Chapter 96: Wolfar
321 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Belinda grabbed the wolfar and patted its head. „Bad!”

Szelim’s hands shook. He looked at the cub with burning eyes. He touched that beautiful fur before and it felt really good. But now he watched Horác breaking the ice on his hand and he didn’t dare to touch it.

Horác moved his fingers. The ice was cold, but it couldn’t damage even his skin. He grabbed a bigger piece of ice and watched it. „Not bad! It’s already a 2nd level beast, while it’s just 3 months old.”

„I see. So what’s to do?” Belinda didn’t care about it.

Horác reached out his hand and waited. Belinda didn’t understand what he wanted from her. The wolfar watched his palm and thought. Suddenly, his eyes shined and placed his paw in it. He happily barked.

Belinda’s face darkened. She was sure it was more like a dog than a wolf.

Horác’s face was dark too. He gently hit its paw. „The package! I gave you it when we visited the auction house! Don’t tell me you forget it?!”

Belinda tilted her head and tried to remember. There was something like that, but she didn’t know what happened with it. Maybe she lost it in the crowd, but seeing Horác’s face she didn’t dare to say that. She desperately looked through her space.

After some minutes, she found it. „Here it is!” she happily sighed.

Horác took it away and opened it. There was some kind of stone in it.

„Oh, that!” Szelim was surprised. „It’s a special stone to measure how many contracts you can form! But... I heard that it isn’t really reliable.”

Horác nodded. „Yes, but at least we can judge about Belinda soul’s capacity. That cat wasn’t born yet, but it’s already in a half contract state. It’s a legendary beast while the wolfar just a middle level one.” he placed the stone on the table. „Put your hand on it and send some energy into it.”

Belinda nodded and followed the instruction. In the middle of the stone, there was a transparent place. The energy was collected there and circulated slowly. Everyone watched it with interest. After a while, the energy disappeared and only 2 lines left. A faint blue, and a red.

„What’s this means? Why there 2 lines?” Szelim was confused, but no one could answer.

Horác lifted up the stone and shook it. „It’s broken? Or... Don’t tell me, someone sold me a fake?!”

„It’s possible.” Szelim took away the stone before Horác broke it. He sent his energy into it and after a while, more than half turned into green. „... But its working right to me.”

All of them fell deep into their thought, but couldn’t come up with an idea.

Belinda was helpless. „So what to do?”

Horác sighed. „Just put it into your space until you form your contract with Lucia.”

„Are you kidding with me?!” she couldn’t accept it. „Didn’t you see how many candies it eat? And I just didn’t pay attention for some minutes! If I let it live in my space, where I put all of my things, not just the candies, even the fruits will disappear! Not to mention, the ice beasts are extremely rare. If I walk around with it in the academy, it’ll only cause trouble for me!”

Horác knew she was right. „Then what do you want to do? You saw how sickly it was before. We can’t send it to anyone.”

„Then why not we leave it here?”

„Here?!” Szelim was bewildered.

„Don’t you like fluffy things? And I’m sure, you won’t hurt it.” Belinda nodded. The more she thought about it, the more she felt it was the best choice.

„Really?” Szelim’s eyes shined. He felt his palm itched. He really wanted to hug it and stroke its fur!

The wolfar shivered. It didn’t know why, but it felt that it would be bald in no time...

Horác wasn’t persuaded yet. „Are you sure?”

„Yes.” Belinda nodded. „We’ll go back after 2 days. I’m sure Sal will be lonely. This way he’ll have a playmate.”

After hearing it, Sal went to her and took away the wolfar. He watched it properly. „... Leave it to me! I’ll teach him everything he needs to know!”

„... So it’s a boy.” Belinda murmured. „Okay! I count on you!”

Szelim felt a little heartbroken. Why his fur was hugged by Sal?! He wanted to hug it too!

The wolfar lay calmly in Sal’s hands. His instinct told him, it was the safest place.

Belinda watched the 3 of them and almost laughed out loud. Sal happily played with the wolfar’s fur, while Szelim looked at him with envy. She imagined Szelim was biting a handkerchief and looking at them with tearful eyes, like a concubine.

She turned away and sighed. It was good, they would leave after some days or she couldn’t handle this scene.

Lucia was summoned and the 3 beasts went out to play. They didn’t have too much time to spend together, so they didn’t want to miss any chance.

The others sat down around the table and drank tea. It was prepared by Bertold.

Belinda sighed comfortably. Being able to get rid of more than 100 million debt made her body so light. She hoped Horác wouldn’t give her another big surprise in the near future.

The next 2 days passed without big problems. Sal and the wolfar became good friends and played all day long. Szelim absentmindedly watched them and even forgot to do his work. He wanted to touch that soft fur desperately, but he was evaded every time.

Horác grinned evilly while watched them. He really enjoyed Szelim’s bad luck. He even told old stories about him to the wolfar and he was more afraid of him. In the end, the 2 men had a fight, but it ended quickly. Because of Horác’s poisonous blood, Szelim didn’t dare to use strong attack and lost miserably.

Belinda refined candies all the time. The morning they left she was the happiest. On the way, they sold the candies and went to the transportation array.

16