Ch 86. Firewood
62 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

However, that was something that was currently happening in a far away place.

Right here, right now, in our Lady’s realm, we are currently facing problems that are totally different than those.

“This is bad! Another fire has just started into the depths of the forest!”

A rampaging Goblin entered the throne room as I was pouring some tea into the Demon Lord’s cup.

Normally, you wouldn't expect someone entering in such a blunt way into the throne’s room, and if they do, they’ll be immediately executed. Luckily for him, since we are currently in a hurry, a behavior like that can be somehow forgiven. However…

“Tsh!”

The Demon Lord, sitting on her throne, clicked her tongue while biting the nail on one of her thumbs.

Suddenly, the anxious Demon Lord shouted.

“Just what the hell is going on out there?!”

The flustered Demon Lord shouted as she stood off her throne and walked to the room’s window.

The view out there was so chaotic that it somehow turned into something amazing.

The normally green forest that used to extend around the Demon Lord’s castle until the base of the fartests mountains had stains of burnt black here and there and there were even some places where we were able to see columns of fire rising towards the sky.

I looked towards the bashful Dryad that had been quietly standing on a corner for over three hours at this point.

It was Kaashi, and it was totally obvious that she wanted to say something but hadn't been able to gather the courage to say it.

“What's now, Human?”

The Demon Lord uneasily asked as soon as she noticed my behavior.

“It might be just me but… Doesn't Kaashi actually look as if she wanted to say something?”

I could see Kaashi trembling on her spot by the corner of my eyes as soon as I finished those words.

“Is he right?”

The Demon Lord asked Kaashi directly. It seems that the idea of Kaashi containing her words was also bothering the Demon Lord.

“Well, you see… It seems that the Dragonsheeps might have ended their wintering…”

“…”

“...”

I couldn't fully understand Kaashi’s words, but it looked serious since everyone inside the room went silent.

Then, a totally serious Demon Lord said one word in monotone.

Just one word, because there was no need to talk further.

“Leave.”

“But, my Lady…!”

“I said leave!”

“O-Okay…”

Everyone but the Demon Lord and I, her loyal butler, left the room. Suddenly…

“Argh! How could I be so careless?!”

Beatrice shouted while holding her head with both of her hands. Surprisingly or not, even if she is the Demon Lord, she can be somehow cute when we are left alone.

You could say that she lets out her true nature.

However, even if we are on good terms with each other, I should still act as who I really are: Her loyal butler. That's why, I simply decided to ask her, in the most polite way I could, the reason for her behavior while giving her the cup of tea I have just served her.

“What's wrong, my Lady?”

She looked in my way while sipping the tea in her cup. Her eyes looked cool as if she were carefully pondering what to say next.

Then, she finally decided to talk.

“A lot of things have happened lately… That's way, even if Kaashi has previously warned me about the Dragonsheeps, I totally forgot about that matter…”

Her cold expressionless eyes that were looking right into mine, left somehow clear that she was actually blaming me for all of those things that had happened, and of course, for what was currently happening into the forest.

Well, even if I were to blame for all the stuff that's in the past, I wasn't the one that forgot about his Demon Lord’s labors. Sadly, I can't say something like that right into her face.

“Hey! That's pretty mean, you know? You are my butler!”

Luckily, she can actually know what I'm currently thinking about.

“Then, what are we going to do? I mean, we know the source of the problem, right?”

I asked, while pouring my own cup of tea, in order to keep the conversation going.

“It seems that it's time for another adventure. Sadly, I can't be with you this time around.”

“Is it going to be dangerous?”

“To be honest, I don't know… Now, go!”

“A-Alright!”

I rushed towards the room’s door in order to depart for my next adventure.

When I had arrived at the door, I looked with lonely eyes at the cup of tea I had left untouched over one of the multiple desks in the room.

“Take Fynx and Kirwha with you, you’ll need some help. Besides, Fynx should know a way to fix this awful problem.”

“I’ll be going then!”

I shouted as I left the room. Somehow, I could swear that I heard a low incomprensible whisper as I was closing the door behind me.

“Ta….. ca……”

2