Chapter 32. Finding Electricity
2k 17 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Vampire Empress.

 

Breakfast ended with a blast and after a little while of handling some documents, Ayaka and I decided to go outside for a breather. This time, Helesta was with us together with Felice and Iona. The party didn’t include Leo today since I assigned him to go handle some other tasks at the guards.

 

As much as I want to trust Leo, after what Helesta had told me, I became a bit too distrustful...or rather suspicious of him and decided to isolate him. Specifically, I told Helesta to assign some people to at least spy on Leo’s actions since she has the resources and manpower to be able to do such tasks.

 

“I really should consider making an underground organization,” I laughed bitterly as Helesta looked at us with a wry smile. Naturally, Felice and Iona were both not informed of the situation as well as they could also be accomplices of this entire issue.

 

“Mama, look!” Ayaka who was holding my hand pointed towards a little flower shop.

 

The flower shop didn’t have anything unusual but the fragrance it was letting off was extremely satisfying. It was like I was walking towards a field with fresh water from a river flowing. I couldn’t help myself but close my eyes to indulge in the smell.

 

“Do you want one flower, my lady?” Felice looked at Ayaka with a warm smile that really showed no trace of hostility. She looked incredibly honest which is why I feel bad a bit for not trusting her too much but after what had happened, I learned that not everything that is on the surface is what is actually inside.

 

Ayaka who was asked looked at Felice and nodded several times with excitement as she pointed at a specific flower, “I want that white flower!” while looking at me with an adorable gaze. I turned towards Felice who understood what I wanted her to do as she walked over to the flower shop and bought some flowers before coming back and handing them to Ayaka.

 

“Why did you pick that specific flower?” I patted the little girl’s head before she looked away embarrassed. She stood there, paused for a few seconds before replying in the most adorable manner that she could possibly do.

 

“It’s because it reminds me of Mama…”

 

My heart was stabbed in an instant. How could someone be this adorable?! Iona and Felice both giggled as Helesta looked at us with a smile. Look! Ayaka is thinking about me! Wait—stop that thought… ehem, that was too cringey.

 

“Then I’ll also buy this one,” I walked towards the flower shop which was being taken care of by a little girl and her grandma, taking one sunflower and handed a single gold coin towards the little girl without a single word, just winking at them.

 

Both of them were surprised by the large amount that I paid but money hardly mattered to me right now. I want to make an environment where Ayaka can grow in peace… not just her but also all the children can look back and smile.

 

“Don’t you think this flower looks like you?” I turned towards Ayaka with a smile before her eyes sparkled as I chuckled. She was indeed an adorable child even if she isn’t my blood, I don’t mind having her as my only child… well, I am still too young to think about that though but still.

 

“Mama…!” she hugged me happily as the others looked at us with gentle smiles. After our short, cute interaction, I looked at Helesta who was somehow looking at the distance with a frown on her eyes. It was like she had seen or noticed something that I couldn’t.

 

I turned towards the direction where she was looking before an incredible sight befell before me. It wasn’t anything large or magnificent. In fact, if you didn’t look at it closely… you probably wouldn’t even notice but it was a device that generated mana for a split second.

The device looked a bit odd. It looked like an engine but also a fun-looking one. There were little gears that resembled one on a watermill, in fact, it could probably be called a watermill but to my eyes, it wasn’t one as it looked really different.

 

This world doesn’t use electricity to power everything rather it uses mana which is an entirely different fundamental itself which means you can’t use a watermill to generate mana. In fact, looking at the short pulses it was generating, it didn’t even look like mana.

 

“What is that?” I looked at Celesta before she showed a smirk.

 

“Those are energized mana which is different from mana itself. Energized mana is what is actually being used to power entire cities and kingdoms. It differs from mana, which is extremely pure and stateless, energized mana has two states which are called Lat and Far. You should have read some books about it, right?” she said as I nodded.

 

I only heard about the concept of the two states, but Lat is basically positive state and Far is the negative state if we are comparing it with electrons. But it was said that energized mana cannot be generated at all. You can convert mana to energized but producing energized mana from the get-go is not possible according to the books.

 

“This is quite revolutionary… to think that taking the energy stored from the force of water splashing down and breaking that energy down by smashing it down with similar strength energy could cause a phenomenon where it would take in mana from the air and merge to produce energized mana. I don’t even think the person who created that device even realized what he made…” she laughed before looking at me with a smug, “Do you mind if I head back to my place for a little bit?”

 

“Err… sure,” I spoke unconsciously before she vanished out of thin air to which I soon realized that I probably have let loose of someone who might have stolen someone else’s idea… but well, does copyright for those even exist in this world… yeah, whatever. As long as it brings me free electricity… Greed has no limits.

Greed has no limits indeed!

A little fun spoiler about electricity

Electricity doesn't come to use until chapter 50+

[collapse]

76