Chapter 83: Responsibility
2.9k 15 120
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The abundance of Tiamat’s offspring in the tower made no sense to Haruki. From 15th to 19th floors, every corridor had at least one Uridimmu. It got to the point where Haruki could predict every one of their moves.

If that wasn’t enough of a joke, the boss at the 20th floor was an even bigger version of Uridimmu. Despite its tougher hide and razor sharp claws, he trashed the beast in about fifteen seconds.

[Awakening Progress: 8.7%]

He was so close to the highly anticipated ten percent mark.

‘Arch, you got some bones to pick with Tiamat?’

Haruki tossed a question at the dragon goddess, expecting some cheesy answer in return.

“Maybe they want to die first. I don’t know.”

Arch’s response was vague at best as if she was unsure.

‘Incompetent goddess.’

“...”

‘How many hours have passed?’

His wristwatch didn’t work in this space, so keeping track of time was impossible.

“Seven.“

He couldn’t go deeper as others would be waiting for him on the dinner table. They would all starve in waiting rather than having dinner without him. Artoria might be a big exception to the rule.

He also had to honor his promise with Sakura.

So, he beckoned his companions to his side. “We’re leaving.”

Medea nodded and nudged Semiramis. “Don’t miss anything.”

“Argh, don’t hit me.”

Haruki chuckled and twisted the key. They returned to the cozy little room where they unwind for a couple of minutes.

“Semi, let’s call it a day after dinner. We’ll talk about the rest tomorrow.”

Semiramis interpreted his words as ‘leave us alone’ and ‘you don’t belong in this room.’ Medea’s clingy behavior only led Semiramis to feel more out of place. She didn’t cower and leave for she was once the Empress of Assyria. She wasn’t going away without a reward from her master!

“My master, don’t shoo me out like I’m a whore—”

The door slammed open to interrupt Semiramis. The culprit, a silver-haired girl, beamed to find her lover safe. “Haruki-senpai.”

Haruki was too stunned to speak. Dark memories crept up his mind, all due to Sakura’s dress. The full-sleeved black dress looked classy with long red strips, meshing well with her contrasty silver hair.

‘Dark Sakura!’

It was the same dress Sakura wore in the Heaven’s Feel route to terrorize Fuyuki City and all other servants. Dark Sakura’s dress was composed of the Grail’s content. Haruki couldn’t understand how she got her hands on the exact replica of the dress.

Sakura, seeing his startled look, hung her head. “Does it look ugly?”

The dress given by Haruki’s mother didn’t work, she lamented.

“Who said you look ugly?” Haruki approached her and gently pinched her cheeks. “I was shocked how beautiful and elegant Sakura became in the last couple of years. I can’t imagine you as the same girl who cried and rubbed your snot in my chest.”

A heavy blush took over Sakura’s face. She hit his chest with the force of a kitten. “I used to be a child back then!”

Haruki smiled to see her cheerful nature smile. The smile wasn’t hiding any pain like it used to before the Holy Grail War.

‘I wouldn’t mind if she became a yandere…’

He could make an exception for Sakura just because of her otherworldly cuteness.

Medea always had her eyes on Haruki but this moment was a special case. Semiramis took her entire attention. Her expression was just that agonizing from Medea’s point of view. The aloof Empress was like a lone tree standing in a blistering desert.

Medea stretched the empress’ lips into a forced smile. “You can't seduce a beggar like you are right now. Smile, my little empress.”

Semiramis frowned, then realized the meaning behind Medea’s phrase. She was showing pure envy for Sakura due to their intimate bond. Medea’s intentions became clear as day.

‘She is trying to cheer me up. This Witch.’

Semiramis couldn’t contain her amusement. Covering her mouth, she laughed, attracting the eyes of everyone. Her smile had captivated countless subjects in her empire. The effect of her pure happiness enchanted everyone in the room.

Haruki rubbed Sakura’s head and turned to Semiramis. “Semi, keep laughing like that.”

“Umm, I’ll be all smiles if you keep me happy.”

“Ahaha, I’ll try. Let’s have dinner before discussing anything.”

Artoria entered the room with an expressionless face. “Master, your bath is ready. We’ll have dinner afterwards.”

She carried a dignified look, yet her ahoge spun foolishly at the thought of food.

Haruki smiled and stretched his arms. “Who wants to come with me?”

Two hands were instantly raised and one meekly hand made its presence known. 

Seeing others, Artoria raised her hand as well. “Master, I can wash your back.”

“I was joking, sheesh. I’ll end up banging if you come with me.”

A dragon’s libido was truly dangerous. He had to break his promise with Medea for a different reason.

Artoria’s hand went down and she tilted her head. “What’s this banging you speak of, Master? Do you want to bang something while showering?”

The King of Camelot was unaware of vulgar words.

“It’s an adult secret,” Haruki said, ignoring the three sad faces that emerged. “I’ll be back in a minute.”

Haruki walked past Artoria and vanished around the corner.

“Medea, do your best!” Medea heard Haruki’s voice in her head.

’Where do I do my best? Haruki-sama, elaborate.’

“Don’t think I didn't see you comforting Semi.”

Medea sighed. ‘Semiramis made me remember… When Jason ditched me for that princess, it was heartbreaking.’

She reckoned she was making a face similar to Semiramis.

“I’ll give her more time later. There are so many things to do.”

‘Haruki-sama, I’m your right hand woman. Leave Semiramis’ problem to me!’

“You go, girl.”

Sakura excused herself to finish some chores. Artoria didn’t have anything to do so she followed after Sakura to help her. She had no ulterior motives like finding out about today's dinner or trying to sneak some bits in the name of trialing.

Medea found herself alone in the room with her new friend Semiramis.

“Say, Medea. We both know my master has taken a liking to me. Do you object to it?”

Medea stared at Semiramis’ face, who revealed a captivating smile. Semiramis would keep pursuing Haruki regardless of her answer—the defiant look in the empress’ eyes revealed everything. But having Medea’s support would be the best case scenario.

“Answer me, my friend.”

Medea smiled and revealed her answer. “I won’t.”

The answer would’ve been the opposite if the question was asked on the day Semiramis was summoned. After the fateful events, Medea couldn’t hate Semiramis despite all her vicious flaws.

Semiramis threw her arms around Medea. “I knew you’d support me in my love conquest. You’re the nicest witch ever!” 

“And you’re a bitch… a good bitch.”

“Baw-waw.”

“...”

Favorite if you liked it!

Join my Discord server | Patreon

120