Chapter 15
160 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you for your kindness everyone. The public Patreon chapter for my other novel 'The Pokemon System' is available for free on my Patreon now. Anyways, Here's the promised chapter. Hope you guys enjoy!

 

 

Chapter 15

---------------------------------------

Arriving at their hideout, old man Lee carried the bodies of Ae-cha and Dan by taking turns and placed them into comfortable positions.

Kanchan tagged along, as she stayed near her brother Dan all the while.

Looking at his collapsed state, she was unable to stop herself from asking,

[Old uncle, will brother Dan be okay?]

Moving over to prepare some food for all of them, old man Lee responded with a smile,

[Of course, nothing can happen to your brother Dan. He will be fine. Here have something to eat.]

Even after taking the food offered by the old man, Kanchan couldn't bear to eat. But Kanchan was unable to control her hunger and regretfully started to chew on it, while still worriedly looking at Dan.

Old man Lee was incredibly curious about this new guest and decided to enquire about her.

[Say, how do you know this young man. Are you his younger sibling?]

Surprised, Kanchan turned towards the old man & answered shyly,

[He is very important to me. Big brother Dan is the only one who treats me nicely. I like him even more than Matar Paneer itself!]

[Murder Punni? What's that?]

[It's a very tasty dish having a strong tangy taste, the gravy is so creamy, it melts in your mouth. It's main component is Panner, an Indian cheese, which is so soft and tasty that.....]

Old man Lee felt like he just opened up the Pandora's box. He wondered how long her description of her favorite food can last.

And after about 20 minutes, his patience ran thin and he excused himself to the bathroom, running away to escape the place and started to prepare dinner instead.

------------------------------------------

When Dan finally woke up, he tried to identify where he was. The unfamiliar ceiling didn't help much either.

Looking to his side, Ae-cha was still asleep. Checking her pulse, he realized she was alive. He could swear to the God that she was dead earlier.

After pondering some more, Dan came across a very horrifying possibility.

[I can revive people? But how can that be? It's no longer just healing itself, but revival... Isn't it unethical to bring back the dead? What about the complications? I am not creating undead right?]

Tons of questions revolve around his head. He had earlier decided not to use his powers recklessly, but he did even more ridiculous stuff instead.

Sighing, he turned to look at Ae-cha's sleeping face as he bowed deeply towards her.

[Forgive me Miss. Due to my incompetence you may have to suffer unknown complications. I don't know if you can even be called a human now, but I am the same as you. I cannot classify myself as a human either anymore.]

Dan became very regretful, he decided that the previous incident would be the last time he would ever do it.

The door opened up and Kanchan discovered him awoken. She went flying straight towards him as she tightly hugged him and smiled widely.

[You're Awake! Brother Dan!!]

Rubbing her head, Dan smiled at her innocence,

[Yes, I am fine. Are you hurt somewhere?]

Shaking her head, Kanchan denied,

[No, I am fine too. Hehe, brother Dan, I won't let you go now~]

Tickling her a lot, Dan rejoiced too. His earlier dark mood vanished as he was reminded of his kitten Moon.

[Oh yeah, let's see how you would not let go of me.]

Looking at both at them playing around, old man Lee smiled pleasantly. He was happy to know that Dan was good with kids. He was going to become a father after all.

He had brought surgeons and doctors to remove the bullet & to examine her body, who replied that Ae-cha & her child both were safe.

The happiness old man Lee felt couldn't be described with just words themselves.

Deciding it to be the right time, he entered the room himself.

[Young man, thank you for saving my granddaughter. You even saved me back then. You are akin to God for me. You are my family's savior. Please come with us back home.]

Shaking his head in denial, Dan refused,

[Sorry, but I cannot go with you. I have to stay here. However my family might be in danger too. I hope you can send them somewhere for sometime as quickly as possible and deliver the tickets to them. You can even use the excuse of World Tour, since they wanted to experience that once. That way, you would help me immensely.]

Old man Lee pondered on his request. He decided to agree in hopes of Dan becoming more favorable to them in the future, and quickly arranged for his request.

-------------------------------------------

After being informed of his parent's departure, Dan prepared to leave, but was stopped by old man Lee.

[Young man, you'll be alone from now on. You need to be able to protect yourself against anything. Listen to my advice and train with me for a few days. You are going to need it badly.]

As he looked into the old man's eyes, Dan could sense unadulterated concern for him, so he agreed reluctantly.

-----------------------------------------

Kanchan hopped around, delighted that she could stay around brother Dan for some more time. However old man Lee soon crushed her hopes as leaving arrangements for both her and Ae-cha were completed.

Kanchan then retaliated by training along with her brother Dan, sticking close to him, feeding him her favorite food, intruding in his bath, along with other things.

Old man Lee never thought that the little child could be so mischievous.

---------------------------------------------

Finally the day to leave came.

Kanchan hugged Dan tightly, unwilling to let go. Dan whispered sweet words to her and promised that he would come visit soon.

Old man Lee then began packing & other preparations. He decided to confirm the Korean doctor's schedule for Ae-cha.

[Report to me when you reach Dr. Young at the first moment.]

[Yes sir.]

Saluting his superior, the subordinate drove towards the private airline port.

Considering Dan's circumstances, Old man Lee sent the unconscious Ae-cha along with Kanchan to South Korea & stayed in India for a while to train Dan more thoroughly.

-----------------------------------------------

5 more days later.

Old man Lee prepared for his own flight. He had been informed that Ae-cha had recovered consciousness, so he quickly abandoned the training session and prepared to leave.

[I swear whoever did this to my granddaughter, hell would be a better place than my claws. Lest I get them in it myself.]

Glaring at the disappearing city back once, old man Lee turned towards the front as he proceeded to leave the country.

---------------------------------------------

Elsewhere

Dan had been eating self made food for the past few days.

His parents contacted him, letting him know that they won a million dollar lottery, which they somehow have no recollection of buying, and were on a complementary world tour.

It would take them at least 2 years to complete it, and they told him that he is already big enough, so they deserved a vacation after all this time.

Dan had no opinions on this, rather he thanked old man Lee for his meticulous planning. The extent of threat on him was still unknown, so he found it much better than being unprepared.

He had been training under old man Lee, who turned out to be a ruthless instructor. He barely caught even 4 hours of sleep everyday, as he would be attacked by him anytime, even while sleeping.

Thankfully his sword techniques saw a tremendous rise. Learning under a world champion certainly had it's perks.

His agility also got a big boost, thinking now he can take on any assassin whatsoever, well, given that he had a sword with him in the first place.

On hand to hand combat skills, he was only taught the basics, none of the advanced stuff, as there wasn't much time.

He also came to know that Ae-cha had recovered, which gave him mixed feelings. She even called him & thanked him for saving her.

She also requested for him to come to South Korea, as Kanchan missed him a lot, but Dan refused each time. He was happy she didn't die, but was also scared about the hidden consequences such resurrection could have.

He still couldn't come to terms with reviving the dead. He didn't want to interfere in the cycle of life and death, but fate forced him to anyways.

After he finished his breakfast, he dressed up and left for school. It had been many days since he disappeared without notice, so he estimated he would get chewed on by the teachers, at the very least.

---------------------------------------------

Chapter 15 End

4