Chapter 1
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

War.

It has always been there, maybe in small disputes or little misunderstandings. It is easy for people to take for granted the peace that they have, but once it's taken away from them, they learn how precious the small disputes are. 

The Battle of the Solih was supposed to be the end of every war but no one knew that it was just the beginning. In the first year of the war, the hope of the people was astounding, and the glimmer of light shined upon them, but as the war continues to drag on for another year and another and another, they start to lose hope. Some people started doubting the chosen one, questioning if he really is able to stop it, but some chose to stay firmly in their belief, that someday, he will be able to succeed. 

"We don't know how many rations we can last with this." Myrina, the girl with the flaming red hair stated, standing in the room full of exhausted-looking people. War consumes people, that's one of the things Myrina learned. "With a thousand people constantly being injured, it's important that we gather more supply before it runs out and before you head to your useless battles!"

"USELESS?! You call our endeavors useless?! We are gathering intel in order to defeat it! You have no right to call it useless, you bitch!" Myrina flinched at the insult, Blayze, the second in command and Myrina's best friend or maybe used to be the best friend interjected. She looked at Lucian, the chosen one, hoping he would at least side to her, but to her disappointment, he just looked away. War, as it consumes people, it also made them change. 

Myrina sat down, defeated. She knew that no one would agree with her but she still tried. Among all the other things, Lucian and Blayze were the most people who wanted to put a stop to this long-standing war and gathering the intel was their top priority. Disappointments and all other emotions should just be buried deep where they cannot reach them. Emotions bring people to their knees and weaken them. She breathed in and out, calming her nerves so she wouldn't shout at her friend's faces. 

"I will be the one gathering all the medicine. It won't be in the way of my missions so please let me." She looked at the person seated in the center pleading with her eyes. The man with the dark eye patch nodded as relief filled her lungs. "Lucian and Blayze, you will go to the west border. Word says that a couple of Moldark's closest minions are sighted. I want you to bring them back alive so they can be brought to the D'Arcy Palace. Brienne, Lilah, and Leon, I want you guys in the Esdover Steppe, continue finding Tanith. She's one of the keys to enter Drossorix. As for Myrina and Lucas, continue in your missions. That is all. Dismissed."

People started gathering their materials at the table to head out when Merlin, the man with the dark eye match spoke. "Myrina, please stay." Myrina looked at Merlin but he was busy gathering the files at his table. He stood up and proceeded to sit at the desk just behind the large table where they had their meeting. Myrina continued to observe Merlin from where she was standing, waiting for him to speak. 

"There is a way for us to gather as much intel as possible," Merlin sighed, and Myrina knew exactly what he will say next. "However, there is a price we need to pay." She waited for what she felt like years. She was the only one Merlin asked to stay behind, for what else is she in there, unless this is something that only she needs to find out. She knew Merlin trusted her more than anyone else. They had the same ideals and even the means to do their ideals. They were the ones who had to do the dirty bidding because no one else will.

"What is the price?"

"You. The negotiator wants you. During and after this war."

1