Chapter 53: Almighty Key
4.1k 13 209
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a room where a low, classical tune flowed. An elegant painting and a massive television adorned the pristine white wall. Two curved couches were placed opposite each other, respectively occupied by Semiramis and Artoria.

The black-haired Queen was sipping coffee from a mug while appreciating each tone of the music with her eyes closed. Her entire posture relaxed in the comfort of the fluffy couch.

The blonde girl was sitting with Avalon on her lap. Her expressionless eyes were observing each of Semiramis’s movements. She reached her limit in a couple of minutes and voiced out her concern.

“Did you talk with him?”

Haruki had requested her strength in dealing with Zouken. She had to ask Semiramis to relay her question if they were still going to do it.

‘I hope he isn’t too angry.’

“My, what’s the rush?” Semiramis took another sip and smiled. “He is sleeping. I won’t lie, Artoria. My master sounded disappointed in you.”

Artoria clenched her fists. It was only natural for him to be disappointed. Not only did she reject his order, but she also questioned his honor. She wouldn’t be surprised if was punished for this.

Semiramis felt Artoria’s anxiety and covered her mouth with her hand to hide her smile. She could read Artoria’s thoughts without putting in any effort.

‘I’m so glad he summoned Artoria.’

Easy to read, easy to manipulate, and easy to please. She was the perfect servant she never knew she needed.

‘I’ll ask my master to keep her after the war.’

Artoria’s wish didn’t matter to her. With how naive Artoria was, Semiramis doubted her wish was anything other than saving her kingdom. That could change depending on how Artoria and Haruki’s relationship progressed. The King of Knights or a modern, unknown dragon?

‘My master won’t lose.’

He could give her, a veteran, compulsions to submit her entire being to his cause. How could a naive king stand up to that man?

“Did he tell you about his wish yet?”

Artoria clenched her fists and looked down. “He didn’t,” she replied with a shake of her head. “We lacked the time to have a proper talk.”

She wouldn’t usually bother with trivial matters, but the origins of Haruki’s race had long raised numerous questions in her mind. Vortigern should be the last dragon in the Age of Humans. Where did her master come from nearly identical magical energy?

“All my master wishes is the resurrection of his mother.”

Artoria raised her brows in surprise. “Resurrection is possible?”

She didn’t have much knowledge about magecraft. Neither did she know of the Holy Grail’s limitations.

“His mother’s soul is still lingering around him. A soul with memories and experience intact.”

“That’s… not normal. Master’s wish is selfish...” She was of the mindset that the dead shouldn’t be disturbed and never be brought back. “It’s not my place to judge his wishes.”

He had earned his place in the war. It was better to use his wish on his mother rather than doing something evil.

“Indeed so. You see, our master is a selfish man instead of a selfless king like you. You must have seen numerous men like him in your life. Answer me, what do men like him seek?” Semiramis trailed off her question with a grin. 

Artoria felt an aura similar to Morgan around Semiramis. Sharpening her eyes, Artoria maintained silence rather than falling into Semiramis’s trap.

“Pleasure,” Semiramis answered her question. “Selfish men are synonymous with the word ‘pleasure.’ I gave my advice. The rest is up to you. Whether you earn his forgiveness or earn his wrath, I shall not interfere.”

Semiramis put down her mug and walked out of the room, her black dress trailing her.

‘Let’s see how my master will react to this situation now. Will he be a scum who takes advantage of a naive woman… or a fool who lets this opportunity slip by?’

She didn’t want Haruki to be any of these. She looked forward to the results as she expected more from her master.

Meanwhile, Artoria gazed at the stars outside the window, her eyes solemn.

“Pleasure.”

She wasn’t unknown to pleasure, especially a man’s. After all, Merlin had turned her into a pseudo-male once as an experiment. It was all done for the time she had to back down from her duty.

She looked at her emotionless face in the glass. “Who would even be interested in this worthless body?”

***

The next morning came, and Haruki’s biological clock woke him up. Medea was glued to him in her brassiere and panties, her face buried in his chest. Well, it was a lot better than waking up alone.

Noble Phantasm: Right Hand - Evil Eater incorporated.

Skills accepted - 2

Skills rejected - 1

Overall compatibility - 66.6%

Skill acquired: Almighty Key

-Almighty Key [A]

Info: Creates a link to every Thaumaturgy Foundation carved in the world.

Skill acquired: Precognition

-Precognition [D]

Info: Gives insights into the future based on your knowledge regarding certain events.

Dragon Blood Authority rejected Eternal Youth skill

‘It’s better this way.’

Stopping the growth would be a pain at this stage. As he tried to get a feel of his new Noble Phantasm, two shackles of crimson runes appeared around his wrist. The vague crimson runes reached his forearm. The knowledge of all magecraft spells flowed into his head. His brain simultaneously comprehended each spell with almost zero delays.

Alchemy, Black Magic, Astrology, Kabbalah, Runes, Necromancy, Onmyoudou, Jewel Magecraft, Healing Magecraft, Hojoutsu—the art of slaying demons, even the holy scriptures used by the Holy Church. The Almighty Key connected him to every Thaumaturgical Foundation. Simply put, he obtained the master key to access the Magecraft System carved into the world by every school of Magecraft. Every magecraft spell that could be invoked without Mystery was at his disposal.

“This is phenomenal.”

He would discard the normal magecraft after learning Ancient Greek from Medea. The knowledge still had immense use for him, giving him an advantage over the mages.

“Morning, Haru. You got a new toy.”

Haruki instinctively turned to the door.

“I can’t be there,” Kaede whispered. “Haru… you know it.”

She seemed down, so he deactivated the Almighty Key and cheered her up with a couple of sweet words. The movements roused Medea from her sleep.

“Haruki-sama, good… morning.”

She was sluggish after a long, relaxing sleep—something she hadn’t experienced under the command of her previous master.

“Ready to teach me?”

“Yes, of course. Let me wear something—”

“Don’t.” Haruki crashed into her lap and rubbed his cheeks against her silky thighs. “You can start now.”

Medea blushed at his spoiled behavior. “How will you learn anything like this?”

Favorite if you liked it!

209