Chapter 2 – Real or False
79 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“We missed it,” Ling Feng’s lips twitched, “We missed the Witch’s birthday! She is going to kill us!”

“Ah!” Wang Xiao shot to his feet as his face turned pale, “This time… we are gone. Sis — she will break my bones and drink my blood.” Wang Xiao clutched his hair with his shivering hands, “Not only did I cause you an accident, but we also missed her birthday. She already warned us of the consequences!”

“Let me think,” Ling Feng replied. But the moment he remembered that beautiful yet cold face, the evil smile and malevolent eyes, he shivered, “Let’s not go back.”

“Let’s do that,” Wang Xiao bum fell back on the stool, “How about we leave the country for a while?”

“Sounds good…”

Both men fell silent. In this world, only she could terrify them to the extent of wanting to flee from the country. Oh, the pain, the torture. Having a bruised body and a dislocated arm or foot was getting off easy; every time she trained with them, she broke a few of their bones. On their worst days, Ling Feng laid in bed for half a year, and he was the one who got off easy. Poor Wang Xiao, he fared much worse and had to stay in bed for a year.

When Ling Feng got smashed by the truck, Wang Xiao wasn’t too worried about his life. He knew Ling Feng would be alright so long as there was a single breath remaining in him — his Sis had trained him quite well. His biggest worry was how to explain the matter to his Sis. His Sis was too terrifying. Though she would beat them up now and then, she was very protective of Ling Feng. Besides her, no one was allowed to lay hands on him.

Wang Xiao remembered his cousin’s fate. That stupid cousin of his beat Ling Feng when they were young; in return, his Sis directly crippled his right arm. Poor guy, couldn’t even get revenge for himself and had to swallow the injustice. After all, no one asked him to provoke the demoness of the Wang Family.

“It seems my fate is determined,” Wang Xiao took in a cold breath, “Bro, do look after my family when I am gone,” his expression was similar to a soldier going to his final battle.

“Sucker, don’t show me that expression of having seen through life and death! Don’t worry, I will coax the Witch when we return,” Ling Feng raised his hand with some difficulty and slapped Wang Xiao’s head, “She might just leave you with half of your life.”

“I am counting on you then, Bro…” Wang Xiao replied with a faint voice. He didn’t have much hope in Ling Feng.

Ignoring what Wang Xiao thought, Ling Feng, himself, felt he was spouting nonsense. Coax the Witch? Saving his limbs would already be a miracle. ‘Damn, if I knew this would happen, I would just stake my life against that guy…’

‘Wait, why am I so afraid of the Witch?’ Ling Feng slapped his forehead, ‘I am the Saint Emperor, the strongest Cultivator in the Saint Emperor’s World! Even if I got murdered, it took all the powers of the world and the Saint Burial Array to put me to death! Why am I still afraid of a little girl?’

With these thoughts in mind, Ling Feng felt confident. For him, what can be worse than death? He had experienced death twice already. Moreover, no matter how evil the Witch, she will certainly not deal a heavy blow to him, she still cared for him this much, right?

“I am going to sleep for a while,” Ling Feng yawned and said to Wang Xiao sitting beside him, “The sun has already set, so let’s leave the hospital tomorrow.”

“Okay…” Agreeing to Ling Feng’s words, Wang Xiao stood up from the stool. With his head hung low and his mood dropped to the abyss, he walked towards the extra bed just a few steps away from Ling Feng’s and lay down. Now that Ling Feng was awake, they couldn’t not go home. And once they returned home, they were destined to get beaten up again.

He believed getting hit by Truck-kun would have been much better. At least, that way, his Sis will not take out her anger on him. Since Ling Feng already had injuries, his Sis will let him off lightly. He, Wang Xiao, on the other hand, will be one taking most of the punishment. ‘Hopefully, she won’t throw me in hell! Ai, why did I have to be born in that family?’

Under the caress of faint moonlight, poor Wang Xiao finally fell asleep. He might as well rest and then enjoy himself while he still could. Everything else could wait for when they returned to the Capital.

 

-----

Soon, it was already midnight. Though Ling Feng said he was going to sleep, he couldn’t bring himself to close his eyes. Thinking about his situation and reorganizing those memories of transmigration, he felt everything was so surreal he couldn’t wrap his head around it all.

What was real? What was false? He felt that everything after his transmigration happened just a moment ago, while it also seemed to have been eras since then. It was this feeling he didn’t like. Did he transmigrate? Could it all just be a dream? He couldn’t tell the difference. The memories were there, and they were clear without any fog covering them. So why was he having such a feeling?

He tried his best to recall the time when he first transmigrated. At that time, he seemed to have felt the same, just that, it was much stronger this time. ‘Right, feelings! it’s all about feelings and emotions!’ This thought suddenly appeared in his mind, ‘Though the memories are there, the feelings and emotions attached to them are gone!’

‘Forget it, not like I had any attachment to that world before my death!’ Ling Feng shook his head and sighed, ‘My LingLing was already not by my side, so I have nothing to fret over now. Since I am back and the Natural Energies on Earth aren’t that concentrated, I will live a good life here.’

As Ling Feng was thinking about different things, he felt the pain in his body decrease at a rapid pace. Soon, the pain disappeared. With such a sudden change, Ling Feng was shocked. Just a few moments ago, his entire body was pained. Although it wasn’t intolerable, it was still there, and it was annoying him quite a bit. How come it disappeared without any precursor?

Ling Feng immediately sat up and looked at his body. The scene before his eyes shocked him. Moonlight covered his body, healing it at a rapid speed. The scars started getting fainter and fainter until they disappeared. His internal injuries — though he couldn’t see them, he felt they were also getting healed. He felt as if he was in a warm embrace.

‘What is going on? What sorcery is this?’ Ling Feng wondered if his eyes deceived him or his mind crashed, ‘I have never heard of moonlight healing someone!’

‘Right,’ Ling Feng immediately thought of Spiritual Sense and closed his eyes, directing his spirit inside his body. In the beginning, he didn’t have much hope, but the moment he tried it, he was surprised that he could see the changes happening inside his body.

The moonlight that covered him was everywhere inside as well, healing his internals at a rapid pace. But what was most surprising was the fact that it all seemed to concentrate in one direction, one point, to be precise. Looking at all the moonlight concentrate on that point, Ling Feng felt his heart jump with excitement.

Although he just decided to live a good life and forget about Cultivation, it was because he didn’t sense any Natural Energies in the atmosphere. But if he could Cultivate, then that would be for the best. How would Ling Feng understand that though there were Natural Energies on Earth, not just anyone could make use of them. It was just a coincidence and great luck that he was able to absorb those Natural Energies.

Focusing his spirit on the point concentrated with moonlight, Ling Feng smashed it with all his might.

“Boom!”

Immediately, an explosion sounded inside his body as his mind went blank. Other than darkness, there was only darkness. He fell back to the bed, unconscious.

Ya! Thank you for reading. I hope you liked this chapter. Do leave a comment, it will be most appreciated. Also, don't feel shy or bad when leaving criticism. Honest criticism is always welcome.

3