Chapter 16
90 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 16

A/N: I am extremely thankful to all my readers to have supported me so far. From the start, your positive encouragement has helped me become better with time & I would be very thankful to receive your support going forward as I try to learn the intricacies of having the fun time writing.

---------------------------------------

Entering the school grounds, Dan noticed the other students pointing fingers at him.

He got a bad feeling in his heart, when a teacher noticed him and sent him to the principal's office.

He was informed that due to his improper conduct and neglect of studies, the school board has decided to expel him a few days ago, and he was given his expulsion letter along with other school documents.

Dan tried his hardest in trying to convince them, but they were adamant on their decision.

Leaving the office, Dan walked aimlessly. He found himself standing near Neha's classroom, but he was unable to spot her.

After being driven away again, Dan headed towards the library.

He wanted to think things through and decide what to do now.

[I can't see Neha anymore... How can I live on anymore... Haa...]

Holding his head on the table, he was tormented by the feeling of heartbreak and heaviness of separation from his love.

At this moment, a huge explosion sounded out from nearby, prompting Dan to seek shelter.

He was frightened by the sound of it, when he realized that the explosion sound came from the classroom area.

Fearing Neha being in a state of emergency need, Dan rushed towards the education block.

The students were scurrying away from the building, while Dan ran towards it. He didn't spot Neha among the escapees. Fearing the worst, Dan quickly ran towards section C.

However the path is obstructed by rubble.

[Help me... someone...]

Noticing the sound, he moved across & spotted Neha. She was trapped within the debris, calling out for help weakly. She was being constantly stepped on by the escaping students, dirtying her uniform badly with footprints.

Quickly reaching towards her, Dan checked her pulse and quickly removed the debris over from her.

[I'm here Neha. You will be alright.]

Pulling her out, Dan noticed her broken arms and her severely bleeding body.

Not wasting any time, he quickly started to heal her. The white aura enveloped her & her condition started to stabilize.

Regaining her consciousness, Neha was surprised to see Dan near her. She remembered being abandoned and being stepped on. And now Dan was near her. She heard that he was expelled, so she didn't think he would brave the risks and come to save her.

Her heart started to beat quickly, realizing that she was very lucky to have someone like him.

Feeling her body healing, Neha tried to stand up, when she noticed someone standing behind Dan holding a weapon.

Startled, her survival instincts kick in, as she pushed Dan away & started to run away from the place, alone.

Puzzled, Dan wondered what had caused Neha to panic like that, when his skull felt a huge splitting pain from behind, making him black out.

-------------------------------------------

Checking the boy's condition, 52 realized that he was still alive. He smashed the iron rod over his head many times, until he was certain that the boy was dead.

He had recorded the boy using his power, and secured his dead body. Mission complete.

Packing the body in a bag, he swiftly carried it along a pre determined escape route.

-------------------------------------------

The fire department arrived to put out the fire and to rescue the trapped ones. After tallying the students they found 26 students and 3 teachers dead, while many injured ones were taken to the hospital.

The government declared this as an act of terrorism and the case was quickly closed to avoid bad publicity.

Dan had disappeared from the face of Earth. Sadly no one knew of his demise.

------------------------------------------

52 contacted his boss after securely shipping the body.

[Boss, the assignment is completed. I hope the reward would be generous.]

[You can be sure it will. Go into hiding and erase all your tracks. Do not get traced, got it.]

[Yes sir.]

Ending the call, 52 booked another assignment and swiftly left the country.

-------------------------------------------

5 days later.

Dan's body was now inside a morgue. The chest had been split up, cranium cut open, muscles visible all over the body. Blood was absent from the body as the leftover skin color was as pale as it could be.

The morgue had closed for the day, and the unknown cadavers were kept here.

The samples required by the boss had been analyzed but they were unable to discover any anomaly.

Now his body had been abandoned in this morgue, to be dissected into pieces and to be erased from it's existence.

It was at that moment, a black colored aura started to appear and pulsate on the cadaver surface.

The black aura enveloped the entire body, rejuvenating it. The cuts started to join up. The decaying mass started to freshen up. The veins started to have blood in it again. At last the eyes themselves regenerated and the body resumed it's state as good as when it was alive.

After some more time, the eye lids of the body fluttered.

Sitting up, the unfamiliar place scared the man. He jumped out and put on some discarded clothes and started to escape the building.

After running quite some distance away, the man glanced back in fear of any one trailing him.

Hiding in an alley, he sat down. He wondered where he was. Then he was shocked to discover that he did not even know his own name.

[Who am I? Why do I not have any memories? What happened to me?]

Wallowing in despair, the man has no idea where to go. He was all alone in this cold & cruel world.

---------------------------------------------

In the morning, the boy had reached some distance away from his place of supposed captivity.

Feeling a pang of hunger, he searched among the garbage cans, eating any leftovers he could find.

As he moved on to search for more, he was stopped by someone.

[Hey there fellow. You seem to need some help. Come in if you would like to work here. The work is easy and you don't need to be highly educated.]

The man inviting him looked short and had a beer belly. Seemingly in his 60's, the man had a harmless smile on his face.

Sensing no malice, the man agreed and entered the shop. The interior was that of a bar club. It was early morning hours, so there were no customers present.

The shop banner read 'Goa Night Club'

The old man patted his back and asked the boy,

[Hey, what are you called?]

Panicking, the boy looked over the place, hoping to recall something, when he glanced at a display board spelling 'Greed is a virtue.'

Deciding on his name, he answered,

[Greed. My name is Greed.]

----------------------------------------------

Chapter 16 End

A/N: I did say this series would never be abandoned, right?

 

1