Chapter 31: Kokushibo
159 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Giyu and Tanjiro, let's head to our next battle." I said.

But I only received silence, when I looked back. Giyu and Tanjiro had collapsed due to exhaustion, was I abnormal since I was only a little tired?  I pushed those thoughts aside and grabbed both of them and put them against the wall. I don't think there would be any more demons here since we killed Akashi meaning it was safe for now. 

With that being said, I decided to leave. I was running, searching everywhere for some a clue about Muzan. The hallways and rooms kept switching meaning something was probably happening or a demon slayer was attacking that unless it was trying to lead me to my death.

And I guessed correct, when I entered the room. I saw Muichiro looking at a demon, but it wasn't a regular demon, it was Upper Moon 1. This was going to be a troublesome battle.

"Hmm, you both look familiar."

"Hmm, I see." said upper moon 1.

What was he talking about? Then I realized, if this demon was strong enough to be promoted to upper moon one, he must've gained transparent world. This demon was different from all the other upper moons, he had a majestic yet dangerous aura around him, he must've been a demon slayer before and probably used breaths.

I looked over to Muichiro who was struggling with pressure so I excluded a pressure of my own countering the upper moon's aura.

"Not bad, what're both of your names." asked Upper Moon 1.

"Shouldn't you introduce yourself first?" I asked. 

"You're right. I'm Kokushibo, upper moon 1." said Kokushibo.

"Tokan Furoku, Frost Pillar." I replied.

His face twitched for a second when I said my name, probably just my imagination but I kept it in mind.

"Muichiro Tokitou, Mist Pillar." said Muichiro.

"I see, the name Tsugikuni must've died out then." said Kokushibo.

"Tsugikuni? Who's that?" asked Muichiro.

I didn't say anything since I didn't really care about those stuffs, I only focused on the demon who was in front of me. He was probably as strong or stronger than me. This demon was going to be one of the strongest demons I've ever fought.

"My name back when I was human was Michikatsu Tsugikini. You are a member of the Tsugikini family I left behind, my child's descendant. You are my offspring," said Kokushibo.

Muichiro looked quite shocked for a moment before recovering.

"Your mental strength is worth some praise, you calmed down your panic in a short moment."

[Breath of Mist, Second Form! Layered Mist!]

Muichiro quickly launched an attack not wasting any time at all, I decided to release an attack too.

[...Snow in the Blizzard!]

I sprinted and released several slashes combined with Muichiro. We both looked back and was surprised his katana wasn't even unsheathed yet.

"Mist and Frost, not bad." said Kokushibo.

[..Sea of Clouded Mist!]

[...Rapid Glaciers!] 

Yet again, our attacks didn't hit but there was a small cut on his arm which quickly healed.

"Tokan, you're 19 this year. You're young and you're able to put a cut on me, impressive. Muichiro, you're 14 this year and your technique is this refined at your age. Despite faltering against me, you had the courage to suppress that in order to cut me down."

"As I expected from my descendant, my blood may have been watered down by a lot but that's trivial. Even if my name has died out, my cells increased and remained in you." said Kokushibo.

"If hundreds of years have passed, not a single cell or drop of blood remained inside my body at this point." said Muichiro.

His mark appeared and I guess it was time to get serious. 

"Both of you have your marks, I see." said Kokushibo.

[...Seventh Form! Haze!]

Right before Muichiro would cut him, I saw Kokushibo pull out his blade.

[Breath of the Moon, First Form! Dark Moon Evening Shrine!]

Kokushibo released a stupidly slash horizontal attack nearly cutting off Muichiro's hand but I grabbed him by the back of his collar and pulled him back.

"Be careful." I said.

"Thanks." replied Muichiro.

"You're fast to be able to react." said Kokushibo.

Of course, time slowed around me, that was the only way I could see your attack and save Muichiro. Though Breath of the Moon, he can use breathing techniques despite being a demon and his speed was in another dimension. I was grateful to this mark's ability.

We both sprinted at him and attacked.

[...Advection Slash!]

[...Snow in the Blizzard!]

We combined our attacks and aimed it at him but in a single moment, he kicked my abdomen launching me against a pillar, and had stabbed Muichiro with his own blade through his right chest.

"My descendant, allow me to turn you into a demon. To be of use to that man." said Kokushibo.

I wasn't going to let that happen.

[...Frozen Love!]

In an instant, I had appeared beside him, my transparent blade was in his neck slowly deepening. He pulled out his katana and tried to cut off my arm but I used his back as a launching pad to bounce myself back.

"Tokan, you're strong. A transparent blade, nevermind my descendant. Allow me to turn you into a demon." said Kokushibo.

"I refuse." I replied.

"I see, then prepare to die." said Kokushibo.

[Loathsome Moon, Chains!]

He swung his sword rapidly creating two gigantic crescent slashes, from which a storm of smaller crescents spreads. 

[...Snow's Reflex!]

I quickly deflected all of the heavy and quick crescent clashes that was aimed towards me. Without the mark, I would have been cut down already. I looked around and there were several pillars that collapsed. Kokushibu and my position had switched, Muichiro looked like he was in pain but his injuries would be less severe if he stayed like that.

His wound would instantly start bleeding if the blade was pulled out.

"You're smart too." said Kokushibo.

I heard what he said but forgot about it, after all I needed to cut him down.

4