Chapter 5: Reincarnation
191 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Why? Why me?

It has been nearly 2 years since Fate made a deal with the devil-- No, hell god Quentin. He has been lashed an uncountable number of times. Each strike to his ethereal body was akin to having his entire body burned with fire.

A little bit more. The promised 2 years are almost up. I have not only completed the 10000 new species, but also 2000 more in addition.

Although Fate has been tormented for these 2 years, he still stubbornly clung to his pride as a former god. Refusing to give in to the mind rending pain, he instead focused on pleasing his sadistic master. The key to this was proper shrieks of pain when necessary and working diligently. Sure, the screaming wasn't really difficult to do. But working hard sure was. 

" Okay, Fate. You need to stop now. Let's see your work."

Throughout the 2 years, Quentin has never once looked at the quality of Fate's work.

" Oho, you did extra work it seems. Good job!"

As if to show his appreciation, Quentin pats the poor flickering spirit on his back.

" Sir Quentin, if you would. I have a request."

Fate promptly removed himself from the chair that he has been sitting in of r 2 years and prostrated himself on the floor.

" Hmm? A request? Fine! If you call me master and bark like the bitch you are I will hear out your request."

As one could imagine, the hell god was very amused with this situation. After all, he has never had a subordinate.

There was a long pause as Fate's mind waged war upon itself. Finally, desperation won over his pride.

" Ma-- Master would, would you listen to this lowly bitch's request?"

" We... WHang!"

" Oh wow! That bark was super creepy. Don't do that again."

...

" Um... Master my--"

" Ah yes. Your request. That creepy bark really grossed me out, so I kinda forgot for a second there."

Quentin sat up slightly straighter and cleared his throat.

" Ahem! So what do you want?"

Looking up slightly from his position on the floor, Fate answered with a whisper.

" I would like to be reincarnated, Master."

" Ah, so you are still gunning for that. Okay, I will allow it. As a reward for your extra work, I will allow you two options."

" Option 1: I can let you reincarnated into a random world as a random creature, without your memories.

Option 2: Take 50, no, 51 lashes with this whip to clear the rest of the negative karma still in your soul. Then, I will allow you to choose a race from the 12000 species you created. You are to be reincarnated into a world named 'Narva'. I will allow you to keep your memories too as an extra."

" How about that, hmm?"

This made Fate think long and hard. For most, it would have been a no brainer. Tank the whip. Take the best chance to be reincarnated into a bloodline that is closest to being a god and go with it. Getting to keep his memories was no meagre extra. No, he counted on it. There was no point if he didn't keep his memories. However, 51 lashes with that soul whip... It may just break him. Even now, Fate felt like taking the soul destruction option that was an obvious third option, just to escape the continuous searing pain. 

" I would like to take option 2, master."

" Fine, let us get started."

Then, started the longest most painful 5 minutes of Fate's life.


" Ughh..."

It burns... Everything is burning.

I sharp voice pierced through Fate's 'Burning' causing him to snap to attention.

" Hurry up and pick you're desired race!"

Fate thought hard and finally decided not to think.

" Master! Please, pick for me. I do  not know which race is best."

If Fate's mind was not currently in shambles, he may have realised that asking his tormentor to decide his future wasn't the best choice.

" And why would you let me do that?"

So, said the hell god.

" I trust you master!"

This was a lie made by Fate's mind, for Fate's mind to cope with trying to cope too hard.

" GOOD! Now. I will give you 4 choices to pick from. Here take this tablet."

Quentin hands a tablet to the spirit who was still kneeling on the floor.

Race:

Attributes

Chalathus Cat None
Lesser Paimus Air
Lesser Kraknus Water
Maipine Poison

" So! How are the choices!?"

" Um... Master? Why are the races all rank 1?"

" Because if I were to stuff you into any race higher then rank 1, you soul would shatter."

" Then master! Which do you recommend out of these 4?"

" The cat."

" Then master! Please reincarnate me as a Chalathus Cat."

Fate would soon regret his choices. But that is not until much later.

Following these words, Quentin snaped his fingers and gave Fate the ticket that materialised in his hands.

" Come follow me, Fate."

7