Side Story 1. Love at First Sight?
2.4k 17 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Vampire Empress.

Side Story 1 out of 2. Love at First Sight (Helesta’s Perspective).

 

The two of us went over to the kitchen where a warm atmosphere spread forth. It was unique. Not in that it’s irreplicable. It was more like uncommon, to say. The atmosphere of the kitchen, despite dust laid everywhere, was almost as if it was used by a few people who loved and cared for each other. It was entirely different from the one in the palace which was consumed by people who only worked for a living.

 

My gaze fell upon this adorable white-haired girl in front of me. She was a little bit tinier than me, and the scent of a vampire always manages to touch my nose even from afar. Yet, despite my race usually hating vampires, I felt attracted to this smell which was the cause of when I first started stalking her.

 

Travel to the time of Aya’s first appearance

 

The room was dim, clutters of paperwork covered the room, and a gloomy atmosphere covered the entire building. It was annoying, the amount of noise that enters into my ears each passing second. My brain felt like it would explode at any moment.

 

“Your Majesty, are you listening?” a red-haired glasses girl inched her glasses a bit with a strict look.

 

“Yeah, yeah. Keep on going,” A sigh escaped my mouth followed by a short tch that kind of irked the four-eyed person in front of me as she continued.

 

“The Kingdom to the south has successfully managed to summon someone from another world, but from our internal intelligence, it is said that the spell they used to summon the person had vanish—” she was about to continue before I interrupted by blasting a tremendous amount of aura.

 

An odd smell managed to assault my nostrils. It smelled like that of a vampire, yet somehow… the smell didn’t repel me but rather it was attractive. My wings came out by themselves, and my body suddenly started flashing its way towards the south.

 

The smell became even more intense with each passing distance that I flew. The wind curved its way for me like a red carpet, avoiding me like the plague before soon, the sight of the kingdom that I once ruined in the past came to view. It looked uglier than before and was almost in crumbles.

 

“Is this where the smell is from?” I mumbled before using my nose again, attempting to locate the smell through my nose before dashing my way towards what seems to be a library of some sort… well, if you could even call it a library.

 

The entire room was almost like a room for someone but with the walls covered in books. There was an abundant number of books around here yet there were also snacks, tea, and several knights together with maids that continued to guard the entire room as if they were protecting a VIP.

 

I was curious and started to cast a strong invisibility spell over at my body. The spell activated as normal and I soon flew to the wall, touching the bricked wall before passing through the wall as the sight of an extremely beautiful white-haired teenage-like girl came to view, sitting down on her chair as she sipped on her tea elegantly while reading several dozens of books at a super-fast speed.

 

My heart thumped for no reason. It continued to thump as it looked at the girl before the intense smell of a vampire assaulted my nostril, attracting me even more before the window popped open, allowing leaves to enter through. Some of the leaves touched the girl’s hair, only for her to whip it away, causing her hair to flutter beautifully.

 

It was then when I knew… that this was not some kind of mistake or coincidence but rather, fate. And so like that, I continued to watch over the girl as she sat in the library for three days, reading piles of books until almost all the books inside the library were completely eaten up by her. It was amusing to see her go wild with the books, she was almost like a worm biting into the pages.

 

For the duration of my secret watch over her, I had learned her name was ‘Aya’ and that she was the person who was summoned onto this world which meant she must have met that guy who is supposed to be watching over this world.

 

I wanted to see more and know more about this girl and so I continued to abandon my duties as the Queen of a kingdom and stalked this girl like crazy. Hours passed by as the ceremony for her was finished and she soon started to enter into this carriage.

 

She was accompanied by an entire knight brigade which showed how important she is to the kingdom that summoned her. The knights accompanying her were weak though that it felt like she was at risk of being attacked easily. My weakest knights at the kingdom would probably demolish them with a single second which made me a bit worried.

 

But my worries were both heard and crushed at the same moment when monsters suddenly popped up at the front. The knights were having a hard time with the monsters, and I almost felt like intervening when suddenly, a flash of white flew past the carriages and appeared in front of the knights, slashing them like a crazed monster.

 

Blood spilled all around her, yet she didn’t lick her lips like most vampires would but instead continued to swing her sword crazily. I was utterly speechless over how beautiful she was as she swung her sword, it was like I was looking at a painting.

 

After the little monster encounter, she never came out again. I wondered if they locked her up for her safety but that wasn’t the case, she looked at the monsters with boredom almost like she thought they were too weak.

 

The travel to her assignment only lasted a few hours and we soon arrived at a dusty, rundown spot that looked pretty awful. My heart went mad seeing that she was assigned to this spot but for some reason, she didn’t look angry at all. Not a single bit, instead she commanded the knights almost as if she was already used to this.

 

She grouped the knights and assigned each group into a specific task which was the right thing to do in this situation, but she was leaving herself little to no knights which is something I am worried about as it is unusual for the person who is supposed to be guarded to be left alone. It was like these knights were untrained. My eyebrows frowned.

 

Though, thankfully, no danger came up to her for the duration until one of the knights came back with what seemed like guard commanders of the place. Most of them had their fingers sliced off which showed how merciless this girl was but that didn’t repel me a single bit. I would have done the same in her case.

 

Not long after, she soon took out a weapon and sliced off four of the men’s arms, causing all of them to cry in horror before she ended up killing all four. The cruel and merciless nature of hers made me wonder whether she was some sort of commander in her world but that thought of mine changed drastically as time passed by.

 

She continued to meet people and even got herself a cute little elven girl that I am so willing to take in as well because of how adorable she was. The entire town was bustling after she took over and the former shadow of the town was gone and was replaced with beautiful light. It was then when I thought to myself, she truly is the one I want to be with…

Is it actually Love at First Sight or Curiosity?
  • It is! Votes: 184 77.3%
  • No, it's just curiosity. Votes: 54 22.7%
Total voters: 238
72