V1 C12: Daughter Of The Chieftan
4.8k 13 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My eyes turned towards the two bear like anthropomorphics in front of me. They seemed to have bristly grey hair with a dark black line running through their centres.

Their height around two meters tall, wide in size. Too be honest they looked more like bears than humans. In fact, the only thing that distinguished them from the real deal where that they were bipedal and were holding a bunch of swords.

Their faces seemed quite menacing, eyebrows crinkled and body language very tense. It reminded me of a certain videogame character that I'd seen when I was younger. A certain notorious black and white bear with a horrid personality, hopefully they weren't like that.

"Leila, who is this intruder that you are bringing into Kakori Village!", the left one shouted.

It seemed that he wasn't too keen upon my presence. Looking upwards my gaze met bear A, his eyes seeming to pierce directly through my soul with a sense of unashamed hostility. He clearly wasn't hiding his discontent for me.

'C'mon man at least act professionally. You’re a village guardian, shouldn't you be cool and suave like in the movies.' In all honesty he was acting very unprofessionally, after all he didn't know If I was an important guest or not. What happened if I was the Vampire Empress or something, oh well it was best that I kept these voiced opinions to myself.

'Better just stay quiet.' 

It seemed I wouldn't have to worry though, because Leila was right on his case defending me. 

"Ordin, don't be so rude. This is my friend Mileele from the Elgar Forest!", Leila stated fierce fully.

Again, I released what an honour it was to have a nice friend.

"But Leila you know what's been going on in the village lately. We can't just invite people in. Not after all the incidences that have been happening. You never know she could be a part of them!", Ordin retorted before furiously gazing in my direction.

'Geez what's his problem'. Clearly, he didn't want to let this go.

With those words, Leila quickly unsheathed the short sword that was idly sitting in her hilt with lightspeed reaction. I hadn't noticed it earlier, but it seemed that she carried a sword on her hip. Perhaps, she was a swordsman or better yet an adventurer. The sword she was carrying was only around 14inches in length, typical for a sword of that nature, it gleamed a shiny silver showing how carefully looked after it was, however, also bore multiple chips on its frame.

It was clear as day that it was heavily used.

Within an instant the pointed tip of the dagger had traversed through the air and reached the eye of Ordin. The spectacle happened so quickly, that if you were to blink you would miss the fleeting moment.

This was only something that a talented swordsman with years of practice could do. Well at least that was my judgment based on my old-world standards, however here it could be just the norm. Despite that for some reason I felt that Leila was just strong in her own sense.

Leila's face was furrowed her fur standing up. She looked directly at Ordin, then the other bear that had smartly avoided the conflict. The other bear couldn't meet her gaze. I felt a tiny bit sorry for him, although he was hostile, he'd stayed quiet. 

Leila once again turned her gaze to Ordin.

"Ordin, remember your place in this village. I personally stated that Mileele was my comrade. Therefore, by questioning her intentions, you are also questioning my judgement, remember that." she firmly stated removing her dagger from the guards’ eye and returning it back to the pocket hilt.

With that the guarded bear dropped down his sword to the ground, before successively kneeling.

'Huh, what is he doing?' Was I missing something, I mean I knew that Leila looked super pissed and was hella scary then, but was it enough to make this menacing bearman kneel? It was then the answer to my confusion came about.

"I'm very sorry for my lack of consideration. Lady Leila, daughter of the village chieftain. I will accept any punishment necessary. If you command, I shall even strip naked and submit my belly towards you."

'Huh submit... belly... strip... Wwhat was going on!!!', was this some beastfolk tradition I was hearing. Even then it did sound a bit crude, stripping naked in front of everyone, however strangely enough that wasn't even the most peculiar part. Belly rubbing, why? 'You know what, to each their own.'

"That will not be needed for Ordin. As long as you understand, I know that you ave the village in your best interests but sometimes you can be a tiny bit overbearing." 

It seemed Leila had calmed down and returned back to her jovial composed form. She fitted the description of the calm before the storm. 

'Scary. Cosmos make a mental note not to piss of Leila'

[Will do Madame, if I sense you have said something quite audacious, I shall sound an alarm.]

'Alarm?'

[You'll find out in due time.]

The atmosphere had seriously calmed down and it seemed that things had returned back to normal. Well actually things had never been normal in the first place, therefore it would be more accurate to say that a peaceful atmosphere had been created. 

Both the anthropomorphics, who were name Ordin and Lorag, apologised to me although a bit begrudgedly. It was kind of weird seeing two, 2 metered tall bear people kowtow in front of a little girl, so I didn't really know how to respond. 

In the end I just reddened up saying something like, 'lift your head guardians. It was nothing but a simple misunderstanding!'

Leila squealed in excitement when she heard my voice commenting on how cute I sounded, but hey I was a man here I had my pride I tell you pride. I ended up shouting at her in anger, however that caused her to laugh even more, she even started squishing my cheeks.

It looked like I'd managed to get into the village, despite all the hectic trouble that had followed, it seemed I finally made my first piece of progress in this new world.

 

70