Chapter 41 (part 1)
2.6k 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since she had been 'coerced', Han Yanyan got into Yao Chen's car looking sullen.

The corners of Yao Chen's mouth quirked up. He handed over his phone. "They're all in there. Delete them yourself."

Han Yanyan opened his photos. My, there were quite a few photos, about thirty or forty. There was in fact no true nudity in any of them - they were all taken from the back, or with Yao Chen's arms blocking out her breasts as he held her, but anyone looking at them would know that she was nude. Yao Chen certainly had a good time last night.

"Don't be angry, no one else saw any of them. I'm just teasing you." Yao Chen tamped down his laughter by pushing the tip of his tongue against his cheek.

Han Yanyan gave him a sidelong glance.

An older man, handsome, well-built, rich and powerful. Occasionally stubborn and unyielding, and occasionally domineering yet gentle. If he were written into a romance novel, he would have made a fantastic male lead. At the end, he would surely quit the underworld and live happily ever after with the protagonist.

But in reality... If Han Yanyan was truly 'Student Han Yanyan', these photos might have been the death of her.

She turned to look out the front. "Mr. Yao, what's your goal?"

Guiding the car smoothly and steadily, Yao Chen answered, "I'm courting you."

"This is the first time," Han Yanyan said self-deprecatingly, "That someone has ever courted me with my own nude photos."

"Oh?" Yao Chen asked. "Well then, how have you been courted in the past? Tell me about it. "

"There was no need for the courting," she replied. "Two people who like each other will naturally come together."

'Han Yanyan' and Xiao Xu had been like that, in their natural, pedestrian bliss. That was what life and love should be like.

Yao Chen made a scoffing sound.

He drove her to Jinhao, but before she could alight, he grabbed her by the hand. "I'll be a bit busy these next few days and might not be around. I've asked Old Lin to take care of you. If you ever have any concerns, just let him know. You have me."

Speak of the devil. Here was that domineering gentleness, just it had occurred to her.

Han Yanyan blinked, but could only say, "Thank you."

Yao Chen switched to a limousine at Jinhao. It was Xiao Yang who parked his sports car for him, and when he came back from parking it, he spotted Han Yanyan still standing on the steps, watched Yao Chen's car drive off into the distance.

"Yanyan, you..." He asked her hesitantly, "Are you and Mr. Yao together?"

Not wanting to have further contact with him, Han Yanyan threw the sentence "Don't talk nonsense" at him, then turned and went in.

'Nonsense'?! She got off that guy's sports car! Gossip was that she came down from the fifth floor in a bathrobe during the day, and Yao Chen had a suite on the fifth floor! Ahhhhh, hadn't she said before that she 'wasn't interested' in Yao Chen? Beautiful girls were liars!

 

A few days passed without Han Yanyan and Yao Chen crossing paths. Her life was very peaceful without him.

But then the dean of her department gave her a call. "Your parents called the school, saying that you've blocked them all and accusing you of being unfilial. They hope that the school will be able to control you. What's going on here?"

Han Yanyan smiled sadly. "I'm current working several jobs. I pay for my own tuition, my living expenses and my brother's dialysis treatment. My brother has been wanting a gaming laptop, and they're trying to force me to pay for it. I can't, so they've been accusing me of being unfilial. I had to block them, there was no other way."

The dean's face turned black with anger. He had eyes enough to see that the clothes Han Yanyan wore were cheap and low-quality. It wasn't uncommon for students nowadays to cam online to buy themselves branded bags. med can shoot masturbation videos to buy a brand-name bag. Han Yanyan working to put herself through school was more reminiscent of someone who lived a century ago.

"Don't worry about it," he assured her. "Just study hard, and if they dare call the school again, I'll stand up for you." Then he added, "I see you haven't applied for a scholarship. Would you like me to put in an application for you?"

Han Yanyan shook her head. "My family isn't actually badly off. It's my brother's illness that is dragging us down. So long as they don't squander the money, what I send home is more than enough for the basics. Leave the scholarship programs to the students who truly need it."

Her dean was so moved that he made an entire motivational speech to encourage her before letting her leave.

 

When she got out of the teaching building, Han Yanyan took out her phone, unblocked her home number and dialed it.

"Use your head! Did you think that if you did this, I'd pay up quickly? No, save it! I'll tell you right here and now, there will be no money going home this month!"

When she was done, she hung up and blocked the number again.

Just wait. When they found out that she really wouldn't send anything home, they would give in. Spending her money left and right, yet shitting on her head. Did they have no principles?!

Right after school she got a text from Yao Chen. It was succinct. "North Gate."

When she got on, he told her, "You won't need to go to Jinhao tomorrow. I'm in need of a female companion for a cocktail reception, and you'll be coming along with me. Don't look at me like that. I'll have Old Lin clock you in as overtime and you'll be paid accordingly."

"By the way, have you ever..." He glanced at the cheap clothes she was wearing and corrected himself. "Never mind, definitely not. Let's go and buy you some clothes."

16