Chapter 92: Boredom
365 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Belinda didn’t have any plans for the day. She went back to her room and refined fruit candies until the next morning. She felt bored. She already read all the books in her space. She read the last book she borrowed when Horác visited her. She wanted to know the ending of that book, but it was left in her room. Horác put it on the table and she forgot about it.

Belinda looked out of the window and saw it was already dawn. She went down but didn’t see anyone. She took out her swords and went out to practice.

When Szelim came out, he saw her walking on the pond’s surface and repeating some sword’s skills. He didn’t remember how many kinds of weapons he made until now, but this twin swords idea really surprised him. Because the main raw material was ice crystal it was stronger than those low level weapons with soul. He wanted to see its full strength after merging it with a soul, but ice beasts were already scarce. He was afraid, they could only find low level twin monsters. That way the swords would lose their advantage.

He saw Bertold stood next to the table and walked over. „I heard the swords’ draft was drawn by you. Horác was extremely proud when he showed it to me.” he sat down and looked up and down at him. „You have the talent to create new types of weapons, but you don’t seem to be interested in it.”

„Not really.” Bertold sat down at the other side of the table. „I let her try out a lot of kinds of weapons and I slowly analyzed what would be the most suitable for her style. I tried to make her become used to the tonfa, but unknowingly she always changed the way she held it.”

„Uh.” Szelim’s eyes lit up. „So did you became irritated because she couldn’t use any weapons properly and draw a new one for her?”

Bertold looked at him but didn’t answer. If it wasn’t the academy’s rule, he would never teach a student. He knew most of the mentors didn’t take seriously their job. They asked one of their friends to let their students train together. Most of them didn’t even let them try out different weapons to find a suitable one. Sword was the most commonly used and had a lot of skills. It was the best choice for everyone.

Bertold’s mentor wasn’t different. He gave him a sword with some skills books and paired him up with Zotmund. If that man didn’t appear once every 3 months he would completely forget that he had a mentor. But he completely gave up on him, when Horác accepted him as his helper.

Zotmund’s mentor, Nani was the girlfriend of his mentor, so he heard about him a lot. They continued to train together and the woman visited them once a week. Bertold really hated those days. Nani always complained about his boyfriend and Zotmund worked hard to become a perfect playboy. He did a good job to help them break up, but that’s a different story...

Even if it was a job he hated, Bertold didn’t wanted to be an unreliable mentor. He read some books and prepared a teaching plan for his student. He never thought that on the first day they met everything would turn upside down...

When Szelim gave up to get an answer Bertold finally spoke. „No... New weapon means new skills... It was a pleasure for me to learn a lot of new things.”

„So it was a trial to you.” Szelim laughed. „But I see you did a good job!”

„Of course!” Bertold smiled. „I can’t ruin her future.”

Belinda trained until Sal ran out and asked her to summon Lucia. She gave him the cat and went to greet the others.

She sat down next to them. „Are there any attractions in the city?”

After a day of boredom, Belinda wanted to go out. She wasn’t interested in shopping and Horác didn’t mentioned any plan too. She didn’t know when she would have the chance to come back here in the future, so she hoped to see the sights of the city.

„Uh, it depends on what you want to see.” Szelim scratched his chin. „The most favored place is the city center. As you already saw, it only has shops, hotels, and restaurants. The suburb is divided into different districts. On the east side of the Smith district are the Tailor district, then the Embroidery district. On the west side are the Jewelsmith, then the Sculpture district. These are the closest ones... But even if you go there, you can’t see too many things.”

Belinda sighed. She realized she asked the wrong person. She looked at Bertold.

„... I only come here 3 times and never left the city center.” he said embarrassedly.

Belinda was sad. She didn’t know how long Horác intent to stay here, but she didn’t want to train and refine candies during her vacation. Even if she just wanted to go out for a walk, she needed someone to accompany her.

„If you want to go out and play, I can show you some good places.” Sal suddenly appeared next to them.

„Really?!” Belinda was surprised. She was happy but knowing Sal’s personality, she was afraid he would lose her. The city was too big, she didn’t want to be left behind in an unknown place.

„I wanted to go out with Lucia and show those places to her, but I was afraid you don’t let us go. Now if we go together it’ll be okay.” he laughed happily.

Belinda still felt that it wasn’t a good idea and looked at Bertold.

„I go with you.” he promised.

Belinda calmed down a little and ate her breakfast. She tried to ask Sal about where they would go, but he just smiled mysteriously.

Szelim watched them and sighed. He didn’t think it was a good idea, but he didn’t want to look after the kids so he just let them leave together and let it gave them a good lesson.

21