1. Prophecy of The Hatched Sage and the Demonic Ruler
995 3 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

 

The fight rages on between the Hero’s Party and the Demon Lord. Both sides fought fiercely to defeat the other. The human side consists of The Hero, the Sage, the Rouge, and the Hunter.

It is clear which side will win, as the Demon Lord doesn’t take anywhere near as much damage as the Hero’s side. While the three blindly attacked the Demon Lord and unaware of his approach, the Sage knew differently. As befitting of her title as the Sage she knows of the world much greater than anyone else of the Hero’s Party, and knows better how one’s approach in battle reflects their intention.

The Demon Lord was rather reserved with his offense and tries to wear the party down the best he can. She chuckled a bit seeing this. “(Seems they weren’t kidding about their ruler)”

The Sage’s fascination makes her wonder if there’s a way to stop this fight quickly, as she is not for needless bloodshed when all it does is to fulfil some prophecy, she would rather inquire on him more than anything else. By this time her companions are weary, while in her curiosity she has slowed her attack to a halt and saved herself a lot of stamina and mana.

The Demon Lord swings with his massive sword, but not with the edge of his blade. Completely incapicitated the Hero, but does not kill him. This snapped the Sage out of her trance as she looked to see the Rogue and Hunter quite frustrated and terrified at what had taken place.

The Demon Lord uses this opportunity to cast a spell on all three of them to incapicitated them. While the Rogue and Hunter are knocked down the Sage successfully blocks the attack. Before the Demon Lord could try to cast the spell again she put her hand up, as if to announce a time out.

“You two. Please take the Hero to safety and forget about this. There was never a chance.” The Sage said, putting on a bit of a show as she began quietly chanting a spell, causing light to envelop the three downed companions, teleporting them far away, out of the Demon Lord’s sight and mind.

“What’s your intention here?” The Demon Lord asked, looking rightfully puzzled at the Sage’s action. It’s clear it’s not to fight him as she would’ve been more proactive during the battle otherwise.

“Honestly, not a whole lot. It was all honestly on a whim. I was planning to use that spell to get myself out of dodge… Now that I’ve used it on three people I don’t have enough mana to escape as well.” The Sage said with a silly grin on her face. The Demon Lord never saw anyone, human or demon, act so odd and casual in front of him, making him wonder if there’s something wrong with her. She shakes her head and speaks further. “Anyway what’s your name? Mine’s Saria.”

“U-Um… It’s Yu- Azarel, I’m called Azarel. Forgive me for that botched introduction.” Hearing this, Saria feels a bit more intrigued by ‘Azarel’. At the very least she can feel comfortable with his amiability. She wonders back on her journey so far and everyone she has met, specifically the demons she has friendly conversation with, and wonders back on their words.

“I’ve heard you’re quite distant and cold towards your subordinate. As you are now I can’t see it. Then again they never fault you for much aside from that.” Saria commented. The Demon Lord feels a bit ashamed hearing this, shaking his head in exasperation.

“I-I never want to come off that way.” He shyly said. She finds it a bit cute how shy he is, but she won’t tease him for it, for now. At this point she needs some sort of incentive for him to not shoo her away. She knows for a fact that there aren’t a lot of options for her at this moment.

She could either leave and go back to the human society branded as a failure, some sort of accursed being, as if she wasn’t treated badly already, and one responsible for another supposed black mark on the prophecy long foretold, or stay here and find a way to convince the demons here that she can stay, some could perhaps vouch for her but she’s not certain if that will be enough, her best bet was to talk to the Demon Lord who is here in front of her and convince him to vouch for her.

“I see. Well Your Majesty if you don’t mind can I find refuge here? I’m sure you know why I need that.” Saria requested. If just this implication won’t work out then she could try using her sob story to convince him, not that she wants to fish for pity that badly but there is little choice in the matter.

She looks at him straight in his heterochromia eyes, the left eye is blue and the right is red, along with his white silvery hair it makes him look quite impressive, with his oddly slim frame and tiny horns on his head it actually makes him look kinda cute, in fact he doesn’t even really dress all that much like the king of all demons. She knows he’s a guy and therefore not something she’s disinterested in, but if he was a woman that’d be a different story. She’d rather not try using the gender changing spell on someone unwilling so she quickly brushes the idea off, not to mention the wrath if he doesn’t desire it. “(If only he was a she… Guess I can’t be that lucky)”

“You failed your quest to defeat me and therefore would live in nothing but shame if you go back. I understand.” He said, nodding thoughtfully. He ponders for a while before speaking his term. “We do have some empty room left in this castle, and I want to get to know you a bit better myself. Of course I can’t just let you live here for free, I can’t be that generous.”

