Chapter 4: Hell Part 2
176 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" Ahhhh... Finally! 9958! Alright, I should have some time before the deadline. Damn! I can't believe she did this to me. Stupid boss."

Getting up, the tired hell god walked out of his office. 

" A little walk around the block should get me going. Might even find some inspiration for the rest of the 42 archetypes." 


Done with his walk, the god finds his office door open. A pungent yet familiar smell coming from within his office.

Hmm? A stray evil spirit seems to have wandered into my office. 

Unconcerned, the man strolled into his room only to see exactly what he had expected to see. A stray evil spirit was sitting in his chair, fiddling with his computer.

" Come little spirit, I am the former God of Fate. Come here and help me reincarnate into a world. I will reward you when I return to godhood."

The spirit informed the god. 

Huh, why is the spirit telling me to do things?

" *Sigh* Alright, mister former god, my name is Quentin. If you would, could you stand in that corner right there and wait. I need to finish my work. I will listen to your demands after I am done. I will even lead you back to hell and tell them to lessen your punishment, whatever it may be. "

Quentin gestured to a corner of his office. Without waiting for the spirit to move. He walked over to his computer, obviously worried about what the spirit had done on his computer while he was away. Glancing at the computer's screen, Quentin found that it was now on its home screen. He proceeded to do what a person who does not save their work does. Check if his tabs are still open.

When he not greeted with his tabs, he turned to the spirit with a strained smile plastered to his face.

" Hey, did you save?"

" Save what?"

" The files."

" Ah, you mean the thousands of tabs that were open? Of course not! I deleted all of them. It took a while too. You should really be more organised and keep fewer tabs open. Besides, we are getting off-topic. Quickly, reincarnate me into Lestar. I want to be... Epp!?"

Quentin grabbed the poor spirit's shoulder.

Hard.

A very wide smile was now plastered on the poor hell god's face, the blood vessels on his face were throbbing. He was not smiling because he was happy. No, not at all. For the first time in 10 years, H felt an emotion that was not boredom.

Anger.

" Hey, little spirit. How about this. I am about to offer you two very reasonable options.

Option 1: Soul destruction.

Why? For wasting my time. Deleting the work that I have been working on for 10 years. The work that I was very close to completing.

Option 2: You do my work. Create archetypes for 10000 new species' within 2 years. In addition, I will give you one lash with my soul whip for every second that is not spent creating archetypes."

The spirit seemed to whimper at Quentin's statement.

" Of course, you only get one chance to choose which option you want. Choose option 1 and you will get a quick but excruciating release. Choose option 2, then you will endure constant whipping for 2 years. But you will get to live- No. You will get to keep your existence. How is that for a deal? Hmm?"

" I, I... I will take option 2."

" Where is your please?"

" P, please."

" Good. Now get to work."

A wooden chair materialises next to the chair that was occupied by the spirit. Quentin sat down in the chair with a seemingly gentle smile on his face. A whip that also seemed to have materialised out of the air was in his hands.

" You know, little spirit. It has been 10 years since I last had some fun torturing souls. I am actually quite happy that you picked option 2. I have been itching to do anything else but work for a while now. I guess, I really needed a break. Huh?"

The spirit. Having taken the hell god's words seriously had already started working and did not answer the god.

" Ah, what is your name?"

...

Quentin whipped the spirit, looking for the answer to his question.

" ARGHHH!"

With a very wide grin on his face, Quentin asked the spirit again. 

" M, my name- is Fate."

Though less than a whisper through whimpers, the hell god was satisfied.

7