Chapter 93: Foxes
387 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They left Szelim’s house, but Belinda felt uneasy. She was sure, it wasn’t a good idea to follow the easygoing Sal. After 10 minutes, her hunch became true. She stood in the middle of the road and blankly looked in front of her.

  That bastard lost us!! Follow me, my ass! I knew I can’t believe in him!

She was so angry, her hands trembled. She swore she wouldn’t summon Lucia in the next 3 days. She wouldn’t let him have a good time either!

Bertold sighed, then went to Belinda and hugged her.

Belinda was surprised and grabbed his shoulder. Before she could ask anything, she felt that Bertold jumped up, and they moved fast. It was just some seconds, but she felt dizzy. Bertold put her down, but she still grabbed his clothes and supported her head.

„Ah!”

Belinda heard a familiar voice and looked up. She saw Sal threw away some kind of food from his hand and behaved as if he just found them. „So you guys were here!”

„Here my ass!” she ran to him and took back Lucia. „What the hell do you think you are doing?! You can’t give any kind of food to her!” she was furious.

„It’s... It’s not that!” he tried to save himself. „I... I just let her smell it! I know she can’t eat it! I swear!”

„The devil will believe in you! Mister ’I show the way’!” she said sarcastically. „Be ready to spend the next 5 days alone!”

„No! You can’t be so mean with Lucia!” Sal was desperate.

Belinda didn’t care about him. She watched the vendor and became angrier. They sold meat snacks!

The demonic beasts needed to follow almost the same diet as the cultivators. They couldn’t eat any meat until they reach the 2nd level. After that, they could only eat beasts with the same root as them. It could help their strength grew faster, but those monsters couldn’t reach the 6th level. The meat of a beast with a core was too strong, it could kill the low level beasts. Once they reach the 4th level, they could freely eat anything, but to take care of their health, it was better if their masters didn’t let them eat monsters that were 4 levels higher than their level.

Belinda wanted to go back, but Sal repeatedly promised her he didn’t do it again. In the end, she still followed him because she didn’t want to spend all her days with refining and training.

After half an hour, they reached the first place Sal wanted to show them. It was a park with a playground in the middle of it. There were a lot of children happily running around and playing. One of them saw them and his face turned white from fright. His friends didn’t understand what happened to him and followed his line of sight. All of them had the same reaction as him, some of them even screamed. Slowly all the kids stopped to play and watched them with fear in their eyes.

„Ah, I see a friend over there! Let me introduce him to you!” Sal happily ran in and the children ran away from his way.

Belinda was speechless. This picture made her remember about an old movie where a dog ran into the yard and the frightened chickens flew away in every direction. She saw how nicely Sal treated Lucia and she couldn’t imagine what he did to make the children so afraid of him.

„Here he is!” Sal happily lifted up his hand. He held a red fluffy tail.

Belinda looked down and saw a 3 years old child. He was frightened. His tears almost fell, but he held his mouth with his 2 hands and tried hard to stay silent.

„Can you put him down?” she felt helpless.

Sal shrugged his shoulder and put him down.

To make their height difference shorter, Belinda sat down next to him. She watched the kid with interest.

The child looked at her with frightened eyes, but he was a little calmer. He saw Lucia in her arms and the tears slowly disappeared from his eyes. He hesitated to stretch out his hand.

„He is really a beast.” Belinda wondered when she saw a pair of pointed ears on top of the kid’s head. She couldn’t see it before because they were hidden in his curly red hair.

 The child’s ears suddenly moved, then he jumped up and ran away. „Moom!”

Belinda looked at the mother and she was speechless. If she met her in her original world she would think that she was just 16 years old. She would never believe she had a 3 years old child!

„This kid isn’t as cute as his brother!” Sal sighed. „Sadly he went to the academy decades before.”

„... Are they have the same mother?” Belinda weakly asked.

„Of course! They are brothers!” Sal didn’t understand her problem with it.

  The immortal’s appearance is so deceptive!

Belinda looked up at the sky and didn’t say anything else. It’s her second year here and she read a lot of books, but still, there were a lot of things she couldn’t become used to.

Lucia jumped out of her arms and went to play with Sal. She was curious and happily tried out everything.

Belinda sat there and watched them. After a while, she remembered Bertold was there and asked him. „That kid was a half-blood too?”

Bertold nodded and sat down next to her.

„Didn’t you say that it’s rare if a kid can awaken his beast blood?”

„There are always exceptions.” he looked at the way where the mother and child disappeared. „The foxes always choose a human partner and their children without fail will born as awakened beasts. They can’t change their appearance, but they have ears and tails. They learn to hide them before they turn 10.”

„Foxes?” she remembered the girl she just saw. „Are they the same as the ones in the stories? They can use some kind of charm and cultivate with sex?”

Bertold nodded. „They can do that, but that’s their secret. You can’t find too much information about them.”

19