Chapter 28: Back to the hospital
671 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This time, Belinda chose broccoli soup. Its color was red. She really didn’t understand what logic these color changes follow.

She asked for an apple, but she got a pear-shaped, blue-colored fruit.

She really wished to get a book and learn about these fruits.

She thought a lot and slowly ate her dinner.

Bertold drank tea and patiently waited for her.

After a quarter of an hour, they went back to the hospital.

Bertold spoke with the nurse at the reception desk and they went in.

There were still 3 students with their mentors. They seemed to wait for something.

One of the doors opened and a mentor come out and supported his student. He helped him sit on a chair, but he almost fell down. He was hardly able to open his eyes.

Belinda realized, these children here needed treatment too.

After a while, another door was opened and they were called in.

Belinda slowly walked behind Bertold. She was afraid. They told her, she would be sleepy after the injection, but she never thought the medicine would be so strong.

She thought that Bertold only needed to walk with her to make sure she wouldn’t fall, but being that comatose, she wouldn’t even be able to walk!

  Don’t tell me, he needs to bring me back in his arms?!

The nurse closed the door behind them and disappeared.

They saw doctor Egon angrily rummaged through his things on the table.

„… Excuse me, are we coming at the wrong time?” Belinda murmured.

Egon looked at her. He saw her fear. He sighed and took her medical record out.

„No, you guys come in time.” he read the information and went to the shelves to select the needed medicine’s raw materials for the injection. „Sit down, you need to wait a little more.”

Belinda sat down, but she didn’t sit still.

Egon paid attention to her and chose to speak to her. He wanted to make her become calmer.

„There are 10 doctors, including me.”

„Wha…” Belinda was confused.

„Every year, we make a bet. The doctor, who diagnose the most from the sick students, needs to pay for a dinner in the Vihuda restaurant…” he found the last material and started to mix them.

„Vihuda? Are there restaurants?” she looked at Bertold. It wasn’t mentioned during the day.

„Not here. It’s in Cavatory city. There are the most delicious foods, and of course, it’s the most expensive place.” just remembering, Egon was angry and turned back.

„Are you know, how many sick students here this year?”

Belinda shook her head.

„It’s 38!!” he hit the table with his fist. „And you know, how many I diagnosed from them?! It’s 12!” he grabbed his hair. „In the 150 years, I’m worked here, this is the first time someone diagnosed more than 8 sick students! Before the highest record was 10! The others laughed at me! They told that, because I broke the record, I need to pay for 3 dinners!” he wanted to cry. All his savings would be used up. He knew how much they could eat.

„… So now you have 12 patients?”

Egon looked at Belinda as if watching a monster. Why the hell she doesn’t understand his pain?!

„… No, it’s equally divided.” he sighed and walked back to the medicines.

„… Will I get another doctor?”

„No. Your case is special. The fever people know, the better.” he looked back at her. „As I told you before, the awakening gives you power. It’s not just strengthening your body, but the hidden dangers in it too. That’s why we can find it easier if there’s any illness. Even if it’s cured, most of these illnesses will cause problems during the training. These children will be slower than the others, and their cultivation can’t reach a too high level.” he held a test-tube in his hand and stirred the medicine in it. „Your case is different because your heart didn’t have any problems. It seems, during your awakening, something stimulated you, and caused a heart attack. After the treatment, it won’t cause any problem for you.”

„Really? But… why is it better if fever people know about it?”

„Because of your mentor.”

Belinda was confused and looked at him, waiting for an explanation.

„During his academies’ years, he was the best student. He broke some old records and won all the competitions. There weren’t any students who could defeat him. He even won against some teachers. So there are a lot of peoples, who have hatred against him. Now tell me, if there is someone who invincible and unstoppable, a person who makes you hate him to the bone, won’t it make you happy if you find out he failed once? Getting the students depends on luck, but those who got healthy kids they will feel that, at least they won once! Even if it’s once, it can make the humans heart at ease. Don’t misunderstand. I’m a doctor, I need to care for the students’ mental problems!”

He walked to Belinda and looked at her eyes. „But it will have a strong side effect on you. You need to slow down your training, so they can’t find out you are healthy.”

„That’s okay. Originally, I intended to play low-key and I never intended to become a strong warrior or anything. I just want to find an easy job after graduation.” Belinda smiled.

Egon calmed down. This way would be better. „But it’s such a waste for your yin body…”

„What?!” Belinda was angry. „Isn’t it just for sex? Who cares about that?! I’m not Zotmund!”

„? You know him?”

„Sorrowfully…”

„Sorry, I didn’t mean that.” Egon explained himself. „It’s true, sex can make the double cultivation’s effect stronger, but originally it has nothing to do with it. Not to mention the yin and yang bodies. There are herbs with the same attributes. If you absorb them you can jump levels faster than anyone. Not to mention the icebergs. But you can ask Bertold about it. He has a yang body, and mostly cultivate in a volcano.”

Belinda looked at Bertold and he nodded.

  Wait! Yin and yang? I don’t want to be paired with him!!!

18