24. Origin of Star Plucking Arrow and Immortal
764 1 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everybody in the mansion was gasping in awe at the sight of the powerful strike. Madam Feng looked at Feng Xue and smiled warmly; she was her daughter, she was her pride and joy!

"Young miss is mighty!" one servant said.

"Yes! Young miss is our Feng Family's pride!" another servant said.

"The young will surpass the old..." Chamberlain Xi said while softly sighing. He really regretted his betrayal of the house; his age cloud his decision, and nearly cost the family destruction.

Lin Ming and Snowy had come back after cleaning up the remaining enemy forces. Yan Tian came with more than twenty powerful cultivators haughtily, but in the end, all were slaughtered.

Even Yan Tian once a heaven-proud genius, met his demise. Even his corpse was nowhere to be seen.

"Star Plucking Arrow live its name as the most powerful Archery technique of our sect. Even though it's only an Earth-ranked technique, it can even rival a Heaven-rank technique with its sheer power!" Lin Ming couldn't help but asserting his admiration for the technique.

"That's true. Junior sister Feng's talent also plays a big part in it. Even though she is only at the peak of Qi Transformation stage, she has grasped the surface of the Law of Archery. Her attainment in Dao of Archery is truly remarkable," Zi Ling added: "Anyway, First Brother, do you know why our sect has such a mighty technique? Are you aware of its origin?"

Lin Ming shook his head and said, "Nobody knows. Even Sect Master has only heard from his master about a legendary archer who once by chance saved by our founder in his youth. Our founder found him with a mortal wound and treated him. Initially, he thought that he was only an ordinary cultivator; however, after regaining his strength, our founder realized that he was an unfathomable existence! Far more powerful than Nascent Soul stage cultivator. The legendary archer expressed his gratitude by bestowing this technique and suddenly disappeared afterward."

"Even more powerful than Nascent Soul cultivator? How can it be... How can nobody aware of  somebody that powerful?" Zi Ling frowned. She couldn't imagine someone who more powerful than a Nascent Soul cultivator who was considered unrivaled in the Eastern Continent.

"He is Nine Bow Monarch, an expert at Heaven Immortal stage. A Nascent Soul cultivator is only an ant when compared to him."

Suddenly, Snowy intruded in their conversation. Of course, she knew about him since he was once her host when he still alive. According to her record, he was ambushed by his enemy during his ascension to heaven plane. Although he had killed most of his ambusher, he was also gravely wounded. Then, he fled to Eastern Continent to hide from his pursuer and recuperated. Maybe, during that time, he met Heaven Sword's founder.

Lin Ming and Zi Ling's bodies shudder, and their jaw slackened when they heard Snowy's word. Couldn't restrain his curiosity, Lin Ming asked, "Is immortal really exist? Does he still alive, then?"

"I don't know whether Immortal really exists or not. Immortal that we are talking about right now is a cultivation stage classification beyond Nascent Soul. Their nascent soul had been perfectly formed and their mortal body had been shed allow them to grasp the surface of their Grand Dao and peek at the secret of immortality hence immortal." Snowy explained fluently: "Being at immortal stage doesn't mean that they cannot die; in fact, Nine Bow Monarch died right after he departed from Eastern Continent because of an ambush by his enemies."

After the Nine Bow Monarch fully recovered, he came back to North Region to avenge his ambush, alas, he was ambushed once again by his enemies with a powerful formation, and eventually met his demise. Snowy, as the system at that time, was forced to find a new host for another thousand years. Nine Bow Monarch was one of her hosts who failed to ascend to godhood even though being fully supported by the system.

Although Lin Ming and Zi Ling still doubted Snowy's explanation, their blood boiling, they couldn't contain their excitement. There was another peak even when someday they had reached the summit of the Eastern Continent. Thus, they eager to learn more.

"What cultivation stage beyond Nascent Soul stage?" This time, Zi Ling turned to ask.

"From Qi Refining Stage to Nascent Soul Stage is called mortal boundary. After they facing mortal tribulation and start paving the path of their own Grand Dao, they will go through immortal ascension. There are five stages in Immortal Ascension: Human Immortal, Earth Immortal, Heaven Immortal, Immortal King, and Immortal Emperor. Even though they are called immortal, they will still die due to their age or mortal wound. Nevertheless, they have a longer lifespan than cultivators in the mortal boundary. They can live for 1,000 or even 10,000 years depending on their cultivation level and cultivation technique," Snowy explained.

"You... How do you get this information? How much does the Ancient Family know?" Zi Ling narrowed her eyes and looked at Snowy for an answer. She couldn't believe that she was actually a frog in a well and the world was a lot bigger than she actually experienced. Even their sect didn't have this information.

Ancient family? What is this woman talking about? Snowy tilted her head in confusion. Before she can ask or answer Zi Ling's question, a voice sudden voice interrupt their conversation.

"Snowy!! Are you hurt? You shouldn't be so reckless!"

Feng Xue hugged Snowy as if she was going to disappear anytime. Feng Xue had been panicked when she saw Snowy being crushed by Wu Qing's spiritual pressure after Snowy killed Feng Luo.

Feng Xue initially wanted to rescue Snowy after she took her mother to the mansion but before she could do it the situation turned because of the Heaven Sword trio's arrival. She eventually decided to confront Yan Tian when she saw Snowy disappeared from her previous spot.

Although she knew that Snowy's ability was stronger even than an ordinary Qi Refining stage cultivator, it didn't alleviate her worries.

"I'm fine, Xue. Don't worry," Snowy said while patting Feng Xue's back.

"I... I don't want to see anyone being hurt anymore..." Feng Xue said with a tear threatening to burst out of her eyes. After her father's accident, she couldn't bear seeing another important person in her life being hurt.

*Bam! Bam! Bam!*

Rumbling sound disrupt their reunion. Everybody at the mansion shifted their eyes to the sky. The battle between Nascent Soul experts was reaching its final stage.

 

44