Chapter 87: Mermaid
370 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They landed next to the auction’s house. There were already a lot of people.

Belinda looked around confusedly. Some people went in, some walked around the building. She saw Bertold go in and she wanted to follow him, but Horác stopped her.

„He’s not a kid anymore, he can take care of himself. Is there anything you are interested in?”

„Beasts.” she already had good weapons and she didn’t think she needed anything else. She loved animals and already read all the related books, but seeing the real one was always better than some pictures.

Horác nodded and led the way. The beasts were in cages and placed around the building. Most of them were similar to ordinary animals, just bigger and their colors were unnatural.

Belinda watched a snake with wings, but when she saw the starting price she sighed.

  15 million for an adult 5th level beast? I can’t even imagine the final price...

„If you want something, tell me.” Horác said.

Belinda shook her head. „It cost too much and my level too low. I still don’t know how many contracts I can form...”

„Okay, then let’s wait a year. But maybe that time there won’t be a good beast.”

„Forget it!” she went to see the next monster.

After a while, Belinda saw an aquarium. Because of the crowd, she couldn’t see the beast in it, but it was related to water and she wanted to see it. She hardly reached it and finally saw the beast. It was a mermaid. Her world had mermaids too, similar to the ones in the tales, but this one was different. Its upper body was humanlike with hands, but it was still far from a real human. It had scales on its whole body and its hair was like a lot of fins.

Belinda was speechless. It was ugly! And it even went closer to her and watched her curiously.

The immortals around her were surprised, mermaids were timid. But when they saw Belinda’s hair they understood it.

„Disappear from my way!”

Belinda heard a childish voice and she was pushed from behind. She stopped after some steps and turned back.

A 5 or 6 years old girl looked at her angrily. „How do you dare to go close to my mermaid?!”

Belinda was speechless. She just watched it like everyone else. Why was she attacked?

The mermaid became angry and snarled.

„You!! You dare to instigate it against me!!!” the kid shouted, then cried. „Mom! He bullied me!”

„Baby, don’t cry!” a young lady suddenly appeared next to her and hugged her.

„Moom! He made my mermaid hate me!” she hugged her mother’s neck.

The mother stroked the kid’s back and looked at Belinda with sharp eyes. She didn’t care about her daughter bullying others, but she would teach a lesson to anyone who hurt her kid.

Belinda wanted to run away, but her body didn’t move. She was desperate and wanted to shout Horác’s name, but suddenly a package was placed in her arms.

„Here you are! Don’t run around!”

  Who the one who ran around?!

Belinda wanted to shout at him, but she was surprised, she could move again!

Horác looked at the woman. „Don’t pamper your kid too much or she’ll have a hard time in the academy!” he turned away. „Let’s go!”

Belinda ran after him and didn’t look back. She thought about a lot of things while they watched the other beasts. There was something she couldn’t understand and in the end, she asked Horác.

„How can such a little kid has a beast?”

„Not her. Even if they buy it, they’ll let one of their servants form a contract with it. Mermaids not that strong or useful. They need water or they can’t survive.”

„... What if it’s a stronger beast and the kid wants it after growing up?”

„They just kill the contractor.”

„Really?!”

Horác sighed. „During the year, I let you learn about the levels. The big families have a lot of servants, who failed to form their golden core. They can form a contract with a beast, become bait during fights, or even worse. So learn properly and don’t become this kind of cannon fodder!”

Belinda nodded nonstop. She didn’t intend to die for such stupid things.

Horác happily patted her head. He loved how obedient she was.

Belinda watched him and sighed. She didn’t dare to tell him, she wouldn’t intend to cultivate after forming her core. With it, she could already live a thousand years. Such a long time! She was sure, halfway she would die from boredom. She remembered the young and energetic Szelim and couldn’t understand how he endured it...

  Forging, huh? Maybe once I’ll find a purpose even ten thousand years would be short.

Belinda was deep in her thought and followed Horác. She only looked at the beasts for a second and walked away. She wasn’t interested in them anymore. She felt a little hungry and wanted to take out a fruit, but suddenly she felt that someone watched her.

This feeling was different than the ones before. It wasn’t malicious or curious. It was more like that person was happy to see her. As if it looked at a savior. She was confused and looked around, but didn’t find it. She walked in the direction where she felt it.

Horác noticed her behavior and followed her. He almost laughed out loud as he watched the package in her hands. Sometimes she changed the place where she held it but completely forgot to open it and see what was inside. On one hand, he wanted to know when she would realize it, on the other hand, he was curious to know what made her so focused to forgot about he gave something to her.

Belinda didn’t know about Horác’s thought. She went closer to the cages and watched everyone, but couldn’t find that person. She bit her lips and was nervous. Did her insight play with her?

She heard whining and looked into one of the cages. She finally found it!

18