Chapter 2: The Elder
230 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" HAH!"

Fate breathed in a deep breath and stared at the sky.

' Where am I? Is that the sky? I am supposed to be in my realm.'

Fate wondered why he was not in the silver realm where he normally resided while he laid on the soft ground. He felt the ground beneath him with his hands.

' Grass?'

" Hey, little god! Get up! I am not going to sit here all day waiting for you to get up. I have more interesting things to do."

Fate was knocked out of his confusion immediately. Sitting up, he glanced around until he found the source of the voice. An old man entered his vision, he was wearing a red polo shirt and beige pants with an expression on his face that clearly signified that he was annoyed.

' Unacceptable! How can a mortal talk to me, a god, with such a rude tone! Me! And that face!'

" What is it little mortal! I am Fate! Prostrate yourself before me and I might spare your descendants."

The old man's expression shifted into something like confusion, which then turned into a small smile like he was amused with Fate's statement.

" Ahhh... It seems you don't know who I am. You really are a little god. Or rather young god."

" Actually, child. I am more divine than you are. I am an Elder."

The last word carried a sort of power that made Fate flinch. Fate stood up unsteadily, never once letting the old man leave his sight.

" Hey, old man, I don't know what you are talking about, but I have decided to quickly smite you. I have something I need to check."

Fate extended an arm towards the general direction of the old man and turned his back to return to his realm.

" Overconfident much? You did not even confirm the results of your so called 'smiting'."

This startled Fate. He turned around only to see that the old man was unscathed. Not only unscathed, but it also seemed that his lightning attack did not fire at all.

Fate stuck out his hand again, concentrating on firing of his divine power. Only to find that there was none. He looked at his hands incredulously.

' Huh? My divine power is gone. No. No! This must be a trick! This guy must be some hypnosis god or something.'

" Very funny! Hypnosis god or Illusion god, which ever you are. You better stop it now or I will cut of your fate. I am a god of fate. When I attacked seriously, even a god will die."

The old man's smile was getting wider by the second. He seemed to be absolutely tickled by the puny god's antics.

" Annnddd... there you have it. That must be why you are before me. You tried to read your own fate didn't you. "

" Hmph, hmm... HAHAHA hahaha! Man, I can't believe it. The rules I set out; what 2 million revolutions ago finally got someone! I thought it would never happen!"

Fate, who was more confused than ever just continued to stare at the old-

" My name is Sadra. Like I said before, I am an Elder. No, I am the Elder of this universe. Do you know what that means, little spirit?"

" Huh? Spirit?"

" Yes spirit, look at yourself. You are dead."

Fate looked down at his- his hands where gone. So were his legs and everything. Everything was gone. He was just a bobbling silver spirit.

" Oh, you lost your shape. Here thought you were strong. Hmm... still have colour huh. A pretty silver colour as well. Quite bright too!"

Fate could not do anything but stay put.

' I can't move. Why? I can't really be dead, can I?'

" Anyway, I am the creator of this universe. That is what an Elder is. The creator of a universe or plural universes. Obviously, as the creator I need to set rules so that my creations do not go overboard and try to blow themselves up. You, Fate, have broken one of the taboos of this universe. You tried to see the fate of an immortal. Your own. That triggered the system which basically... Hmm... Smote you."

At this point, all Fate was doing was trying his best to run away, float away even.

Fear flowed through his mind like a rushing current. Something he has not felt for 1000 years.

" Well! Funs over, I guess. I shall decide your sentence. Hmm... Nah, just go to Hell like how all souls are supposed to."

And reality faded away.

7