Chapter 81: Deal with Lady Edelfelt
2.6k 6 129
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Luvia is in the middle of an important task given to her by the Clocktower. It’s hard to get a hold of her now. I’m sorry I couldn't be of help.”

A soft but fearless voice came from the phone pressed against Rin’s ears. The owner was the mother of the current Head of the Edelfelt family.

Lady Edelfelt.

“Luviagelita is busy?” Rin rubbed her pulsing temples. “I called the Edelfelt household for an important discussion regarding the magic jewels.”

“Oho, you have my attention.”

“My friend in Fuyuki City wants to exchange a great quantity of the stocked up jewels we use.”

“Fuyuki?” the voice sounded surprised for a moment. “I thought you moved out after your father’s death… You’re in the middle of a Holy Grail War of unimaginable scale. The Clocktower already assembled some mages to solve the problem. What could have triggered this?”

The Clocktower sending a mage was well within her and Haruki’s expectations. Not that the mages had any chance to deal with this messy war unless they sent a Magician, which had one in a million chances.

“The remnants of an evil god possessed the Holy Grail. Its goals are unknown but it has summoned seven servants as its army.”

Rin purposely left Sakura out of her story. Mage’s Association would become interested in Sakura if they found out an evil god sought Sakura.

“That is not good. Rin, you must abandon your position as Master and leave the city.”

“I can’t do it, Lady Edelfelt. I’m the supervisor of Fuyuki City. I have to help the mages from the association. Um, who did they send?”

“Lord El Melloi II is in charge. I do not know about the rest.”

Rin narrowed her eyes. The name Lord El Melloi II recently rose as one of the best professors in the Clocktower. His revolutionary teaching methods changed the basics of magecraft lessons. He was an influential figure in the Clocktower for the power he held.

“So about the jewels.”

Lady Edelfelt giggled. “How many?”

“He didn’t disclose the number but he said it’s a lot. My friend isn’t the one to exaggerate things.”

“You trust this person a great deal.”

“I do, Lady Edelfelt. He is a great guy.”

Haruki hid many things from her and came off as a shady guy. He never lied to her about anything. She trusted Sakura’s judgment of character since she knew Haruki for a long time.

“Oho, it seems spring is near for Tohsaka Princess.”

Rin blushed as she realized Lady Edelfelt’s meaning. “It’s not like that, Lady Edelfelt. We’re just friends…”

She would never do anything that’d disappoint Sakura. Eyeing her man was the easiest way to break their mended relationship. She, however, couldn’t stop a deranged fantasy from taking root in her heart.

“It all starts with ‘friends’, young lady,” Lady Edelfelt continued teasing Rin. “What does your friend desire in exchange? Money?”

“He is in urgent need of several materials from Iraq and Baghdad. I’d be very grateful if the deal finished as soon as possible.”

Lady Edelfelt took a moment to answer, “Give me the name of materials. I’d send them your way. You and Luvia can finish the deal once she is available. Are you fine with this arrangement?”

Lady Edelfelt trusted the Tohsaka name enough to send payment in advance. “It’s wonderful, Lady Edelfelt. I’ll message you everything in a second!”

She was over the moon to get the materials without visiting some foreign country. It saved so much precious time.

“Take care, sweetheart. Don’t die before fulfilling your payment.”

“I will not.”

Rin’s voice was filled with confidence. They had a literal dragon from the mythologies as the master of several servants. To top everything off, he never let his emotions control him.

He was the leader they needed to fight the evil god.

Rin put back the phone in its holder and slumped in the chair. “I did something.”

The daughter of the Tohsaka clan accomplished something on her own. Even though she was an impressive mage, Haruki hogged all the spotlight from her. She hadn’t received any opportunity to act as Archer’s Master or the daughter of Tohsaka Clan. She couldn’t bear witness to the fruit of her training.

‘At least we killed the scum together.’

She contributed to the fight, or so she wanted to believe. Shaking her head, she sighed and leaned her head on the couch.

“Archer, we need to up our game. We can’t go down as NPCs in the greatest Holy Grail War in history.”

“Master, you’re overthinking it.” Emiya made an appearance and ruffled her hair. “I’ll get you some herbal tea.”

Once Emiya left the room, Medusa emerged from the shadows. “You’re helping a ton by supporting Sakura.”

Rin stared at Medusa. The beauty with a blindfold should be the last woman to offer her comforting words.

Medusa revealed a small smile at her doubtful look. “It’s what Master would say if he was here.”

Rin could vividly imagine Haruki saying those words with a cheeky grin. His confidence to disregard her status was one of his charms.

Rin snapped out of her daze and blushed. “I-I get it. No need to explain.”

Her blush was enough proof for Medusa’s success. Medusa got a fine grasp of Haruki’s character in the brief time. He’d spare no effort in making his close ones happy. He reminded her of her younger self who committed atrocious acts to become stronger. To protect her sisters from the humans who branded her family as a monster.

The same fate might befall on her master because of his dragon race.

She truly hoped the people around Haruki helped him with this enormous pressure.

Favorite if you liked it!

Join my Discord server | Patreon

129