Ch 85. New Threat
34 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The following events occurred in a city far from the sight and knowledge of our dear heroes… However, even if they knew nothing about what was happening at that time, it is mandatory for you to know about those events, in order to understand why things ended up as they do.

 

A girl covered in tattered clothes was just coming back to her senses after being knocked out from the strikes she received the night before. Sadly, right now, calling her a girl is nothing but wrong: at this point, she is no closer to being a girl than a stray dog.

Years ago she used to be something near a half demon girl, however, no matter how far behind we go, there’s almost no way to reach a point where she was a free lifebeing instead of a slave. Nowadays, she had already been stripped of the tip of her long ears, her beautiful horns were mutilated little by little and her tail was sold to a renowned chef of an overly exclusive restaurant.

Years ago she used to be something near a half demon girl, however, no matter how far behind we go, there’s almost no way to reach a point where she was a free lifebeing instead of a slave. Nowadays, she had already been stripped of the tip of her long ears, her beautiful horns were mutilated little by little and her tail was sold to a renowned chef of an overly exclusive restaurant. At this point, there's nothing else to be taking away from her.

With her head still being a mess, she looked around, totally helpless. It was not as if she was hoping to find any sign of hope around her, she was just surprised to be left asleep until that hour. However, before long, she discovered that she had been freed. Well, not exactly: There were still shackles around her wrists and ankles, but the chains had been cut.

After realizing that, and unable to stand up due to the lack of strength on her limbs, she looked around once again, trying to understand what happened.

She found blood podles everywhere around, however, that still meant nothing to her. She still needed to understand where everyone went.

“HOw MuCH lONgeR WiLl yoU kEEp aIMleSslY LooKInG arOunD…?”

A deep voice that felt like a howl in an almost uncompensable lenguaje asked the clueless girl that was still sitting on the cold ground made out of stone.

“...!”

It was so sudden that the girl almost jumped out due to the impression of an unknown person suddenly talking to her. However, after looking at where the voice came from…

“...”

It was not as if she didn't want to answer to her interpeloper, or as if she was totally scared by the nightmarish scene that was right in front of her eyes, it was just that she had no strength to talk, not even to her savior.

A dark and enormous silhouette was cutting against the shadows of one of the warehouse’s walls. The only thing that was clearly distinguishable from anything else, were the red glowing eyes that showed an enormous blood thirst.

Well, there was something else that also was clearly visible, but just as indistinguible as the dark silhouette: it was the creature’s throne.

The unknown being was sitting over the top of a grotesque sculpture made out of multiple limbs, heads and torsos that looked familiar but at the same time, indistinguible due to the hardships they have been through.

The view was so harsh and cruel that almost everyone would have been so shocked that they'd pass out, or at least start throwing up. But the girl, the girl stood there, sitting on the cold ground, quiet and still.

Both of them looked into each other's eyes, but still no one said anything.

There's no way to know what happened between those two different beings.

There's no reason for a being that has furthered from the path of Gods and walked into the path of death and curses to leave someone alive.

There's no reason for a girl that has been living a pitiful aside from everyone's sight and help to continue living her meaningless life.

However, Gods tend to play with dice more often than people think.

Sooner than later, legends arose about a deadly girl that laughs in the depths of the darkest alleys as she walks away with her hands covered in the blood of her victims.

A girl that calls herself a Paladin.

A Paladin of a long forgotten God.

A God that's everything but Holy, a Fallen God.

2