Chapter 14
141 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 14

-------------------------------------

Quickly walking towards Ae-cha, Dan brought Kanchan along & asked,

[Hello miss. We meet again.]

Opening her eyes, Ae-cha glanced at Dan. Her eyes contained a variety of emotions. She was very glad to see him again. Previously she had given up all hopes of ever meeting him again, but alas he came as soon as she asked.

Looking to the side, Ae-cha noticed a little girl sticking close to the side of Dan. She was a bit surprised at how young the girl was. She wasn't informed much about the girl, and she thought Dan wanted to hide one of his runaway girlfriends.

Kanchan's body became stiff, as a strange sensation took over her body. She clung to Dan's side strongly, while eyeing the woman in front with suspicion.

Looking back at Dan, Ae-cha finally prepared herself and voiced out her concerns,

[Dan, my grandfather and I want you to come with us back to South Korea.]

Kanchan's animosity towards the woman increased up another notch,

(... this woman wants to take brother Dan away! She is too evil!! ...)

Shocked at the sudden request, Dan didn't outright reject it, but asked,

[Why do you say so?]

Looking in the eyes of Dan seriously, Ae-cha replied,

[You remember the day when my grandfather was shot right?]

Nodding his head, Dan replied,

[Yes, I do.]

[He has been searching for the attacker, and a large organization seems to be behind it. They won't back down easily and may target you as well, so we have decided to take today's flight to Korea as soon as possible, while taking you along.]

Surprised, Kanchan decided it was time to interfere,

[Wait, someone wants to kill brother Dan?]

Glancing back at the girl, Ae-cha replied,

[Yes, and we don't have much time. You can come along with us, so please, let's go.]

Surprised at how she was also invited, Kanchan's mood turned much better. Even the evil woman now started to appear much pleasing to her eyes.

After considering Ae-cha's circumstances, Dan finally decided,

[Thank you for informing me Miss. But I want to stay here. The people I love are here in this city, and I can't imagine living without them. You should leave early, since your lives are in danger too. Also, take Kanchan along with you, I don't want any danger to befall her because of me.]

Ae-cha looked at Dan carefully and after seeing the determination in his eyes, she sighed and resigned unwillingly from convincing him.

She also decided to hide the fact that she was confirmed pregnant today. Her grandfather was overjoyed & wanted to hold the marriage ceremony as soon as possible.

But Ae-cha knew about Neha. She knew until he received an answer to his love, she could never have him as a true companion. That was why she called him urgently last night.

His refusal however saddened her. She felt as if she & her child were being abandoned. But making Dan sad and troubled was something she never wanted.

She had realized her feelings for him. They were somewhere between love and obsession, hence she wanted to let him pursue his heart for a bit longer. She was even fine with being a mistress.

However, her resolve was being consumed by her obsessive and possessive desires. She knew she had to make a decision soon, otherwise she may end up doing something disastrous.

Even the thoughts of killing Neha to obtain Dan were surfacing in her head nowadays...

[Okay... I won't control you, but take care of yourself and be careful of your surroundings and the people you trust. Also, note my address, in case you ever need to contact me or change your mind about it.]

[Okay.]

After noting everything down, Dan tried to convince Kanchan to stay with Ae-cha. However Kanchan was unwilling to leave Dan's side.

Tears started to stain her little face.

[Big brother Dan, am I too troublesome for you...]

Reaching out and wiping her face, Dan spoke in a soft voice,

[Of course not, but I don't want you to suffer because of me. Don't worry, when you grow up, you can come find me. We would be friends forever.]

[Really?]

[Yes.]

[Alright! I will become strong and find you back, brother Dan! And then we would stay together forever!]

Hearing the little girl's determination, Dan wondered if he was making a mistake. But to make sure she can go happily, he agreed for now.

A gunshot suddenly rang out in the near empty park, and Dan's group became alert immediately.

A bullet just passed by Ae-cha's side, causing her face to become cramped, she hurriedly took cover behind a tree and estimated the location of the sniper, then decided to march towards it.

Asking Kanchan to hide inside the enclave building, Dan decided to follow Ae-cha, since he would be depending on her in the future for Kanchan, he would have to stay nearby to heal her when required.

Suddenly, Ae-cha executed a flip and extended her sword, blocking the attempt to launch a surprise attack from someone.

Looking at her attacker, from it's build, it appeared to be a female assassin.

Using her skillful sword technique, she forced the weapon out of her attacker's hands.

Ae-cha quickly reversed the situation, causing the shadowy figure to quickly retreat.

Turning around, Ae-cha looked at Dan & spoke,

[Go towards the building to the right of the park, the sniper is probably hiding near the 6th floor, quickly trap him.]

Looking at her departing back, Dan enquired,

[But, what if you get hurt?]

[Don't worry about me, Grandfather would be coming here soon. I have sent him a message. I just need to hold out until then. Just take care of the sniper, quick! go!]