“Ah. Thank you for your offer. I’ll take it up, so I guess I got a job here just like that?” Saria said with a small quip.

“I’ll have to consult with other officials about that first, I need to make sure they’re in agreement.” The Demon Lord noted. Saria nodded in agreement.

Soon enough Saria is led to her room which is neatly decorated with a cute design. Then stays there waiting for the Demon Lord to come back, all the while the servants of the castle give her some food and drinks in the meantime.

Soon enough he comes back, entering the room in a more casual outfit, just a simple blue robe with a regular shirt underneath. “It seems your reputation wasn't a mere exaggeration Saria. Some of them speak rather highly of you.”

“Really? I mean I try to be friendly but I beat them up pretty badly.” Saria said, looking puzzled.

“It’s true, they know full well you were doing as you were forced to. Prophecy and all that seems unbreakable so they understand that it wasn’t really your choice, expectation and belief is a lot of pressure.” He said in understanding, and soon a question he was meant to ask came across his mind. “Speaking of which, why does prophecy fail not just once but twice? Honestly I was a bit scared when I was informed of it. ‘Four born male. The Hero, the Sage, the Rouge, and the Hunter. All four shall enter the castle of the man on the throne of demons, and soon after shall that man no longer be’. That was what was said in the prophecy foretold was it not?”

“Well. What I came to learn is the technicality associated with reading fate. While I would like to explain it in full detail it’s a bit personal for me.” Saria said, in a much more serious tone. Seeing this he looked slightly concerned, thinking of how to defuse the tension.

“W-Well let’s move on from that topic for now! How do you like the room? I design it myse- Ah…” In his blunder he let his tongue loose again. ‘He’ completely messed up.

“Oh? You did? I love it honestly… We can speak about that another time. Now tell me what my new job here is? Hopefully something magic related.” Saria inquired. She looked a bit more relaxed hearing that and dropped the topic. The Demon Lord wondered as to what could be on the fair maiden’s mind, but relented and agreed to speak about it when the time was right.

Saria’s new role was rather simple, as assistant and adviser on magecraft and the like. It was pretty easy all things considered, as a sage it comes to her as second nature, it was like she wasn’t even working.

Sometimes the two hang out and have a friendly chat, usually nothing too personal but sometimes a few questions peek through. Saria asked. “By the way, Azarel. Why do you dress like that? I would’ve imagined a man dressing way more… masculine.”

“T-This is just how I like to dress, I don’t like those outfits anyway! Those are only for formality!” Azarel said a bit defensively. Questions like this popped up again sometimes but Saria never pressed further, at least she doesn’t think now is the best time. She’ll wait until both of them are a bit more comfortable talking about their personal life. They talk more since and have gotten more and more fond of each other, but with a gap between them Saria believes she knows how to cross.

One day Saria requested to see what the Demon Lord’s room is like, much to his bewilderment. He asked why she wanted to know and she said. “Well since my room is so fitting for my taste and you design it, I wonder what your personal room is like.”

“W-Well…” He tries to muster some sort of excuse but she quickly cuts him off with an offer to coerce him. She has one particular suspicion about this Lord of all Demons, but she wants to make sure she’s not just fantasizing and assuming something about them wrongly.

“How about I tell you a bit more as to why the prophecy that is supposed to read fate itself supposedly fails? I know the answer for this one specifically.” She said a bit teasingly, trying to make him open up a bit more by appealing to his curiosity on the topic. She has a hunch that tells her that if his room is what she has expected then she can feel a bit more comfortable explaining the rather odd wording of the prophecy.

“F-Fine. Please don’t tell anyone. I’d like to keep this place a secret.” Saria got quite curious by his words, the fact he seems so secretive implies her suspicion is correct. Now she feels the pieces starting to fall into places.

When they entered the room Saria could only look in awe. It’s very well furnished with a design that would be right up her alley. She starts walking all around the room to see the personal items ‘he’ has much to ‘his’ chagrin. The Demon Lord began exasperatedly pleading. “P-Please don’t just touch my stuff like that”.

“Ah. Sorry about that. I love your dresses by the way, why aren’t you wearing them?” Saria asked, playing off an innocuous tone. The Demon Lord tried to argue but got cut off before saying anything further. She began speaking seriously. “Alright let’s stop with the teasing for now. Wanna hear what the first part of the prophecy actually means?”

“Y-Yeah. Why are you a girl when the prophecy said you aren’t?” Azazel asked. Both of them sat down on ‘his’ bed, which Saria took a moment to compliment its cute little design.

