Chapter 98: Practicing
307 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the last week of the holiday, Belinda went to register for her classes. It wasn’t a big deal, she just needed to visit the related buildings and show her card. After 2 minutes, she got the time of her classes.

She went to the practicing field to rent her training place. The previous full lake was changed into a half lake, half land. Her water control was pretty good, but she didn’t understand why, when she summoned water her energy ran out after 3 spells. She hoped it would be easier when she reached the 4th level.

Water was H2O, so she knew it was possible to create it from the air. But maybe her understanding was too profound and it caused her to use too much energy. Summoning wind was easy because the air was around you. The soil was the same, you stood on it all the time. But she couldn’t imagine what the others thought while summoning water and fire. And she didn’t even want to think about the other special roots.

Once she asked Horác, but he just laughed and told her ’why summon? I just need to cut my finger and I can have as many poisons as I want’.

Remembering about this, Belinda sighed. Next time she needed to ask Bertold. She just hoped, she wouldn’t forget it again.

She visited Horác and told him when her classes would be. She left a note for Bertold to let him know, she rented a training field. He could find her there.

The 3rd year started without any problem. There wasn’t any event where the students needed to show up. They only used to welcome the 1st year’s students. Some teachers were responsible to check every students’ registration. They needed to register for at least one class and they could only skip it if they got permission.

Belinda didn’t have class on the first day, so she went to the practicing field. She summoned Lucia and let her play around. She sat on the ground and took out her notebooks. She read some magic related novels during the holiday and it gave her some new ideas. Even if her water summons wasn’t good, she could use the lake to try them out.

She stood in the middle of the lake and took out her twin swords. She closed her eyes and imagined the effect of the spell she wanted to create. She breathed evenly and closed her eyes. Creating spells needed strong conception. She needed to give it a name and imagine the spell again and again. She needed to connect the two. This way the name became a spell and the next time she said it with energy mixed in her voice, it would activate the effect.

It was possible to use them if they just thought about the name, but it needed more time to practice. If she said out loud the name of the spells her opponent could prepare for her attack. It was a big disadvantage, but she felt that creating more spells were more important. What was the benefit in 2-3 spells without words, when she could use that time to create another 3 spells? First, she needed more ways to attack, and later she could make up for the practice...

When Belinda opened her eyes Lucia already disappeared. She slowly lifted one of her swords and swung it. „Blue rain!” she shouted.

From the sword’s blade, almost a hundred little needle-like water drops were fired out. They flew through the field and with a loud crash broke on the wall.

Belinda wiped the sweat from her forehead. She walked back to her notes and sat down. The spell effect was better than she thought, but it was hard to control a hundred water needles.

„Not bad!”

Belinda’s body stiffened. She didn’t notice when Bertold came.

„Even water can cause damage if you change its shape...” he murmured. „But why don’t you try to turn it into ice? Its power will be stronger.”

„Are you kidding? I’m so tired after using water, and I didn’t even summon it...” Belinda sighed and lay down. Sometimes she thought, maybe her understanding was too different. Same as with Lucia. Instead of a puppet, she created a servant...

„Ah, it’s good you come! I wanted to ask something.” she suddenly sat up. „How do you create fire when nothing burning around you?”

Bertold’s movement froze for a second, then he took out a metal ball. It wasn’t big, he could hold it in one hand. It was attached to his belt with a thin chain.

Belinda touched it, but it burned her hand, so she gave up. „What’s this?”

„It’s an element container.” he opened it and showed the inside.

Belinda’s eyes almost fell out. The inside had a bigger space and it was full of flames!

  What summoning?! They just pull out the element from this ball!

„Where can I buy one?!”

„In the market, I saw some smaller ones, but you can only use it during your exams!”

„Why?! With this it will be much easier!”

Bertold looked into her eyes. „Most of the cultivators need this because they can’t find their element easily. But you! With your knowledge, you can overcome this problem! Don’t give up and choose the easier way!”

Belinda was speechless. She didn’t intend to give up, but it was too hard. At least she intended to use a similar ball until she formed her core. That time the energy in her body would be 3 times bigger than before. After seeing how her energy grew after every breakthrough, she calculated that she could use 8-9 spells when she would reach the 5th level. If her core could really boost her so much, then using 25-28 spells would be possible. But during a real life and death fight, it still would be nothing...

She remembered how hard was to summon Lucia in the beginning. Yet now she came out after some seconds... Maybe she just needed to practice more and she could use more spells...

19