Not wanting to waste anymore time, Dan rushed towards the concerned building, hoping to make it there on time.

--------------------------------------------

After taking some time to navigate around the obstacles, Dan inched towards the sniper location. At the 7th floor building, he noticed the sniper gun aptly arranged, but the sniper was no where in sight.

[He probably escaped after attacking, let's hide this thing some place else.]

Using cloth to avoid finger prints, Dan decided to hide the gun in the water tank on the roof top.

After searching the entire building, he found no suspicious individual, so Dan decided to go near Ae-cha, in case his help was required.

-------------------------------------------

As soon as Dan left, another strike was aimed at Ae-cha's back as the assassin reemerged, but was countered again on time.

Now uncaring about the sniper, Ae-cha displayed her superior sword skills and cornered the attacker, who felt herself to be in trouble.

Her sword mysteriously always targeting the assassin's lethal points, missing only by some distance.

(... damn it, he said the prey is easy, but she is as wild as a leopard... )

Hoping to at least leave some wounds on Ae-cha, the attacker now decides to use feint tactics, attacking with unpredictability.

Ae-cha was somewhat pressured by this, when a gunshot rang again, this time successfully piercing the stomach of Ae-cha.

Deciding to take advantage of this perfect opportunity, the assassin inflicted heavy damage to her. Ae-cha's back was slashed while blood leaked out of her wounds in large amounts. But when her earpiece warned her of incoming danger, the assassin retreated swiftly.

From afar, old man Lee rushed towards the scene, but albeit a bit too late.

[Ae-cha!!]

Quickly bending down and carrying her in his arms, old man Lee checked for the wounds on her body. The gunshot wound was bleeding heavily, and the blade cuts covered a large part of her body.

She was barely even breathing right now.

Opening her eyes a little, looking once towards the panicked face of her grandfather, Ae-cha mumbled something, before her eyes lose luster and her body went limp.

Hugging his granddaughter's body tightly, old man Lee cried tears of blood. He regretted coming here for the tournament. He would never repeat this mistake if he knew they would be targeted like this.

------------------------------------------------------

From afar Dan rushed towards the battleground, where he found old man Lee hugging a heavily bleeding Ae-cha. Noticing her lips losing color, he increased his speed and reached beside her.

Looking for her pulse, he was surprised and disappointed to find none.

Glancing at old man Lee's agony, Dan pondered over something before putting his hands on her head and stomach, praying for the safe departure of the departed. Trying to activate his ability again.

His hands started to release the white aura, covering Ae-cha quickly. The white aura this time denser than ever, he focused on intensifying it even more.

Knowing Dan's reason for doing so, old man Lee went some distance away, to keep them from being disturbed, while glancing at Dan with hopeful eyes, wishing for a miracle.

Dan started to feel the headache coming back, his back became drenched in sweat and his hands started to quiver.

Knowing he might pass out anytime, Dan bit his lips, hoping to stay awake.

After a considerable amount of time, the wounds on Ae-cha started to heal, her throat quivering a little and her body temperature rose again.

Looking at the miracle happening in front of him, old man Lee wanted to make a shrine in this boy's name.

His granddaughter's lifeless body had started to become lively again.

After some more time, unable to handle the burden, Dan collapsed, passing out completely.

Old man Lee checks Ae-cha's condition quickly, discovering her breath to be stable now.

Her pulse was stable now and the bleeding had completely stopped.

Looking at Dan with eyes full of thankfulness, old man Lee decided to make this man part of his family, no matter what the cost.

-----------------------------------------

Kanchan rushed out from her place of hiding, and after discovering Dan in such bad state, she started to cry heavily.

Old man Lee decided to take the three with him to a safe spot, carrying them into his car and drove the car into the unknown.

-------------------------------------------

A drone had been recording and transmitting the images from the fight, causing the viewer to jump off his seat.

[No way! That guy can revive people?! I must have him!! Even if he's dead, his corpse can be investigated to know the source of his power...]

Dialing a number, the man ordered,

[52, I have a new assignment for you. You have 10 days to achieve it. I want someone dead or alive.]

---------------------------------------------------

Chapter 14 End

 

Announcement
Everyone, the previous chapters have been edited by me & some easter eggs are there for your findings. Do comment on what kind of difference did you guys found out. Also I have finished setting up my Patreon, so please be sure to check my Patreon page since any future public release on Scribblehub would be preceded by a public Patreon release by 2-3 days, so I would advise to keeping it checked out. Also if you can, please consider supporting me. All advance chapters can be read on Patreon $3 tier, for all series that I bring up in the future. I am planning on adding some exclusive super R18+ series there, which I dare say would be one of a kind. Also I am soon bringing up a Pokemon fanfic. So I would be very glad to receive your patronage & please visit us again soon!!
3