Side story 2
143 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Boo! 

Second side story! This one contains information about the adventurers of the outside world.

" Hey, Jake! It is my shift now. Go get some rest. I left some food in the staff room for you."

The slender male elf, wearing glasses, was, as usual, sitting at the reception desk waiting for any of the rowdy adventurers in front of him to come to him requesting quest information. Jake turned towards the voice and saw Elaine standing there keeping the door behind him open, seemingly waiting for him to leave. Feelings of gratitude and relief flooded the poor overworked elf as he stood up. He gave his co-worker, Elaine, a nod and left the reception area.

Elaine sighed and worked up her usual professional smile. It was time to start yet another day of work. As a receptionist at the local branch of the "Adventurer's Guild". She had to keep a polite smile at all times lest she wants her head to be blown off by an offended adventurer.

If you think adventuring and killing monsters was hard. Try working as a receptionist at an Adventurer's Guild.

Fortunately, as a female receptionist, she is well-liked by the local adventurers who see her every day. When foreign adventurers try to flirt with or bully her, the local ones will step in to distract them while she makes her escape. Unlike Jake, who takes the full brunt of the pain, most days, she actually enjoys her job. Be it giving precise info to her favourite adventurers or sending annoying pests to their doom. 

Most days, that is.

Today, however, is not one of those days. An S rank adventurer is expected to come to town today. Adventurers are ranked from worst to best by, rank E, D, C, B, A and S. S rank being the highest rank an adventurer can achieve. Being relatively new to the job, Elaine does not know what to expect from an S rank adventurer. They are said to be able to destroy mountains and uproot entire forests on their own. There was no doubt about it. She was nervous. 

As Elaine sat down on the chair at the reception, a commotion sprung up outside the guild. All the adventurers flocked out to take a peek. 

While curious, Elaine was not supposed to leave her workstation and hence continued to sit in place. She asked her co-worker, Tama, who was seated about a meter away, about the commotion.

" Hey, Tama! What's going on outside?"

" Oh, Elaine. It seems like the S rank adventurer has arrived."

Elaine immediately began to sweat bullets.

" He is here alre-"

Suddenly, a heavy presence swept into the guild. Elaine snapped her head in the direction of the door in an instant. The moment the man stepped into the guild, Elaine froze in fear. Heat rose to her face as she felt her pants become hot and wet. Tears began to form in the corners of her eyes as she watched the tall man with two swords sheathed on his back walk towards her.

She had peed herself merely from being in his presence. The man, Yamu the Twin Sword, was known to be level 203. A whole 10 times higher level than Elaine.

Needless to say, having peed herself, she did the only other thing she could do.

Her eyes rolled up into her head and she fainted.

No fights yet in the next 5 chapters. I think. There will be some foreshadowing though!

6