Chapter 2: The first step
423 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

But after only what felt like maybe an hour, the brunette had already barged in again, even while knowing that I was awake.

"In a week you will be going with us to the marriage party from the Winurghe's earl's house. So get better before then.

While complaining, she plomped herself down on the luxurious sofa near the room entrance. She glared venomouly at me.

"Sometimes I really think the only reason you exist is to get our house into ruin. I'd much rather have a sheet of glass as a brother, at least it wouldn't break apart as easily."

I felt inclined to believe her on that point. I almost would even sympathise with her, were it not for the ridiculous things she just said.

But still I couldn't talk back, the words just didn't leave my throat. The body simply refused. Nonetheless the woman, who calls me her 'brother', keeps on talking without a care in the world.

"A doctor will also come visit. That skin condition is appalling to look at, much less appear in a promininet nobles' house with. Be grateful for that, it's the last gift you'll get from this household."

Every single word that came out of her mouth was coated with a deep seethed hatred. And all I could do was lie down and take it, my only resonse being a dry cough as more strange viscous liquid leaked out.

She just laughed at my pain while I was having a fit, then simply stood up and walked away.

"Have fun rotting away. All your efforts the past year have brought you to this, after all. What kind of idiot creates a new disease and inflicts it on himself? What have we done here to deserve this?"

She rhetorically asked, followed up by slamming the door shut. Well, at least I have some quiet right now.

I stretched my new body a little. Well, '''stretched''', I can still barely fucking move after all.

But I tried moving my arms, moving my legs, ever so slightly. It hurt a lot. The blue liquid was still leaking, but strangely didn't stain the bed.

And so, I tried going further, which is likely a mistake. I tried to get my legs slowly out of the bed. I couldn't just keep staying in there, those people had it out for me.

I kept shifting my body, getting closer and closer to the edge of the bed. It felt miles away, even if the diameter would be closer to around 3 meters.

My legs after a looong time touched the ground. It wasn't too bad actually, not more pain than the usual. I grabbed onto the cabinet beside me and slowly lifted my body, thus far still good. And after many spams of pain and agony, I finally stood up...

I then realized I had no idea where to go, and was scared to go back in.

Ah shit.

I tried to make one step forward, and it felt the same as the moment I got struck by the car before. All I could hope for at this point, after tears welling up in my eyes and screaming out without having a voice to produce sound with, was that the nervous system would simply give in.

17