23. Yan Tian’s Death
788 2 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the battle between Nascent Soul stage experts happened in the sky, the battle on the ground approached its climax.

Snowy, with her low cultivation, didn't face her enemy head-on. She used her stealth move to ambush the remaining enemies' cultivators.

Even though the enemy had cultivation level one stage higher than Snowy, she ended them only in one strike, either aim at their neck or their heart. Any top assassin who watched her battle will give her big applause for her perfect execution.

At the end of her assault, she had absorbed enough Qi to advance her cultivation to Ninth Level of Qi Refining Stage.

Lin Ming and Zi Ling proved their worth as a First Disciple and Legacy Disciple by swiftly swept enemy's forces.

Lin Ming used his technique One Slash of Hundred Swords, rampaging through all Qi Transformation cultivators and pinning down three Golden Core cultivators to death.

With his beloved Rising Sun Sword, he gathered the energy from the sun enhanced by his Yang Essence Body and then transformed it into 100 flying swords using his sword Qi. His enemies stormed him with vigor was akin a moth to a flame. What remain of them at the end was only ashes.

Zi Ling was facing two middle-level Golden Core cultivators and several Qi Transformation cultivators in a different place. Her enemies didn't relax in the slightest, even though they overwhelmed her by numbers. It's not their fault, though, as she was famous for her ability to slaughter her enemy.

Zi Ling took the initiative using her Seven Steps Purple Mist technique. With every step she took, the purple mist around her body became denser.

The purple mist lacerated anyone who approached her. The others who afraid to be near her weren't safe either. Whenever she points her sword in their direction, the purple mist will be rushing toward them from every direction. It took her no time to dispose of her enemies.

When Zi Ling had finished with her battle, she quickly went back to the mansion to protect Madam Feng and the other as Feng Xue had a showdown with Yan Tian.

Zi Ling didn't worry much about their battle because she knew despite Feng Xue's cultivation only at the peak of Qi Transformation stage, her pure bloodline gave her an advantage as long as her opponent's cultivation was below the middle-level Golden Core stage. She just needed to keep the Feng Family safe so Feng Xue can go all-out with her opponent.

***

"Yan Tian, do you ever think it would be turned out this way?" Feng Xue said mockingly while taking out her Star Shattering Bow and Returning Arrow.

"You talk as if you already win!" Yan Tian smirked.

"Well, I've never lost in a one-on-one battle. Get ready to face your retribution!"

Feng Xue load her arrow and aiming at Yan Tian while dashing backward to get some distance.

"There'll always be a first time! Taste this technique! Wind Sword!"

Even though he was a crooked man who adept at scheming, no one denies his talent in cultivation. Only in a day, he had comprehended the Earth-ranked technique he got in the auction, albeit only at entry-level.

*Whooosh!*

The raging wind was launched toward Feng Xue at an alarming speed. Every obstacle on its way was sliced apart like butter.

Feng Xue's instinct told her that she'll only end up in pieces if she continued to retreat backward. Deciding to trust her instinct, Feng Xue stomped her right foot at the tree near her, propelling her body sideways to dodge the upcoming attack.

Fortunately, she made the right decision. She successfully escaped from the attack but not unscathed. Her shoulder bled, though only slightly scraped by the attack. If she was late by a second, it would not only take her shoulder that got wounded.

"Die!" Her eyes narrowed and turned into a sharp glare like an arrow. At this moment, the Star Shattering Bow in her hands lit up instantly and unleashed a shot. This arrow was incredibly fast with a trace of Archery Law that could be sensed within.

Yan Tian's face turned solemn when he saw this attack. He swings his sword to counter the arrow.

*Poof!* The arrow was instantly sliced into two parts.

*Swoosh* Another arrow was aimed at him from the side. Unable to block the arrow, Yan Tian rolling sideward.

"Wind Sword!" Suddenly three arrows stroke from above, Yan Tian used his technique to repel the assault.

The attack destroyed two arrows while one arrow successfully breakthrough flying straight toward Yan Tian.

*Poof!* It shot through his shoulder, causing his blood to spurt everywhere. In a split of a second, the arrow disappeared, leaving only a hole in his body.

"Aargh…!!" Yan Tian screamed as the pain assaulted him. Cold sweat appeared on his face as he realized that he didn't stand a chance if he couldn't shorten the distance between them.

Immediately, he dashed full speed toward Feng Xue. With his Golden Core stage cultivation, he can reach Feng Xue within 3 breaths.

Aware of Yan Tian's plan, Feng Xue used her trump card.

"Blazing Crimson Bird transformation!" Wall of fire enveloped Feng Xue's body halt Yan Tian advanced.

*Screech!* Visual of crimson bird appear on the sky. Its body made by flame made anyone who saw it feel its fierceness!

Then, the crimson bird dived into Feng Xue, fusing with her body. A pair of blazing wing grew from her back made her looks like the incarnation of phoenix. The wingspread gave her a majestic look.

Feng Xue flew toward the sky to regain her distance from Yan Tian. She prepared her bow for the final strike.

Yan Tian's face turned ugly. He knew there wasn't any option left for him to get Feng Xue to fight him in close distance. Sense of death finally hit him.

"Time to end this. Star Plucking Arrow!"

A massive amount of Qi gathered at Feng Xue's arrow. Then she shot upward toward the sky above Yan Tian.

The sky turned dark bereft of its light. After a moment, a bright light appeared from the darkness as if it was the only star in the middle of the night sky.

Yan Tian's face paled when he saw the light. He ran away, escaping the mansion like a beaten dog with all the strength left in his body.

"No!!!" However, the light shot at him, enveloping his body. Only unwillingness and regret can be heard from his last scream before his body disappeared without a trace.

 

43