Chapter 6
244 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up in the middle of the night due to some noises, if this dorm is haunted I'm definitely moving on. No way am I going to stay here when there's a ghost here. 

I got up from my bed groggily since I wanted to rest and started walking around the hallways.

Walking past multiple rooms, I heard 2 voices.  It belonged to Soma and Isshiki ,

"Allow me to introduce myself."

"Huh"

"I'm Isshiki Satoshi, the seventh seat of the Elite 10."

"Wait."

I don't think I should be listening to this so I just walked past and acted like I didn't hear anything. 

The Elite Ten, I wonder what kind of people they are. Cruel, nice, or maybe evil. A questioned suddenly entered my mind,

Do I want to enter the Elite Ten? 

Competition doesn't sound nice, people lose and they get sad but it's natural.

I can't always be kind, just like what my mother did. 

One day, I'll beat her in cooking and replace her. It's her fault I became like this, after everything she did to me. 

Pushing those thoughts away, I realized I was in front of my room. 

I entered it and a breeze struck me, now I really think there's a ghost in here. 

Laying back in bed, I brought back those thoughts.

The Elite Ten, they're people right below the director. I'll compete for it, just not now. I'll let my so called kindness take over me and let my plan start.

After all, there's no need to rush.

Soon enough, I drifted back into my sleep.

.

.

Walking with everyone in the halls, Soma was sitting in a chair waiting for us. 

"It's time for a cook off Isshiki-senpai." said Soma.

Cook off?

"..."

We all walked away and sat in another table.

"I'm starving."

"Where's breakfast Fumio-san?"

"Shut up and wait! Breakfast is going to be ready soon." said Fumio-san.

"Sorry Soma-kun, I never explained how challenges work." said Isshiki.

Hmm? That caught my attention. 

"It's called a Shogukegi. There are several rules, because you wish to challenge my seventh seat, you must wager something in equal value. Since it's the seventh sea we're talking about, not even your expulsion will be enough." said Isshiki.

"Ehhhh?" said Soma. 

"Indeed, a spot in the Elite Ten is worth more than that. After all, they are the highest decision making body in the entire academy. Not even instructors can oppose what they decide." said Fumio-san.

That's interesting, if I take the number one spot, I wonder what decision I'll change. 

"In the past, this dorm used to produce several Elite Ten members every year. It was the golden age of Polar Star, in comparison you lot are pathetic." said Fumio-san.

I wonder how good can they cook, what type of recipes they have. Maybe I should take theirs and make it even better?

"Not that talk again, Fumio-san." said Yoshino. 

"Anyway, we could go through with it if I choose to accept you wager, but I don't want you to leave the academy. So in conclusion, there will be no cook off." said Isshiki. 

"I see, I even woke up so early too." groaned Soma.

"What about you Miku, are you thinking about a spot for the Elite Ten?" asked Fumio-san.

Then suddenly all eyes were on me.

"Are you going to aim for the tenth spot?"

"Ninth?"

"Eighth?

"Shut up! Let her answer." said Fumio-san.

"Probably not, I don't like to compete in those stuff. If the person loses, they'll be sad and I don't want that." I said.

'Liar' said my mom in my head.

I mentally shook  my head letting the voice leave my head. 

"That's just like her." said Soma. 

'Aim for the top, after all I raised you to be like that.' said my mom in my head. 

I shook the voice away gain, I didn't want to hear it. 

"Remember, you can't always do what you want." said Isshiki.

"There's 3 things you need for an official cook off. First, official certification that you've made a formal challenge. Second, an odd number of judges. Third, an agreement between the contestants about the conditions of the challenge."

"Those need to be all met and valid in order to make a formal challenge. If you meet those 3, you can challenge anyone in the academy."

"All those who oppose you, will be struck down through your cooking.  Remember this is called a Shogukeki." said Isshiki. 

.

.

Soon enough, class had ended. Thank goodness I ate some of my pre-made food. I would've starved if I had forgot to make the food yesterday. 

I was walking back to my room when I saw my dorm mates doing something outside. 

When I entered, it was an entire farm. There was a figure in a naked apron gardening, yeah there was no way I was dealing with any of that.

I walked back into the dorm and went into the kitchen.

Bringing out several ingredients, I started to make my dish.

Taking out the ingredients, I got to work.

This meal was easy for me, I had made this millions of times and perfected it to the best. It could rival the best chefs in the world even if this dish was simple. 

In a matter of 30 minutes, the dish was already finished.

Looking around, nobody was here and it was only me.

Taking a bite, all of the 5 spices with the chicken entered my mouth.

The five spices were cinnamon, fennel, cloves, star anise, and white pepper. 

It's called the 5 Spice Sheet Pan Meal, perfected it to perfectiom.

I poured half of it onto a bowl and quickly finished it.

Taking out a note and writing my name on it, I placed it onto the wrapper that covered my meal. 

I was going to eat it later after all.

And right before I could go back into my room, I was pulled by a certain blue haired girl.

 

11