Chapter 99: Mentality
294 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

During the afternoon, Bertold taught 2 new sword’s skills to Belinda. He watched her practice and corrected her sometimes. They were one handed sword’s skills, so she could use them with any of her weapons.

Watching the old sword in her hand Belinda sighed. „When can I use my twin swords?”

„... After you form your core.”

Belinda was dejected and changed the topic. „Right! Gregori asked if he can come here and train with me sometimes. We’ll need to prepare for the monthly exam.”

Bertold narrowed his eyes. „Once a week.”

„Pff.” Belinda almost laughed out loud. Sometimes she could see similarities between Bertold and Zotmund. It wasn’t that hard to notice they grew up together.

After a while, Belinda packed her things and went back. She felt that her breakthrough was almost here after today’s training. She needed to calm down the energy in her body and maybe before the exam, she could reach the 4th level. She didn’t care about her slow progress, but she hoped to be on the same level as Gregori. She wanted to see who was better.

In their old team, the others were on the 4th level before the summer break. Gregori reached it some months before too, but he was the only one who didn’t look down on her. Her cultivation was the lowest. That’s why she was always left behind when they did some tasks together. They could go out and hunt beasts or collect herbs in the forest around the academy.

Belinda didn’t mind it. She knew that her mind wasn’t suitable to hunt beasts. She wasn’t able to accept the fact she needed to kill. She grew up in a peaceful world. Even the meat she bought was synthetic. The future world was able to develop rapidly, but it caused almost every living being’s extinction.

She knew she needed to change. She spent nights meditating and tried to change her way of thinking. If she could accept the beasts were the same as the livestock in the past, then slowly she would be able to kill them. It was the first step she needed to take. Once she succeeded, she could think about how to accept killing humans...

She hoped that day would never come, but this world was dangerous. She couldn’t live hoping it would never happen...

And she had another problem too, but Bertold was too strong. When they trained together she couldn’t even touch him, not to mention hurting him. This was why she looked forward to training with Gregori. Once she hurt him, her conscience wouldn’t let her accept it. Yet she would need to attack him again and again without holding back. This would be her hardest training up until now.

The next morning Belinda took a deep breath and went to find Gregori. To her surprise, she didn’t need to search for him. He was waiting for her in front of the cafeteria. When he saw Belinda his eyes lit up and ran to her. She realized it wasn’t just her who waited for this chance.

Gregori wasn’t sad when he heard he could go once a week. He was glad he wasn’t rejected. They spoke about it and chose to meet 2 days later.

Belinda had a class today. She went to the Seal research building. Not far from the entrance, she saw a group standing in a circle. She didn’t pay attention to them. She walked into the building, but then she saw something red from the corner of her eyes. She turned back and realized, Aurél stood in the middle of that circle. Her red hair was as beautiful as always. Belinda watched it absentmindedly and remembered about the fox mother and child she saw in the city. Their red hair had the same color!

Belinda sighed and turned back. Even if it was true, it had nothing to do with her.

She found her classroom easily and went in. She looked around to find a good seat. She felt that someone stood behind her and stepped aside. She turned back to say sorry, but she met with Aurél’s eyes. They were full of hatred. Belinda didn’t say anything just watched her confusedly. She didn’t know when she made her hate her. They never spoke, only met during classes.

Belinda sighed and went to sit down. She knew there were always some people who just hated others because they found something on them they couldn’t accept. But she didn’t understand what she envied... Her talent wasn’t outstanding and she didn’t have high cultivation... Then she remembered about Horác...

  Impossible! Even the teachers are so afraid of him, how can a student envy my relationship with him?!

The teacher came in and Belinda threw away her thought about this mystery.

The class was 2 hours long, but Belinda felt that she sat there for a whole day. Writing talisman wasn’t hard, but she needed to learn to create the paper. It needed some herbs and beasts’ hair...

Before she saw Bertold write some. He mixed his internal energy into the ink and wrote with it. That time she thought it wasn’t that hard, she just needed to learn how to write those words. But now she realized, she still thought too easily about these things...

The herbs were the same every time, but the beast’s hair was different. If she wanted to create a talisman with fire effect she needed to find a fire type beast...

Belinda went to the library and borrowed some books. Before she made some paper she needed to know what kind of talismans she could create from them.

And the seals were the same. They needed to make the ink using some special raw materials. It was possible to use beasts’ hair, but for the stronger effect, it was better if they could get some drop of blood.

Belinda went to the market and bought some papers to study them. They got the herbs and hairs from the teachers with the necessary tools. She didn’t need to buy anything else and went back to her room.

14