“Sorry for that teasing. As for what you were asking… The prophecy wasn’t wrong, I was born a man.” Saria said, and Azazel’s eyes widened by the revelation. She clarified further. “It said ‘Born male’. I am born as a man, but that doesn’t mean I choose to be or stay as one. I’m sure this is something even people on your side find rather odd, so I can’t just say it without care.”

“So when you mean by technicality… I see…” Azazel muttered, finally understanding the reason the prophecy seems false. “So then, there could be a lot of meaning for the part that said I would be no more as well… Could’ve meant I died from living until the end of time for all I know.”

“Yeah it seems silly with how you can interpret it doesn't it?” Saria said with a smile. She found it silly as well when she managed to figure it out the first time. She then began clarifying something. “By the way. I am a woman without a doubt, I am not hiding my true gender and have no intention to deceive anyone. You can go ask the lust demons, I know they’re good at picking out gender.”

“N-No. I believe you on that front. How did you do it though, become a woman I mean.” ‘He’ asked, clearly wanting to know how she did it, and there was a small grin on her face. “I-I mean just so I know, maybe someone wants that?”

“Sure sure. It’s simply a new magic I make up for myself. To change my gender to the one I desired and needed most. I’m the only user as far as I’m aware.” Saria answered. Azazel began sweating buckets, clearly nervous about something. Saria understood her concern and began having a heart-to-heart.

“What’s your name?” Saria asked, much to her confusion. “What’s your actual name my dear. There are only us two here, you can trust me.”

“It’s… Aza…” Before she can say that name fully Saria shook her head, nudging her to try again.

“Unless you admit it and tell me everything I can’t give you what you want.” Saria said, pressuring her to speak her mind and open her heart.

“My name is… Yuriel… I can’t just be a girl, I mean… Like you say it’s odd, it’s hard to confront everyone’s eyes if they see me differently… I’m supposed to be a strong and intimidating ruler… It was a role I was born into… I’m not as strong as you are… I’m just not… Hearing your story… makes me feel a little bit jealous of how strong you are… I can’t find a way to make myself better like you can...” She said as she began tearing up. Saria really can’t help but comfort the lonely Mistress of Demons, feeling deep sympathy for her situation, she can see a bit of her past seeing this scene.

“If nothing else I will be here, I promise, please be true to yourself.” Saria whispered in her ears, hugging the demon who never opened herself up fully to others.

“It’s kinda pathetic that I am crying asking for help from a human isn’t it? I’m sorry you have to see me like this.” Yuriel said, trying to stop herself from stuttering and crying.

“It’s fine I promise! I can’t let another soul like mine go through something like this. Please… Let me change you for the better.” Saria said, offering what she has wanted all this time.

Yuriel silently nodded, soon enough she stood in front of a mirror, still in her own room with Saria a safe distance away, and she asked. “Ready?”

Yuriel nodded. Saria cast the spell, surges of mana entered Yuriel’s body and began changing her. Her masculine frame melted away, her skin smoother and softer. Her hair got longer while her face became rounder and any male features disappeared leaving a cute face behind. Her body became curvier and hairless. Her male organs shrink and disappear, replaced with a female one, with her also now sporting a nice pair of breasts.

Saria smiled, seeing the spell went flawlessly, leaving behind a beautiful silver hair maiden she’d definitely go for. She then asked the fully realized demon who is looking at the mirror. “Well? How do you feel?”

“I-I… I love this… I can’t thank you enough, truly…” Yuriel quickly inspected her new body, and turned around to hug the sage, who embraced her as well. Yuriel blushed red and so did Saria, if able to keep it together a bit better.

“Now now. I think I’ve fallen in love.” Saria teased a bit, but then Yuriel gave her a quick kiss, leaving her a bit speechless and blushing harder.

“I think so too.” Yuriel said a bit shyly. They both embrace each other and stay together in that room for the rest of the day. Hugging each other, loving each other’s warm embrace. It was the best day Yuriel ever had since she was born.

The next day came and everything went way better than either thought, it seems some of them already expected Yuriel’s condition and gave her a heartfelt congratulation, while expressing their gratitude towards Saria for letting her come out. She was a bit shocked how some already knew. Saria quipped in with a kiss and something to say. “Well you are quite an open book, and I’m glad you are, for your sake.”

Life went oddly smoothly for both of them since that day. Yuriel’s anxiety was perhaps rather unfounded, but she’s just glad she realized that.

Saria and Yuriel proposed to each other, causing cheers from many as both of them live their life happily with one another.

The prophecy rings true. Once she entered the castle and unlocked her heart, the melancholic man disappeared, leaving a happy woman on the throne with her love by her side.

35