Chapter 88: Ice beast
440 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the cage, there was a little cub. Its fur was bluish white.

  Is it a dog resembles a bear or the opposite?

Belinda watched it with interest. It had a dog’s head and tail, but the whole body was the same as a bear’s.

„What kind of beast is it?”

„Wolfar.”

With a dark face, Belinda pointed at the beast. „Which part of it seems like a wolf?!”

Horác was speechless. The cub crazily wagged its tail and watched them. Its attitude was the same when a dog saw its owner.  „... It’s just a cub.”

Belinda scratched her head. „I can understand the mermaid, but this one is an ice type beast, isn’t it? What’s with it?”

Horác didn’t know how to answer. First, he thought that because it was just a cub and it didn’t understand the situation, but he heard the people around them whispering. He learned that this wolfar hid in the corner the whole time and didn’t even eat. It had thick fur, so he couldn’t see if it lost a lot of weight. He watched its shining eyes and felt more and more passerby looked at them.

„Let’s go.” he turned away and left.

Belinda was a little confused but followed him. She heard the cub cry louder and desperately. She felt sad, but she couldn’t do anything. Its licit started at 100 million. She couldn’t imagine how precious the cub was.

They went to see the other beasts, but Belinda wasn’t interested anymore.

„Horác. Do you think... That cub will get a nice master?”

„I don’t think. There are lesser ice monsters nowadays. Do you read about the Ice Island?”

„Um.” she nodded.

Ice Island was far away on the west side of their continent. Legends say that it was vast and extremely beautiful. Thousands of ice beasts lived there and the immortals didn’t dared to go deep into the island. It was the Ice king territory and he killed anyone who dared to hurt his followers.

Nowadays the island just a quarter of its previous size. One beast after another disappeared and the immortals easily could travel through the whole island. Even if they could find some traces the monsters hid too deep and they could only find the low-level ones. Even the Ice king became a character in some tales and almost everyone forgot that he was once the owner of the island.

„The last time someone saw a wolfar was 500 years before. You can imagine how crazy the auction will be.” Horác sighed. He didn’t tell her the wolfar’s blood was the best raw material to forge armors. It was almost the coldest thing that existed and it could make anything extremely hard even if it was just poured on it.

They didn’t speak more and continued their stroll. When they reached one of the last cages, they saw a lot of people stood around it. When they went closer, they realized, there was a fight.

Some immortals wanted to pull out the beast from the cage and see its state. The seller was around and stopped them, but they already broke the seals on the cage.

A long time before some immortals poisoned the beasts and threatened the owners. They asked for a lot of money or the beast. It caused a lot of problems because those monsters were valuable and big families wanted to buy them too. After that incident, the cages were strongly protected and it was forbidden even just to ask the seller to open it.

Belinda tried to go closer. She wanted to know what kind of rare beast could cause such a commotion. Her power wasn’t enough to open a way for herself and she was almost squeezed.

Horác suddenly lifted her up and she hugged his neck. She saw the men who fought, but she couldn’t see the beast in the cage. She tried to find an angle where she could see it. After a while, her body froze.

„It’s a girl?!”

„It’s a soil type legendary beast.” Horác corrected her.

„Oh.” Belinda was surprised. When she saw Sal it was easy to see he wasn’t a human, but the girl in front of her didn’t have any animalistic characteristics. She sat in the corner and hugged her legs, but Belinda could see her brown eyes and hair. Only her nails seemed to be a little different...

„Hang onto me!” Horác suddenly said.

Before Belinda could reach he jumped out from the crowd and evaded some passerby.

Some men in uniform appeared and send away the peoples. The 2 immortals who attacked the seller tried to run away, but they were captured in no time.

Horác stopped in front of the auction house’s entrance. Belinda still looked back at the crowd. She saw the rouges were tied and they were taken away. She clenched her fists and tried to see what happened with the girl, but a familiar voice interrupted her.

„Nice view.”

Belinda and Horác were surprised and turned their heads. They saw Bertold standing some meters away from them.

Belinda suddenly reached and patted Horác’s shoulder. „Put me down!”

Horác followed her request, then looked at Bertold. „Are there any interesting things in the building? Here is too lively.”

Bertold looked behind them and saw the men in uniform. He knew that they were the security forces of the city. He wasn’t interested in the fight, so he just nodded and led them inside.

Belinda followed them and watched the weapons, jewels, and other things. She listened to Horác who told her about the auction’s rules and the men in uniform. After knowing it she couldn’t understand the 2 men’s behavior.

„They are stupid?! Why did they attack if they knew the rules?”

„Because they wanted to see the quality of the beast girl.” Horác stopped in front of a sword. His eyes lit up and he whistled.

Bertold looked at him with narrowed eyes and he laughed awkwardly.

„A what?!” Belinda was completely confused. Her perfect human appearance showed that she was a legendary beast. What else they wanted to see?!

Horác sighed. „They wanted to know if she gave birth before or not.”

16