Chapter 9 Re-edited
265 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 9

---------------------------------------

Returning home, Dan discovered his father was having his afternoon sleep.

Eating lunch at the dining table, Dan returned upstairs and went into his room.

The little kitten was seemingly in deep sleep, hence was left undisturbed.

Deciding to cool off his head and to refresh himself, Dan took a cold bath. Now feeling alive again, Dan decided to use this moment to hit the books early.

The subjects in his curriculum included Mathematics, Foreign Languages, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Literature, Sanskrit, Geography, Political Sciences, History, Economics & Computer Sciences.

He was already very good at Mathematics, Foreign Languages, Physics, Chemistry, Geography, Political Sciences, History, Economics & Computer Sciences. While he needed urgent help in Biology, Literature & Sanskrit.

Deciding to focus on his strong subjects at home, while focusing on his weaker subjects at after school teaching, Dan strived to achieve balanced growth in all subjects.

----------------------------------------------

Time flew by quickly and it was evening already,

[Meow]

The little kitten was awake already and strived for Dan's affection by constantly disturbing him while studying.

The kitten had been largely left alone recently, since Dan had evening sessions with Ankita. Hence the kitten was starved for affection.

As soon as Dan tried to get back to his studies, the kitten would roll around on the desk, rub against his legs, or would try to sit on his lap and observe his homework.

Finally deciding to quit for now, Dan started to mess around with the kitten with full gusto. He tickled her a lot, along with patting her whole body & even raised her up high while spinning around.

While at it, Dan took the little kitten for a shower, which turned out to be very surprising, as he had heard cats hated bathing. But the kitten seemed much more lively in the bath, happily jumping round and refusing to come out.

Now completely clean, the little kitten looked supremely attractive. Although the natives believed that black cats are the harbingers of misfortune, Dan didn't believe any of that.

He absolutely loved the kitten and her cute playful actions, along with her constant need of affection.

He didn't knew why, but he felt some sort of connection had been established between the kitten and himself. Much of it entailed him sensing her mood and her position only.

Dan was very happy, cured from the events of afternoon, and decided it is time to adopt the kitten officially and to give the kitten an official name.

[Hmm... she looks dark like night sky , while also brightening up my dark moments with happiness, so I will call you Moon, ok?]

[Meow!]

Apparently liking her name, Moon snuggled even closer to Dan, yawning heavily.

Deciding to call it a day, Dan put Moon on her makeshift bed, while falling asleep himself.

-------------------------------------------------

Elsewhere, at a secret mansion in the outer areas of the city, Lee Ae-cha was practicing her skills diligently.

Her forehead was full of sweat, her clothes somewhat drenched. She had been practicing for nearly two hours now.

Although she failed to trap the man named Dan, her grand
father did not push her too much, respecting her decision. While he also started to investigate the attacker behind the assassination attempt at the Arena that day.

Thinking of the attacker, Li Kang and the one's who hired such an assassin, her anger surged to the heavens.

Her eyes turned red with fury. Her rage channeled some unknown power from within herself and Ae-cha's sword started to glow with a faint red aura around it.

Getting out of her thoughts, Ae-cha was surprised at this event, when the aura dissipated.

Unable to react for a while, Ae-cha linked the event with Dan's healing power, and excitedly tried to activate the aura again.

From the hilt of the sword, a red aura started to envelop the sword, swirling around it.

Ae-cha resumed her practice, a sizzling sound occurring whenever the sword cut the air.

Unable to contain her excitement, Ae-cha decided to inform her grand father about this event.

------------------------------------------------

The next day,

After completing his morning practice, Dan rushed to his class room, but was somewhat let down, when knowing that both Pushkar and Kancha were on a leave of absence for a long while.

Feeling guilty for possibly breaking Kancha's healthy brain, Dan was unable to concentrate on the classes, wallowing in despair and regret.

-----------------------------------------------

Outside the class,

Neha came out of her 'C' section class, going towards the washroom.

On encountering a fellow girl from section 'A' , Neha decided to enquire,

[Hey Mayu, how has it been lately over in your section?]

Mayu rushed into the cubicle, while answering,

[Just normal. The lectures are pretty boring. Even my boyfriend ditches the classes mostly.]

POOOOOOTT!!

An embarrassing sound came over from the cubicle, causing Neha to inch away as far as possible, as she pinched her nose.

[Oh yeah, how is Dan nowadays?]

Chuckling lightly, Mayu answered,

[Being bullied like usual. Who allowed him to get near our goddess so easily! That guy must learn his place.]

Knowing how crazy the students could be, Neha sighed and asks,

[Stop it now. He only helped me once, you guys shouldn't do such things. He is a well meaning man, you see.]

Coming out from the now smelly cubicle, Mayu washed her hands and said,

[Forget about that freak, why don't you come over to my house today afterschool, it will be a lot of fun I tell you!]

Noticing the weird shine in the eyes of Mayu, Neha put up her guard and declined,

[Sorry, I have to prepare for the college exams already. Have to start early to achieve it.]

Praising Neha highly, Mayu answered,

[How admirable, Neha. I must work hard too!!]

Laughing, Mayu rushed out of the restroom, her expression changing greatly once she was out of Neha's range.

-------------------------------------------

After school, Dan reached the Art club on time.

Surprisingly, after the major shock yesterday, today's session was fairly simple. Ankita just lightly advised him at the tricky portions, while continuing her study of art online.

After an hour passed, Ankita shooed Dan away, returning to her home herself.

------------------------------------------

On the way back home, Dan took a longer route, wanting to sort out his thoughts.

According to his personality, he wished to help as many people as possible. Practically however, it was impossible.

Not only did he have to work hard at studies, for even staying in this city, but also had to practice physically, so that he could be a good match for Neha.

Where would he find the time to do any welfare activities? However his inner conscious still wanted to help the needy, He remembered the plagrised saying,

With great power, comes great duties.

Lost in his thoughts, Dan arrived at an unfamiliar location. Deciding to ask the route to home, he stopped by a convenience store nearby a park & ordered a can of cold cola.

After getting the required information, Dan turned towards the way home, when his vision stopped at a certain event unfolding at the park.

-----------------------------------------------

Chapter 9 End

 

Announcement
Everyone, I did my best to refine the story to make it more effective. I have also worked hard on my skills to make sure I make less mistakes. Please be sure to check my Patreon page since any public release on Scribblehub would be preceded by a public Patreon release by 2-3 days, so I would advise to keeping it checked out. Also if you can, please consider supporting me. All advance chapters can be read on Patreon $3 tier, for all series that I bring up in the future. I am planning on adding some exclusive super R18+ series there, which I dare say would be one of a kind. Also I am soon bringing up a Pokemon fanfic. So I would be very glad to receive your patronage & please visit us again soon!!
7