Chapter 53: Gender
531 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Belinda saw that Horác became absentminded and chose to leave him alone.

She went to the bathroom to wash her face. The cold water made her calm down.

She watched herself in the mirror. She came here more than a month ago and her appearance dramatically changed. The timid and thin girl completely disappeared. She got on some weight and her face became rounder. Her pale skin, because of the outside training, darkened a little. It made her livelier. But those brown eyes, she couldn’t accept. Before she had beautiful green eyes, she loved it so much and losing it made her depressed.

Belinda sighed and went back to the laboratory.

Horác stood in the middle of the room and waited for her.

„Let’s go to have breakfast! On the way I want to show you something.” he invited her.

Horác was too used to be alone and did things on the way he wanted. He never cared about others. He was able to stay this way with Bertold because he was a friend of his mother. Even if he did things without explaining it, it couldn’t break their friendship. But Belinda was different. They didn’t know anything about each other, so he needed to do some work to build the way. This was why he chose to tell her one of the academy’s secrets.

Belinda followed him out. They needed to go to class and there wasn’t too much time left. They walked without saying a word.

 „Oh, little Beel! Long time no see~!”

Belinda felt the goosebumps ran up on her back. She wished that she didn’t heard that voice, but the man ran to them. It was Egon.

„Hey, hey! Only looking, not touching! Or pay this much!” Horác jumped between them and showed up 4 finders.

„Are you crazy?!” Egon was frightened. „She’s just a student, how dare you…”

„She’s MY helper!” he said proudly.

„What?!” Egon was surprised. „When? Wait! She is…? If I know she had such a value…” his voice lowered and he muttered to himself.

„Stop dreaming!” Horác looked at him meaningfully. „Don’t forget the rule.”

Egon sighed. He lifted up his hands to show he surrendered. „Okay, I give up!”

Belinda didn’t really understand what they were speaking about, but she was glad, it seemed Egon would stop harassing her.

„Bye, little Beel!” he waved.  „I won’t tell anyone your secret so visit me when you become older. I teach you a lot of interesting things!”

„Never!” Belinda was furious. She was sure, those things were all rated 18+. She walked away without turning back.

Horác walked next to her and happily smiled.

„Don’t you want to ask anything?”

Belinda stopped and looked up at him. Was it really that easy to read her? She didn’t know.

„What kind of secret is he speaking about?” she didn’t remember telling him anything.

„Your gender.”

„What?!” Belinda was shocked, then realized. „Now you mention it, why everyone believes that I’m a boy?!”

„Because of your aura.” Horác fell into his thought. „When we first met you were timid and wore boy’s clothes, but I knew that you were a girl… The awakening can change someone’s personality, but it’s the first time I see someone’s aura changed too…” he looked at her with narrowed eyes.

Belinda felt the cold sweat ran down on her back.

  They can feel the soul was changed?! But that’s not right! I was a girl over there too! Then why?... Are humans so different in the 2 worlds?

They stood there and none of them spoke. Belinda felt that the time stopped. In the end, Horác shook his head.

„Maybe you learned a special spell from your memories, but even you didn’t realize it…”

They left it with that.

They chose to go to the cafeteria first. When they entered, Belinda saw the students’ shocked expressions. She completely forgot about Horác had a bad reputation.

While she went to get her breakfast, she felt a lot of eyes on her. It was different than during the training. Now they really looked at her. She started to sweat, she really hated this feeling.

Horác was a mysterious frightening man, of course, everyone was interested in the student who could stand next to him. Sometimes she was under pressure while walking with Bertold, but that wasn’t as strong as this time. She realized how stupid was from her to come here with the legendary poison teacher.

Horác realized the atmosphere wasn’t good, so he invited Belinda to the second floor.

She went with him happily. Right now she felt that she would do anything if it helped her to escape this situation.

They went up and she saw a long corridor. It was too long…

„They used space arrays to make it bigger. It’s true for all the buildings in the academy.” Horác said casually.

Belinda nodded. She realized it when she walked in the dormitory. Those buildings were almost 3 times bigger from the inside. Yet the cafeteria second floor seemed to be seven or eight times bigger than the first floor.

„It looks a little different though…” she muttered.

„Because they didn’t do it right away. The students said that there weren’t enough private rooms, so they used some arrays. Then it’s repeated again and again. Expanding the space repeatedly almost caused its collapse. Now some teachers always here to look around to see if there’s any problem.”

They went into one of the private rooms.

Belinda somehow felt disappointed. When she heard about these rooms, she thought they would be similar to those expensive, luxurious places. There wasn’t any decor on the wall or around in the room. There was only a table with six chairs in the middle.

„Surprise!” Horác said. „You didn’t think this expensive room will be so unworthy, right?”

„… Yes. At least I thought that there will be something…”

„Haha. Now you know, you won’t need to work hard to upgrade your card.”

„… There aren’t any other usage of it?”

„There are?” Horác was clueless.

  Really, don’t say anything if you didn’t even know it!

17