Chapter 72 – Shortcut
198 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was rather early in the morning and Enda, who was asleep in her personal cave under the pub’s supply room, was forced awake and came up.

She walked out from behind the counter, her waist-length hair was in disarray. She blearily rubbed sleep out of her half-closed silver eyes, “What do you want? If it was anyone other than you--I would burn them to ash.”

Her voice was slightly blurred.

I told her my request, her response was:

“...You dumbass--you want to use me for transportation?” She rolled her eyes so far back that I am sure she could count the wrinkles in her brain.

“Please?”

“Urgh…Don’t use the puppy-eyes on me, dumbass.”

She had calmed down a lot and was leaning against the wall next to the door, looking at Nainiae and I.

I felt Nainiae tremble, she was sitting next to me, and she seemed worried--I knew that Enda scared her a little, but she was safe with me here.

Suddenly, Enda sniffed at the air, “Oh? You smell different…It seems that you’re no longer a cherry-boy.”

She giggled and walked over, sniffing me closely, “Oh my…dumbass…”

It seems she realized who it was that I slept with.

Nainiae looked a little confused.

“Well, anyway--just as long as no one finds out--now you can’t use the excuse that you’re ‘saving it for someone special’.”

Enda poked out her tongue.

“But, the lassy next to you should go next.”

“I was planning that. Anyway…so, Teleportation?”

She sighed, “You will pay me back. Anyway, you must be thinking that Teleport is easy?”

“I don’t think it’s too easy, but for you, something like that should be simple right?”

Enda looked away, “Whatever, dumbass…Servant Nainiae, I’ll only explain this to you once, so listen carefully.”

“...?”

Because Enda suddenly started talking to Nainiae so suddenly, she looked at me almost like she panicked.

I smiled reassuringly, “Hear her out, she seems to have something to tell you.”

Nainiae nodded, her flustered expression disappearing at my words, she then looked at Enda.

Enda smiled, “It seems that Servant Nainiae really likes you, rascal. Anyway, Do you have a map?”

“Yes.”

“Bring it out.”

Nodding to Enda’s words, Nainiae brought the map from her pocket and opened it.

“I see. Well, I’ll use Teleport Magic, as requested by that wretch. I will--however, what do you think will happen if you guys suddenly appeared in the middle of Rainfield City?”

Nainiae paused, before answering, “Those that don’t know about Magic would panic, and the ones who do…would be wary of us. In the worst-case scenario, they might even try to arrest us…”

“I see. Servant Nainiae--you are smarter than your dumbass Young Master, aren’t you?”

Teleport was a Seventh Circle Magic--even if that fact was ignored, it was certain that responses from the people wouldn’t be good if an Iphelleta House carriage appeared from the blue in the middle of Rainfield City.

“Therefore, in order to avoid bothersome consequences or chaos from that, I’m going to Teleport you guys to…” Enda paused for a moment and then raised her hand and pointed to the map that Nainiae was holding, “…This location.”

The location that she point to was in the middle of a nameless forest that wasn’t far from Rainfield.

“You understand, right?”

“Yes. I’ll keep that in mind.”

Having heard Enda’s explanation, Nainiae promptly nodded.

Enda smiled at her, “You seem more forward-thinking than your overly-lazy Young Master.”

Nainiae looked like she wanted to smile, then glanced at me--like she wasn’t sure what to do. I rolled my eyes at Enda, and Nainiae took that as the go-ahead and smiled as well.

Enda walked up and looked at me with a serious look in her silver eyes, “Riley.”

I looked at her, “What’s wrong?”

I knew when she was being serious, and when she was playing around.

“About Nainiae, your servant…” Enda slowly shook her head, “Her wounds are a curse, and her eye is worse than you think…she won’t get the chance to ever gain more circles; she will be wasting her potential if that happens.”

I nodded, “I know.”

“As I thought. Actually, it would have been weirder if someone like you didn’t know about it.” She mumbled, pausing to look at Nainiae next to me, “What are you going to do about it?”

“I will be looking for a cure, I have searched the mansion library, and there was nothing there…I will be search Rainfield, among other places. She will be cured.”

I felt Nainiae twitched next to me.

“While you are doing that…I met someone interesting, with a unique profession--I began interested in trying it at least once.”

“A prostitute? You could probably earn quite a bit of money…”

I couldn’t help with the joke.

Enda flushed slightly, then rolled her eyes, “No, dumbass, it’s something else--”

***

‘I wonder why I ended up being cursed? Pricia did mention something like that when she healed me…

Nainiae couldn’t hear what Enda and I were saying--since we had changed it to Telepathy.

She suddenly remembered the gift that Iris had given her before she and I departed for Rainfield.

Should I open it now?

She took a quick glance at Enda and I, we were still talking, and she realized that our conversation would take a while longer. She knew that she will have time, so she picked up the gift.

What’s this?

Opening the gift wrapped in fabric--Nainiae confirmed what was inside…her eye opened wide.

It was a mask.

It was the mask that I was wearing when we met for the first time in Solia. However, the mask had been modified. It had been shortened, and the cloth changed, it would cover half her face from forehead to chin, with cloth hanging down her neck.

“Ahh…Lady Iris--”

Without realizing it, she had a tender look on her face as she touched the mask. For some reason, from this modified mask--she could swear that she could feel warmth.

Looking at the mask that she had received from Iris, Nainiae was smiling--her smile looked like she had received the best gift in the world.

“...I feel happy.” She murmured, running her fingers over it, “Thank you, Lady Iris. Such a gift as this…I don’t think I deserve it.”

She was blushing as she smiled.

4