Chapter 86: Summoners
384 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Horác saw Szelim sat down he turned to Belinda. „Call out that cat!”

„?! Here?”

„Yes! This place is protected by an array. No one can see what happen in this yard.” he nodded.

Belinda sighed and turned back to the fishpond. She touched the water and closed her eyes. The pictures jumped fast in her mind.

Szelim was confused, but when he watched Belinda his face became serious after some seconds.

„This time, you find a real gem.” he said in a deep voice. „I never thought that someone will break his record.”

„Yes. He was the youngest summoner. His first legendary beast was born, when he was 48 years old.” Horác watched the cat excitedly running around. „Our understanding is too little, that’s why the summoners need some hundred years to form the first perfect soul.”

Summoners needed to have a strong imagination, yet they couldn’t create more than 10 beasts in their whole life. Some said that it was the soul’s limit, but others thought that they couldn’t imagine new monsters and repeating the old ones couldn’t work a second time. Every summoner followed their own ideas and tried to find the right path.

„... but it was just 2 years. It became too strong!” Szelim sighed. „Even for a veteran, this speed is too fast! The fastest one needed 10 years! What did he find out?!”

„... She said that she named it.” Horác drank a cup of tea and sighed. „I saw it some days before and the soul just had half of its strength. And I think she awakened some related memories too.”

„That’s possible.” Szelim nodded. „... Wait! She?! She isn’t a boy?!”

„Her talents are unusual.” Horác smiled.

Feeling a new breath appearing, Sal came out of the house. He watched the cat with interest and walked closer to her. He slowly tried to touch Lucia, but she jumped back. She wasn’t familiar with him and they curiously watched each other.

Szelim saw this and sighed. „I own a good place, but I have a condition.”

„Okay!” Horác said carelessly.

„You don’t ask what it is?!” he was surprised.

„It’s something like ’I want to see too’, not?”

„Not me. It’s Sal. He always wanted to know how he was born.”

„Didn’t he has memories from the time he was just a soul fragment?”

„No. Only the first one can inherit them.”

When a first generation legendary demonic beast born they form a contract with their master. Because everyone’s soul had a limit about how many contracts they could endure, there were some summoners with just 1 or 2 beasts. Later the immortals found out it’s possible to cut the connection during the birth and gave the monsters to someone else. These beasts would lose their memories before they were born, but even if their masters command them they couldn’t attack the summoner. Deep inside their soul, they knew who gave them their life.

„Right, I forgot to introduce you to them!” Horác clapped. He called the kids closer and told them some information.

The man full name was Horcel Szelim. He was more than a thousand years old and at the moment he had the 8th place on the 10 great blacksmiths’ list. To improve his knowledge he only accepted those orders he thought they could help him. Sometimes he made an exception when a friend asked his help. He knew Horác from before and accepted his order for a twin sword. It was rare if someone used elemental crystal for weapons and even Szelim wasn’t sure if he could do it. He was excited to try it out. He was proud of those swords, but the hardest part was still behind. They still needed to find the souls. He asked around and Horác sent out a task to find the suitable beasts.

After a while, Horác stood up. „You have a lot of empty rooms on the second floor, let us use some of them.”

Szelim nodded, then realized what he said. „You want to live here?!”

„Yes. The city is crowded because of the auction. I heard that there will be some rare beasts.”

„Again? They just held the previous one.” he was surprised. „Sal, show them some rooms!”

Sal hugged Lucia in his hands and played with her. His laziness completely disappeared and his eyes shined. He showed them the rooms but didn’t intend to release the cat.

Belinda sighed. „Lucia know when she’ll disappear. That time let her come back to my room.”

Sal nodded and left.

Belinda closed the door and went to sleep. She was tired after running around in the city.

The next morning after breakfast they left. Sal followed them for a while, hoping he could get Lucia. They didn’t know when they would come back, so Belinda didn’t dare to let the cat be away from her. Sal reluctantly went back after he got the promise, he could play with her later.

Belinda watched him disappear and sighed. „You let them know it because of Sal?”

„Partly. Szelim had a childhood friend and sworn brother, who was a summoner. He was the most outstanding, but a lot of people envied his knowledge and he died in the end. There are rumors about his notes being in Szelim’s hands.”

„So you hope that he’ll let me see them?”

„No. I hope that he can find the answer he is looking for.”

„Answer?” Belinda was confused.

„Maybe one day you’ll understand.” Horác smiled. „Oh, here’s the flying bus! Let’s go!”

Today they went to the auction’s house to see the goods they would sell. In this city, they didn’t just release a list, but let the customers see the items in the last 2 weeks. This way it’s easier for them to choose what they really wanted to buy. But it didn’t stop them to reach sky-high prices, so it wasn’t a loss for the sellers.

During the journey, Belinda enjoyed the view, but she was a little confused.

„The immortals can fly, not? Why do they use the buses?” she asked Horác.

„It’s the same as in the academy. But these buses somehow part of the city, so they are exceptions.”

19