Chapter 61: Medusa’s choice
3.4k 7 188
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Haruki returned to Medusa, whose body was slowly crumbling in drifting particles. Even then, her face failed to show any strong emotion. Despite duking it out with him, she never showed any intent to kill him. She still unconsciously regarded him as Sakura’s friend, an ally that didn’t deserve her wrath.

“Haruki-sama, she’ll disappear.”

The Book of False Attendant had partially severed the contract between Sakura and Medusa. She would vanish if Sakura didn’t refresh their contract and transfer some of her magical energy to her.

“You aren’t allowed to go yet,” Haruki said. He sliced open the ring finger of his left hand with his spear and pressed the finger against Medusa’s lips. “Sakura will decide your fate, not me.”

A few drops of his blood carried more magical energy than a normal magus had in their entire body.

Medusa tried shaking her head, but the sweet scent of his blood allured her. Despite tasting the blood of numerous people, she never came upon something that enticed her to this extent. She unconsciously opened her mouth, and two vampiric fangs grew out. She gave in to her nature and sank her fangs in his finger. A few drops rejuvenated her full of life force.

“Dragon…?” she pulled back and stared at him. Suddenly, she didn’t feel bad for losing to him. She might be a dragon’s match if she wasn’t restricted to this vessel.

Haruki gave a simple nod before he shoved the finger back in her mouth. She took his hand, and her tongue slithered as if it was a tiny serpent. She gently sucked out his blood while licking his finger at the same time.

Semiramis clicked her tongue at the sight. The blood she craved was being sucked by someone else. Relishing such delicacy for free was a crime she will never forgive Medusa for.

“It should be enough.” Haruki tried taking his finger, but Medusa didn’t let go and continued sucking. “Hey, I have limited blood.”

Medusa licked his wound like a cat licking milk; the comparison suited her more than he thought. With a last lick, Medusa released his finger and swept her tongue over lips.

“Thank you for the dessert.”

Haruki pulled Medusa to her feet. Medea cast a healing spell on his tiny wound as if she couldn’t bear to see him bleed.

“My master, your battle was a treat to my eyes.” Semiramis congratulated him with a round of soft claps. “You almost sent her poor soul to Nergal.”

Artoria nodded in conjunction with Semiramis’s compliment. As she was about to say something, her instincts kicked in, and she looked to her right. “Master, someone is approaching. Judging by their speed, they are servants.”

“It’s Lancer. He probably came here with Sakura.”

Semiramis grinned. “The new servants. I want to meet them.”

Haruki contemplated whether or not he should let Rin see Artoria and Semiramis. He was heading to Zouken in a minute. Should he bring Rin or leave her with Sakura? After foreseeing Sakura’s reaction, it’d be better for Rin or anyone close to Sakura during her treatment.

‘We don’t need that many servants for Zouken though. But I can’t let Zouken see them through Sakura.’

Haruki turned to Semiramis. “Nothing left his mansion, right?”

“Not yet.”

Zouken wasn’t the only one using his familiars to keep others under observation.

“Oh, yeah. Medea, toss this guy at our home. I don’t have time to explain this to others.”

“Gladly, Haruki-sama.”

Medea bound Shinji with ropes made out of magical energy and teleported. Another moment, she was back. Haruki sent Semiramis and Artoria to wait near Matou’s mansion while he, Medusa, and Medea stayed behind.

Haruki asked Medea to create a pair of fingerless leather gloves to cover his Command Spells. Nobody seemed to have noticed the unusual number of Command Spells on his hands.

‘They pay more attention to my charming face.’

“Yeah, keep feeding your narcissism,” Arch retorted.

‘Your introduction was dripping with narcissism. Hey, look. I’m the Mother Goddess of all Dragons and Luck.’

“You! You’re so… annoying.”

A couple of seconds later, two shadows tore through the forest and landed before him. Medea instantly released the spell she had been chanting. A high-level bounded field covered everyone in its small radius. It suppressed every particle of magical energy from leaving the field. She didn’t have enough time and preparations to seal the area from the world itself.

Sakura jumped down Cu Chulainn’s back, likewise Rin landed from Archer’s hands.

Archer frowned. “A high-level bounded field.”

“What do they want to hide?” Rin asked as she looked around but she couldn’t find the blonde and black-haired girl anywhere.

“Senpai! Rider!” Sakura rushed toward Haruki and took his hands. Finding him unhurt from head to toe, she patted her chest and heaved a big sigh of relief. “I’m glad you’re fine.”

“What? Did you think Shinji would hurt me?” Haruki grinned. “Aren’t you underestimating your boyfriend?”

“Ah, no… I didn’t say that.” Sakura timidly scratched her cheeks. “I know Senpai is stronger than everyone in the school.”

Her confidence made him chuckle. He nudged Rider, who had been silent this entire time. “Here is the servant you ordered.”

“Rider…” Sakura’s lips formed a wry smile. “I’m sorry for abandoning you before.”

She couldn’t afford to have an active contract with the worm crests constantly eating away her magical energy. Otherwise, she’d have unleashed Medusa on Zouken and be done with everything.

“You aren’t to be blamed,” Medusa said. Despite her circumstances, she was glad to be summoned in a human form.

“What in the world happened here?” Lancer scratched his head as he looked at the devastated landscape. “Master, did a battle occur?”

Medusa smiled and glanced at Haruki to explain the situation.

“Snake lady went ham, and she got her ass kicked.” Haruki shrugged. “This is basically the result.”

Sakura giggled at Medusa’s complicated expression.

“Master, about our contract,” Medusa said, calmly shifting the topic. “Can you provide me with magical energy now?”

Sakura shook her head. “Senpai, what should we do about the contract?” She was worried that Rider would disappear without an anchor. “Rin Nee-san, can you form a temporary contract with Rider?”

She didn’t want Haruki to take on the burden of more than two servants. After all, neither she nor Rin were aware of the limit of Haruki’s magical energy or his contract with Semiramis and Artoria.

“I can…” Rin grumbled. Her magical energy was close to full after two days of rest. Still, her magical energy will barely be enough to form another contract. The aftereffect of another contract will leave her sluggish. 

Medusa tried to approach Rin for the contract but Haruki grabbed her hand. “Why not me? You think I’m unworthy?”

Medusa just licked her lips in answer. Haruki gave a wry smile. These bloodthirsty servants saw him as a blood bank. They will suck him dry one day.

Haruki’s confidence changed Sakura’s mind. “Senpai, I’ll leave it to you then…”

A window popped up before Haruki’s eyes.

Task #23: Fifth Servant

Objective: Forming a contract with Medusa.

Difficulty: D-Rank

Rewards: 1 X High-Tier Gacha Coupon

Would you like to accept this Task?

‘Eh, Arch is being considerate.’

“...”

Favorite if you liked it!

188