V1 C10: Destined Encounter
4.2k 25 109
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Where the hell am I!!!", I shouted my lungs about to burst. It had been 5 hours now and I was still completely lost within the forest. My breath was weary from the countless running around that I had been doing.

Paired with the inaccurate 200-year-old information that Cosmos provided, I had gotten absolutely nowhere.

This was getting confusing. Like, woah. Why was the world plotting against me?

Trying to calm myself down I decided to take large big breaths. Perhaps, after breathing in the fresh air I would calm down.

'Breathe Mileele, breathe.'

During my course of stay in this new world, it had never occurred to me that I was in the middle of nowhere. The fact had completely escaped my mind, hiding itself from me, and the results were that now I was lost in the forest.

Trying to distract myself from the miserable scenario that I was caught up in, my eyes searched the environment.

'Surely, there must be an exit somewhere'.

I looked around at my surroundings, trying to find any clues upon to where the exit could be.

Searching from side to side, I inspected everything from the rocks to the blades of grass. Not missing a single detail. At this stage any new information would be helpful.

Using the appraisal skill that I'd gained I gazed at a shiny looking that I happened to stumble by on the floor.

'Hmmm this looks different, I haven't seen this rock before. APPRAISAL'

<Ancient Soilic rock><Information: An ancient rock that is formed through compression of soil with magic imbued. Strong and sturdy>

'Wow what an interesting rock, Imma call you rock-kun.'

After naming the new rock, I decisively picked it up and threw it aggressively in the air like an American football.

'Are you kidding me more soilic rock, I don't care if it's ancient it's basically the same thing!"

The rock that I had hulk tossed ended up hurtling through the air like a rocket projectile, and that was the end of it. Well at least that's what I thought.

After that I was about to continue my pointless journey, until I heard a yelp coming from the direction, I threw the rock.

"OUCH! that hurt".

Like a bloodhound who had just sensed the scent of its nearest prey, I turned around to the direction of the voice, running to behind the hedges from where I heard it. A sense of hope filled my eyes, perhaps my saving grace had finally arrived- my prince charming.

'Should I say my angel, no not angel. Angels aren't as nice as I thought they've been. How about saviour, yes my saviour has arrived.'

Running towards the hedges I ended up bumping into the individual who I'd been searched for and like star-crossed lovers we gracefully tri..

[There is no need to lie madame.]

'Fine'

In the most brutal collisions, we ended up headbutting each other, our heads ramming into each other like horned bulls in a bullfight.

"Ouch! Did I happen to stumble upon an evil talisman, or maybe I got cursed.", the mysterious voice yelped.

Squinting my eyes from the impact, my vision opened up to get a view of the individual I collided with. Coincidentally we both stood up at the same time, allowing me to get a good look at her face.

Holy crap, cat girls actually existed. Right in front of me was a bonafide cat-girl. The types that otakus in my old world would drool for.

The pretty lady had long dark black hair that reached towards her bottom. It looked tough like steel, sharp and pointy contrasting  her soft and expressive facial expressions. Her eyes were an abyssal black, so enrapturing that you could get lost in the black holes by just looking at them.

On her head were two pair of furry ears and a long tail extending from her bottom, only proving more evidently that she was a cat girl.

"Kyuu, what is a little girl like you doing in the demonic beast forest? Did you perhaps get lost?", she asked before rapidly moving her face in front of mine.

It was to the extent that I could feel the perspiration of her warm breath in my face.

Embarrassed my face turned red instantly.

'Does this girl not know the definition of personal space!'

Slightly intimidated and nervous I scuttled back a little, retreating from this powerful opponent that I'd found.

"... yes, I may be a bit lost?", I whispered quietly, the nerves clearly being reflected through my voice.

I had never really been good with girls, I mean all boys had their fantasy about how they would become like the next harem protagonists and get girls within seconds, however when it came to the real thing it was vastly different.

Right now, what I was experiencing was something that I named the 'crumble syndrome'. The crumble syndrome being a condition in which the individual disillusioned themselves into thinking that they were the ultra chad.

That if they spoke to cute girls, everything would come out fine.  Their chat, their body, their behaviour everything would be perfect because they were a chad. However, the truth being that when they actually spoke to pretty girls they crumbled.

'Damn I should have spent less time playing FOD and had more of a social life. I the emperor of trash talking at the pinnacle of the art of dissing cannot even talk properly to this girl.'

"Huh are you okay?",she said whilst tilting her head towards the side.

I looked at her for a second with a blank facial expression, but behind the steel face many things were going through my head.'Is she okay, why is she tilting her head like that. Don't tell me she is a crazy.'

"Perhaps, you are nervous. Young girls like us shouldn't be staying in a dirty forest like this. I was just going back to the village do you want to come along?"

Going with the flow of things I decided to instead just nod my head, and that's how I ended up following a random cat girl that I coincidentally met.

"By the way I didn't catch your name... Oh oops it's rude to ask for other names before stating your own. My apologies, my name is Leiya, and you are?"

"Mileele."

Extending her hand, she moved it towards me, gesturing for a handshake. Complying with the request, my cold icy hands met together with her warm comforting hands.

"Okay then Mileele, I hope we can be good friends."

"Yes, me too."

From then on, I followed Leiya with a burning desire in my eyes. From today onwards I was going to improve my commu-chat (communication ability), the birth of a new Mileele would start from today.

109