V1 C8: Birth of a battle maniac
2.8k 8 119
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My fingernails slowly shifted into claws as I swung them like lethal hammers towards the wolves. A quick sweeping motion, sharp and precise, but nevertheless the wolves managed to avoid. I made a sharp jump backwards, dragging my legs across the mud to avoid their synchronised attacks.

Gravel skidded through the air in slow motion, like raindrops floating through the sky before dispersing onto the ground again. 

Sweat beads dripped down my brow. The first clash, it had been quick and brief, a bittersweet fighting experience that told of the dangers and risk of the art. My body groggy and sometimes unresponsive to my orders, put me at a disadvantage, however for some reason I could feel nothing but ecstasy.

The thrill of risking your very life, of clashing against an enemy. Trying to win, beat them, outsmart them and face them head on. There was something absurdly fantastic about it. A sort of delicacy in the savage display of battle.

"AUGHHHHH!"

In unison the three wolves started howling, creating a gust of wind so strong that the relaxed trees started undulating back and forth as if they were trying to escape their roots. 

It seemed they were getting serious now, perhaps they were only feeling me out beforehand but now I could tell. The real deal was about to start.

*WHOOSH*

The wind slowly trailed past us.

My hands trembling, I darted towards the wolves, feet pushing of the ground with a boom. My eyes scanned and searched for a target, until I picked out the wolf with the smallest size and horn. A giant smile erupting on my face.

'Blood Swipe'

Appearing from the realms of nothingness, a great crimson red blood crescent emerged out of my hands. It was in a liquidly state at first, but eventually it hardened significantly. With one hand I grabbed a crescent, with another I sent two more shots to disperse the other wolves.

'Closer, I'm getting closer.'

Acceleration. My body accelerated, faster and faster my nimble legs advanced, like a running locomotive. I had no intention to stop, not until a bloody canvas was all that was left. Sensing my inner killing intent, the wolf stood paralysed in fear for a split second before attempting to jump to the side.

Like a seasoned warrior, I'd already anticipated this course of action.

*Kchh*

Using my left foot, I kicked the scattered soil on the ground in the direction of the wolf’s golden eyes. Dirt zoomed through the air, towards the eyes of the wolf, disabling its eyesight for a few moments. But a few moments were all that I needed.

'Damn, I wish my body would do what I wanted. I need to hurry up the other wolves are coming for me now'.

Now a hair breadth apart, my blood red eyes stared directly at the opposing sunset eyes. The overwhelming red only served to remind the world of my overwhelming bloodlust. My eyes engulfed the yellow, overpowering the colour. Red, the colour of wrath, red the colour of death. And just like a premonition death ceased the wolf. The blood crescent pierced through the gammy flesh of the grey wolf, spearing through its body.

"AOOOAHHH!"

Blood gushed out of the body, spilling onto the floor. It laid there on the floor too injured to battle. It was clear to see that death would slowly be capturing yet again another target.

My eyes went towards the blood pool lying in the ground.

'What a waste.'

*Swish*

The numbing pain of flesh being ripped off assaulted my back. Hair strands and blood dropping to the ground. My only garments had been totally ruined, exposing my wounded bare back.  It seemed that my opponents where the least bit pleased. 

'A quick attack to a person who's not facing you. I see I'm not the only one to play dirty'.

I jumped back distancing myself from the two remaining monsters. Chances were that the same tactic wouldn't work the second time round,

'Damn if only I had more skills'.

It was then that a certain idea rushed through my mind.

'Hey Cosmos, can I manipulate the shape and attachments of my blood swipe?'

[Yes, you can. Doing so will evolve the skill into blood creation. Although, the strength and precision of the blood will depend on the level and the size or detail will depend on the amount of mana you have.]

'Nice to hear.'

Learning this knowledge, I proceeded into battle. Rushing towards the two wolves, who were running at me at the same time. Their bodies were sensing my every movement, on high alert to any sort of situations which might occur. But that was completely fine for me, because I'd be using no gimmicks... at least for now.

The distance between us shortened. We were close. We were ready.

Just when I was in their striking range, I tried sliding my body down on the ground to go underneath them. However, my body didn't listen to my command.

{Host current state - Blood frenzy. Host's rationality corrupted, host's mental state is trying to fight corruption.}

'You've got to be f*cking kidding me!'

My mind and the corruption started fighting for control of my body, as it automatically adjusting itself to try and dodge the incoming claws. Tilting to angle it managed to evade any fatal blows in exchange for two large gashes piercing through my arm. Relieved and annoyed at the same time I couldn't help but curse.

'F*ck this sh*tty corruption!'

It seemed I could control my body sometimes but not at others.

"Owww!"

Grabbing my injured arm, I tried backing up away from the wolves. This situation didn't look good at all. I was isolated, vulnerable and most importantly hungry.

But as you know they say that a cornered rat is the most dangerous. Although, drained emotionally and physically a gleam of victory still shined in my eyes. Throughout this battle never, had I thought of giving up.

Just as I was ready to re-engage in battle a loud howl travelled through the air.

"AUGHHHHH!"

'What's that?'

I looked around to see where the noise was coming from but couldn't find the source whatsoever. Turning my attention back to the wolves I could see that they were looking back and forth between me and the direction of the howl, as if they were contemplating about something.

The largest wolf looked at me ruefully, as if it had missed out on an opportunity before exiting the forest clearance with its companion.

[It looks like they were called by the alpha of the group.]

'Blood, blood.'

My ears had filtered out everything that Cosmos had conveyed to me, the only thing on my mind being the weak and spasming wolf that laid on the ground. It was so close to death, but still alive, and as long as it was alive fresh blood would be running through its body.

I staggered towards the lone wolf, with a look of greed. Okay I might not have taken down all the wolves as I hoped however, today I earned myself my fist meal. Gradually, I managed to arrive at the wolf. I sifted my hand through the fur around the neck area to reveal its skin and bared my fangs.

Today was the day of my first battle, and this was my reward.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

119