V1 C5: Plastic Memories
4.3k 12 129
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cosmos Venti's POV:

Looking at the young lady before me, she most definitely resembled the beautiful Lady Mileele that I'd been serving aside as a guardian for all these years. Her warm red eyes and wild yet elegant blonde hair was just like her mothers, and she seemed to carry the strong yet wilful attitude of her fathers.

If she hadn't told me differently, I'd have assumed that nothing was wrong with her. She still carried the same tomboyish attitude that she'd always had when she was a juvenile.

A strong and independent person, who didn't live up to the conventional norms, as unladylike as possible, the only thing remotely linking her to the gender being her physical disposition and liking for dresses. That was the lady that I knew, and as of current she wasn't acting that much differently.

Although, this may have stood to be true for now I'd have to keep an eye out for her.

Whilst busy running things through my mind, which hadn't been very active for 200 years, the madame listed through her concerns about being a different individual named 'Callum'.

It hurt inside to find out her concerns. The look on her face when she questioned who she really was, the pained expression which I don't think even she realised that she was making. I wanted to hug her and comfort her.

Even though I wanted to tell her that everything would be fine, that everything would sort itself out and that she'd have nothing to worry about I couldn't. Giving her a false sense of hope, would bring nothing but further troubles down the line.

So instead, I did what I could do. I listened.  For hours on end I listened to the young lady's life story. About her world in which mechanical robots named 'cars' transported people. How they attended institutions called schools, similar to this world’s academies except you didn't have to be of the aristocracy to join. About her abhorrent sibling and mother, who made her life a walking misery. 

Hearing that point of the story really made me want to go twist their necks, chuck them down a cauldron full of lava and boil them for eternity, however I just managed to compose myself.

She spoke of so many ridiculous things, such as a world without magic. A world without magic! It was very hard to believe, but I'd known my Lady for far too long and I could tell that she wasn't lying about it. If she was the first thing, I'd have advised her to do would be to see a healing doctor!

Although she seemed startled, surprised and worried about everything I soon noticed that the madame was quick to get over her troubles and issues. I could see that burning desire in her eyes, to move forward. She didn't spend all day moping around but instead got up and looked forward. She was much like her mother in that sense.

We talked a bit more before the night came to a close. Just trivial things such as likes and dislikes, my lady kept on talking about a game by the name of FOD, whatever that was and how it was the best game in the universe. She mentioned many terms that I had to add to my phrase list such as: camping f*ckboy, you sh*teater, dogw*nk player. It was quite interesting.

It was the most enjoyable moment that I'd managed to have in the last 200 years of me being dormant. 

My lady let out a small yawn it seemed that she was tired. As she drifted of, I heard the vaguest of noises escape her lips.

"What an interesting day"

'Indeed, today has been an interesting day, the most interesting one that I've had for the last 200 years. I hope that the day comes my lady when I can once again stand beside you and see nothing but your radiant smile. Hopefully, you don't remember those past events, somethings are better left forgotten.'

Now that she was sleeping, I had time to think back on the memories installed of the event that took place. The events that led up to situation. I could still remember it like it was yesterday...

(200 YEARS PRIOR, 1856th year of the Calrien Calendar.)

"Cosmos, take Millie to the time stop transport gate, and don't look back!"

I turned around to look towards the voice, there a beautiful and radiant woman, with long luscious locks that almost reached the ground was unsheathing a long sword from her scabbard. This lady that had enough charm to make any man swoon with just the look of her ruby red eyes was the mistress of the household, Mrs Veronica Van Outra.

"But Mrs Veronica what is going on. I thought the threat would be coming in a months’ time!"

A look of anguish possessed her face as she took a deep breath.

"Cosmos, the corruption seems to have already spread. My men and husband are currently fighting it right now, it looks like those bastards from the beast society misread the date. Furthermore, they haven't provided us the support they promised, instead they've locked their gates to us."

Hearing this my hands trembled in fury.

"Those damn dogs, after all we've done for them, they betray us now!"

"I know it's frustrating, but we need to stop them here. We can't let them get to the capital Vampdred where the Empress is."

"I know, I know but Mrs Veronica what about your safety. As the first lady of the MoonBlood Clan..."

"GO! Stop wasting time Cosmos. I know that you care but as the leading member of one of the 7 true-blood vampire clans I have a duty to protect the Empress. You know this."

"But Mrs I want to help you! How can I leave the woman who saved my life to battle against... against those despicable scoundrels!"

For a moment, a perfect smile formed on her flawless face.

"Cosmos, if you really want to help me. Take Mileele to safety, my daughter she's my everything. If there is one thing that I must protect it's her. Now please hurry! If I survive this battle, I'll make sure to find you both. Please take good care of her!"

