V1 C7: Looking at the system (Part 2)
3k 17 122
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Hmm I should probably start by getting more information on the capabilities of each option. Hey Cosmos, could you please tell me what they all do?’

[Very, well… adding description to items]

----------

{SHOP FUNCTION} {lvl. 1}

Vampire beginners scroll - 1 skill point.

(An essential skill set that all new vampires should have on their journey to become the strongest. Includes skills such as blood swipe x1, mystic eyes x1 and bloodhounds’ sense x1)

Aphrodisiacs basic - 250 vamp coins

(Do you wish for beauty that will attract even the most heartless of individuals? Do you want the sight of men and women alike beckoning to your call due to your sheer attractiveness? If so, purchase aphrodisiac basic lasts 1hr at which your charisma will increase by 100 points.)

Evil aura condenser- 5000 vamp coins

(Vampire’s the most graceful and beautiful of the demon kind need an aura befitting of such elegancy. The evil aura condenser will do just that, it will condense and absorb the evil qi around the host strengthening their aura. Watch as individuals bow at your feet, enemies become paralysed with fear and wild beasts be tamed at the sheer presence of your aura.)

Mystery box - 500 vamp coins

(What special items could be found within such a mystery box (500 edition). From this box the host has a chance of drawing an item that could help them in their conquest. The odds of picking a certain rarity will be given below: common (67.4%), uncommon (20.2%), rare (9.9%), ultra-rare (1.8%), legendary (0.7%), mythical (0%))

Veil of protection - 1000 vamp coins

(Sunlight, the natural enemy to all vampires. A problem which in the past lead vampires to a nocturnal lifestyle allowing them only to prowl in the night. But then one day a famous inventor revolutionised vampiric lifestyle. With the invisible barrier named the veil of protection. Vampires can now move throughout the day. A new era has begun for the bloodsuckers, the ones who are now not limited by nature.)

Attribute tester - 1 skill point

(Fire, water, wind, earth, light or darkness. Or perhaps you are a deviant who can use nature, space, time or world magic Find what attributes you are compatible with, using the magic attribute tester. Each test paper costs one skill point, one test paper can only be used per individual.)

Bloodline refinement - 3 skill points

(This awakens the hosts bloodline meter. With this they can absorb the bloodline of any monsters that they kill and defeat in battle. Further detail will be explained upon unlocking the skill.)

Appraisal - 5 skill points

(This skill allows the host to analyse the stats and skills of any individual that they appraise. It also provides the host the functionality to    appraise items and objects within the world. The amount of information the host has access to depends on the lvl of the appraisal skill and/or the strength of a person or significance of an item.)

-----------------

'Wow that's a lot of information'. Blinking my eyes to give them a quick rest from the power scanning they'd just done I looked again at the holographic screen.

'Everything seems so useful. I want to buy everything, but if we are talking about things that I need right now then probably the veil of protection thing and the vampire skill set.'

[Are you sure that's what you would like to purchase?]

'Well, I would've wanted to get appraisal right now but it's 5 SKILL POINTS! Damn what do you think I am, rich. I have to prioritise attack moves for my safety as I could be placed in danger at any moment. But hey Cosmos can't you give me a discount or something?'

[Nope! I cannot, the price was fixed by your mother. She probably doesn't want to you to be a lazy leeching bum. I mean usual you don't even get a system consisting of someone’s knowledge and power so you should be grateful.]

'Yeah yeah, whatever. I'll buy the veil of protection and the vampire beginners scroll.'

[Purchase pending....... complete. Deducting appropriate currencies.]

{Obtained Vampire's skill scroll. Would you like to open it? YES/NO?}

'YES'

{New skill Blood swipe} {New skill mystic eyes} {New skill bloodhounds' senses}

{Obtained veil of protection. Would you like to PASSIVELY ACTIVATE? YES/NO?}

'YES'

{Veil of protection activated.}

Realising that the heavy decision making had finished, a sense of relief and joy escaped the cusps of breath that left my mouth. A small smile creeped up my face, there was something oddly satisfying about taking control of your own future. It felt like for the first time in this new world that I was making progress.

"YIPPEE. I GOT MAGICAL POWERS, I'M JUST LIKE THE ISEKAI PROTAGONIST. HEY ALL YOU BULLIES THAT MADE FUN OF MY CHUUNIBYOU SYNDROME LOOK AT ME NOW!".

Jumping up from the ground, I put a big middle finger up to the sky, joy oozing out of my petite body.

[My lady that is very, erm unladylike.]

'Hey in my old world they were always striving towards gender equality. Like the wise Kazuma stated, (I yearn for true gender equality. I have no patience for one who talks about female privilege when it suits them, and then complains about someone "not being a man" when it's convenient. I am using both my privileges.'

[...]

'Yeh bet you have nothing to say to that do you. '

As I was lecturing the system on its sexist approach, a strong scent of blood wafted through the air smacking my nostrils. Upon the smell entering my nose, a sense of bloodlust sieged my body as my mouth started drooling. 

'Mmmh something smells nice.'

My stomach leading the way, I decided to follow the scent in the air like a sniffer dog. It seemed that I couldn't smell the scent before because of the distance from the source. However, with this new bloodhounds' sense skill I could finally smell it.

Closing upon the source, a faint rustling could be heard coming from the bushes on the other side.

Gulping due to the build-up of saliva, coursing through my throat, every fibre in my body started twitching. It was if my body was entranced, no longer mine. A slave to pleasure.

Voices in my head full of desire and carnage streamed through my head. 'Drink it, dry it up, devour, blood, blood, blood, blood' My control over my body was waning. My mind and body working in unison against my will. It never came to my attention before but looking back on it my status did say I was hungry. However, I paid no mind to it, and this was the cost.

{Host current state - Blood frenzy. For the next 5 minutes all stats boosted by +10%, however host's rationality is corrupted. Host’s mental strength isn't enough to get through corruption. Primal mode activated.}

Just like that a sense of herculean strength started flowing through my body pulsating through every vein, vessel and cell within me. I could feel the power surge through, but at the same time it didn't feel like my power or my body. It felt like I'd become a spectator of my own body as it started moving by itself. It was somewhat responsive to my commands yet sometimes not, like a little child who only listened to its parent when it wanted too.

My hands viciously brushed through the leaves and shrubs, revealing three dark grey wolves gauging at the carcass of a dead deer. The wolves seemed almost identical to the ones from earth only differing minutely. For on their heads was a small horn, with the middle one being the largest having a horn twice the size of the others. They were all glaring viscously upon their food but upon hearing my footsteps their gazes left their meal and instead focused on me.

Their golden yellow eyes, seemed to be staring through my fragmented soul, with a greedy yearning that shouted, 'new food'. It seemed that they only viewed me as nothing more than livestock. But it was nothing person, after all I had the same idea.

Licking my lips, I looked at my prey. It was hunting season, now.

[Oh, by the way madame, I forgot to mention that if you don't drink enough blood, you will go in a blood frenzy state.]

'COSMOSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

122