Chapter 8
224 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This was going to be a long day. 

A guy with a lazy expression and a headband came in followed by a guy that looked like a noble.

"That's Ryo Kurokiba with the headband and the other member is Kyoichi Makime." said Alice.

"i'm Miku Hatsune, nice to meet you too." I said.

""Nice to meet you too."" they both replied.

"Now then, let's do something fun!" said Alice.

I didn't like where this was going. 

"A cook off between my assistant Ryo and our newest member!" said Alice.

Yep, I already don't like it here.

"Why?" asked Ryo.

"Well we do have to see if our newest member's skill is up to our standards." said Alice.

That annoyed me a little, my cooking could easily beat yours.

"No, we don't have ingredients and we left all our equipment in the kitchen." said Ryo. 

"Mhm, remember you asked us to work on our recipes?" asked Makime

"Oops, it seems like there will be no cook off." said Alice with a small trace of disappointment.

Did she really want to see my skills?

"Well who cares? Welcome Miku for officially joining our club." said Alice.

"Thank you." I replied and bowed.

They all went to do their own thing but Alice stayed.

"Do you need something?" I asked.

"No, it's just that...I would've really liked to see your cooking." Alice whispered into my ear and walked away.

What was that?

Looking at the time, I realized Soma had asked me for lunch earlier.

Crap.

I started speed walking down the hallways when I passed by a familiar person.

I immediately recognized her, memories entered my head again.

(12 year old Miku)

"You're cooking is just bad." said the red haired girl

"No it's not!" I replied.

"Then why did the teacher pick my cooking huh?" asked the red haired girl.

I couldn't say anything, it was the teacher's fault for not explaining what type of food we had to do. We had to cook reptile meat and I never learned any of that. Even if I didn't know, I tried and it came out well but there was another girl who specialized in reptiles. 

From that day on when I lost, my mother forced me to learn how to cook reptile foods until my hands had bruises. It was all her fault, yes this girl.

Rindo Kobayashi.

(Flashback end)

I walked pass her not giving her a single glance, I wasn't the type to hold grudges but she called my cooking bad. 

So she was in this school too, I'll definitely beat her but for now.

It's lunch time and I'm hungry.

Seriously where was this guy?

Asking me for lunch yet he's nowhere here.

BANG!

There was a loud sound next door and a short blonde hair girl came out of the room.

Hmm? Let me find out Soma got in trouble again.

I walked over and yep, there were papers on the ground and 3 people in the room.

"Soma, you didn't make trouble again right?" I asked.

"Oh Miku! Well uh...haha." muttered Soma rubbing the back of his nape.

"Hmm?" I asked. 

"I have a cook off in 3 days." said Soma.

"With the short blonde hair girl?" I asked.

"Oh? You know her?" asked Soma.

"Well she just walked out of the room."

"And you asked me for lunch yet you're here making trouble." I said.

"Ha....gomen..." muttered Soma.

Sigh, still the same as ever. 

.

.

I was currently in the club room with Alice staring at me with puppy eyes added with small tears threatening to fall.

A deadly combination.

"Pleaseeeee Mikuuuuuuuu."

"Noooooo, why?"

"Cause I'm hungry." pouted Alice.

"Why do I have to cook your food?" I asked.

"Hmph, I heard you were nice from Soma and look at you." said Alice.

She knows Soma?

"That's cause I'm a bit stressed." I said.

"Then let the cooking refresh you." said Alice with a smile. 

I thought about it for a moment and the idea seemed like it would work.

"Fine but I'm making my own dish." I said.

"That's fine!" said Alice sitting on a chair.

I opened my bag and looked at the ingredients.

The dish will be a Dragon Roll, thank goodness I prepared some rice with vinegar earlier.

Taking out the shrimp tempura, I placed it in the oven for 20 minutes. Moving onto the avocado, I cut in small thing circles and placed it in a small bowl. Next was the cucumber, cutting it up in smaller pieces was a bit difficult but with my accuracy, this was easy. 

After finishing all the ingredients needed, 20 minutes had passed. I took out the nori and placed the rice mixed with the shrimp tempura. Placing the avocado, cucumber, I wrapped them all up.

The Dragon Roll was now finished in a span of less than an hour.

"Here's your dish." I said.

Placing the dish in front of her, she took a piece.

Before she even finished swallowing the first piece, she took another piece and put it in her mouth.

"This is so delicious!" said Alice with food in her mouth.

"Don't eat with your mouth full." I said.

In a matter of 5 minutes, Alice was slumped onto the chair rubbing her belly.

"You should cook for me more often, your food is delicious." said Alice.

"No thank you, I don't cook for anybody." I replied.

"You should join the Elite Ten." said Alice out of nowhere.

"Hmm?" I asked.

"I feel like you'd be unrivaled if you were to join the Elite Ten." said Alice.

How many times were people going to mention the Elite Ten in front of me?

"Though wouldn't I have to challenge someone to enter?" I asked.

"Of course, if you're the better cook then it's only right you take their spot." said Alice.

"Eh, I'll think about it." I replied.

"You should but you shouldn't worry about others that much." said Alice.

I walked out of the room and started heading towards the dorm.

'You shouldn't worry about others that much.'

Troublesome.

 

 

10