V1 C11: Arriving At The Village
1.6k 11 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For hours upon hours we'd been walking through the forest, or that is what it had felt like, however it was only a 20 minute walk. To think that the village was only 20 minutes away, who would've thought.

Was I just retarded then, perhaps. I mean I'd been walking around the forest for like 5 hours and hadn't arrived anywhere and now I was being told that the village was only 20 minutes away. Granted that we were now quite a distance away from where I'd originally appeared it seemed plausible that I'd just been going around in circles.

Apparently Leila had said that ,Spirit lake was around 2 hours from the village so granted the distance was far, however I had taken more than double the time to arrive here.

'I should've attended those boy scout trips'

[Boy scouts?]

'Ergh it's another world thing, Cosmos. Perhaps I'll tell you about it one day.'

Looking at the environment around me I noticed that the trees had started to thin out. The bushy branches had slowly reduced in numbers; we were getting close.

"My my.. Mileele you sure are intrigued about the environment"

"Ohh erm yes. I believe erm... that trees are very important. They erm.. are very good", I said unconvincingly.

Surprisingly, the girl took my half-assed comment pretty well.

"Oh yes indeed! Wow, Mileele it seems we have something in common. Perhaps we're soul mates. My mother once told me that beastkin should look after nature so that nature looks after you. Ever since I became an adventurer, I've made sure to look after the environment of the forest whenever I could!"

Wow, Leila was much more righteous than me. The most I'd done for the environment was plant a sunflower plant in primary school, and even then it had died in a week.

"So Mileele, what race are you. Your blonde hair, pointy ears and love for nature suggest that your an elf but It's quite rare to see elves with red eyes? Perhaps your a mixed...?"

My face gaped in surprise. I hadn't been expecting a question like that so soon. Sure enough I could tell her that I was a vampire, but I'm sure that wouldn't end quite well. Who'd be crazy enough to welcome a vamp into their village. If I were them I surely wouldn't.

Debating on what to say, I hesitated in saying anything for a second. Picking this up the girls ears and tail quickly drooped down, perhaps due to sensing my hesitance.

"Oh sorry, I didn't realise how unsensitive my comment was. You don't have to tell me if its uncomfortable", she stated whilst waving her hands frantically. She looked at me as if I had a sad backstory or something. Like I'd been abandoned by my parents.

'Wait wait wait. I think she has a huge misunderstanding here. Don't give me that look, does she think my parents have died or something. Well to be fair I do look like a little kid and I am alone, but that's because I'm a young vampire.'

'Speaking about age, hey Cosmos how old am I?'

[I believe that my lady was, 19 years old, the last time I physically saw you. But if we are including the difference in time 219yrs old.]

'Okay I'm 19.'

[Well techincally speaking...]

'19!'

[Of course, what a lovely young infant vampire we have.]

'Infant what do you mean infant. I'm an adult'

[I think you have a misconception Lady Mileele. In the human years 16 maybe considered an adult but a vampire becomes a young adult at the the age of 100.]

'100!'

[Yes, so your still an infant, If only you were 219yrs old, but wait you said you were 19. HAHAHAHAHA!]

'Stupid Cosmos.'

Ending the brief conversation that I had I turned back to Leila. If she was playing the empathy role I might as well just fit into it. I mean I didn't know my parents of this world. For some reason they'd left me here so she wasn't completely wrong.

"I don't really remember my parents at all. But, I think I'm an elf.. although I'm not to sure', I said with a quivering voice.

The girl looked at me with a saddened expression, it was clear as day she was regretting what she had said.

'Damn I should become an actor.'

Mixing a truth and a lie like a pro, I managed to sway the heart of the cat girl infront of me. Call me a bad person if you want, but I had to get into this village. This fucking nature was becoming too much for me. I was never really an outsidey type of person anyway.

Trying to uplift the mood the girl started telling me about all the nature around her from the trees to the rocks, the plants to the bugs as well as monsters that inhabited the forest. It was clear that she was trying to cheer me up.

What a nice girl. The total opposite to my mum and sister.

'If only all women where as nice as her.'

Soon enough we arrived at the entrance to the village, there we were greeted by two anthropomorphic bear people.

'Yes you heard me bear people!'

 

 

 

 

76