And just like that, she disappeared running into the battlefield. The woman who I'd loved but could only look at from a far had now left my side. Coming from a wasteland of battlefields, I knew the devastation and destructiveness of war, and although the Mistress was indeed one of the strongest vampires alive those beasts were no easy target.

The corruption, a name given to the demonic beasts that were formed from the blood and mana of the demonic GOD Kavmir. With the ability to grow in strength the more that they killed in battle as well as the power to convert the dead into corruption warriors, they were a terror not to be messed with.

At first, they were considered a B class threat being strong in battle but weak in numbers. But thanks to a lack of knowledge and being underestimated as a threat they were not eliminated immediately and now the consequence for these actions were that they moved to become a disaster class threat.

Although I believed in the mistress' strength I couldn't help but feel worried about her safety and the outcome of the battle. 

'Take Mileele to safety, my daughter she's my everything.'

Those words rang throughout my head. What was I doing idly standing here whilst she was on the battlefield fighting with her life? 

I had been given a mission and I was going to complete it, even if it cost me my life. Snapping out of my stupor I ran towards the young lady's bedroom, pounding on the door.

Silence.

'Is the lady, okay? Is she in her room? What if she's not here, should I break down the door!'

"Young lady Mileele. Please open up it's me Cosmos!"

...

"What do you want! Can't you see that I'm busy, leave me alone!"

"But my lady we must escape urgently, as things stand you are currently in danger!"

"I don't want to go. Mum and Dad are fighting in the war. They told me everything, I don't want to leave their sides. I'll wait for them here. I'll wait for them to come back for me."

It was a beautiful sentiment, something that I would have loved to respect and abide by, however right now I couldn't. I could tell the girl deeply cared for her parents, and for what I was going to do, I hoped that she would not eternally hate me. Her fragile wish to wait for her parents like a lost dog, I was going to break it. Break it with my own hands.

Realising that there wasn't enough time to reason with the young lady, I decided to blast the door open instead. Mustering the right amount of aura needed in my hand I proceeded to destroy the door.

"Wwwwhat are you doing!"

Ignoring everything that she said, from her grunts and complaints as far down to the tears streaming down her face, I picked her up locking my hands around her with a vice like grip. She tried everything from biting me, to pulling my hair, from screaming to begging me, however I ignored all of it. Separating my emotion from my actions, I locked away all sense of emotions that I had as not to faulter in the decision that I was making.

I avoided contact with her eyes, only focusing on my goal towards taking her to the transport chamber. I kept on telling myself it was fine if she hated me, it was fine if she'd grow up to despise my name. All of it would be okay as long as she made it out alive. However, this couldn't be more opposite from the truth.

Inside the depths of my heart, it was tearing my soul into pieces. Separating this young girl away from her family, away from her home which she might not possibly see again.

'Please don't hate me madame, this is for your own good.'

The journey which should have been short and quick, felt like it would drag out for eternity ,however eventually we arrived at the transportation gate which was located in the underground bottom most floor of the family mansion.

"Now to start this up!"

Feeding magic into the ancient rune inscribed tablet, a bright glow filled the room as light purple particles danced around in the air. The cluster of purple particles suddenly began huddling together, eventually forming a portal hole.

Checking the space magic fuel gauge in the metre next to the rune tablet I noticed that it was only enough for one person. 

Looking at the little girl who was now whimpering at my shoulder I came to my own decision.

"Damn after coming this far. I guess this is where my journey ends. You probably hate me Ms Mileele, after all I did separate you from your family. This isn't how I intended things to turn up, I didn't want to do this."

Before I even noticed, tears started flowing down my cheeks like a flowing river stream. This was the end of the journey for me, the last time that I'd see her again. After this, I'd probably head of towards the battlefield, to fight against those creatures and preserve the dignity of the clan. Placing my hand on her head I cast a high tier magic spell on the girl, causing her to fall into a deep sleep.

"Vitra teil ohmi ablog!"

Slowly, a copy of my memories started transferring towards a corner of her mind. In these memories where countless techniques and arts of the vampire I'd learnt, as well as knowledge from our era. I intended to leave the young lady with the memories of mine and merge them into the system she had in her which was created by her mother. Hopefully this would help her on her journey.

With tear-stained eyes I bid my final farewell.

"Goodbye my lady, you don't know what a joy it has been working alongside you. I know that you'll probably remember me in a negative way and hate me, however I hope that despite that you'll still find happiness. Make sure to eat well. Don't miss out on your sleep. Drink only high-quality blood, and maybe try to act the least bit ladylike."

With my final goodbye out of the way with, I reluctantly placed her into the portal watching her slowly disappear as the space around it fianally came to a close.

 

 

 

129