHAHAHAHA! Looks like this is then end for me, shame I never got to reach to pre...stige...1....0"

 

 

 

 

140