Chapter 65 First small battles
68 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Demon Continent Alsace in 307 in the 10-month Asmodum on the 26th day after the Shattering of the Empire.

 

However, she did not get far before she was caught up by Lucina and other Nereus Ilayda. And that with a speed that she could not reach underwater.
Lucina took her by her hand, while Lerna was grabbed by another Nereus Ilayda.
As soon as this happened, the Nereus Ilayda accelerated and she felt like a flag in the wind, so much so she was tossed back and forth. Until Lucina wrapped herself around her again, as she had done when they had danced, with which, enclosed by Lucina, she shot towards the surface of the water like a rocket towards the night sky.
Already seeing the light breaking through the surface of the water, they had broken through it and landed on the stretch of river where the Nereus Ilayda had found her.
"That was a lot faster than I thought it would be." She had to admit as she turned to Lucina and the other Nereus Ilayda, who were already retreating back into the waters of the river.
"We didn't want to miss the chance to reduce our debt to you, if only by the weight of a drop of water." Explained Izatra, who slowly rose from the river's waters and came walking ashore. "But we also hope that you will accept this gift, and should it come to this or a later battle, you can use this horn and ask us for help." With which she presented her with a wet shiny horn made of corrals of different colors, which was sewn with golden decorations. "No matter where you are, we will find you and help you, or of course, you will come back after the battle and continue studying with Sorav as you promised him?" Towards the end of the sentence, her voice became more questioning, which she further emphasized with a raised eyebrow.
"I'll keep that in mind, and I hope I don't have to drag you into this fight, - "however, before disappearing into the forest and heading off, she bowed once more to the council of elders, Lucina and the other Nereus Ilayda. - "I thank you once again for your hospitality and the chance to learn something new." With which she turned away and disappeared into the forest, Lerna always close on her heels.
She didn't need to venture far into the forest to hear the sounds of battle and the accompanying laughter and bawling of the Mori.
A dubious honor, which she had already received in her old life and which her two brothers also had, as far as she knew, possible that Sia also could see and hear the Mori. Which circled like ravens and vultures over every battlefield and feasted on the released arcane energies and emotions of the dead and dying. They were not servants of the death gods and they did not transfer the souls of the fallen to a new life, as she knew all too well, even if she did not die on a battlefield. They were also never biased, but they brought good or bad luck to both sides, at least that was a common belief. No one had ever talked to the Mori, not for lack of trying, but because the Mori never answered, they talked among themselves, but never to the living. They mocked or celebrated the dead depending on how they had done on the battlefield.
From the croaking voices of the Mori, she could at least hear something about the battle without having to see it herself.
It seemed that Larrua were fighting against Larrua, and that was all that could be heard from the Mori's conversation.
No golems yet? Or are they the last defense?
There was no point in worrying about that for the moment, she could only hope that Eder and his faction were still in control of the golems and not the other side.
That could only mean bad things for the Larrua, who are loyal to Diva.
When she could already see the outskirts of the city through the trees, she slowed down. She wanted to get an overview of the situation, what Larrua were fighting against the Larrua of the city, and whether there were traitors among them, as Eder had indicated.
During all this, a part of her mind was going through the writings from the library that she had already read but did not understand at that time.
Once she had seen something, she could not forget it, even if she wanted to, so now, as long as she was not yet involved in a fight, she tried to make sense of the previously incomprehensible texts and gain any possible advantages.
After standing silent and still for a few moments, still unable to see any movement or hear anything no matter how hard she tried, and also unable to get any more information from her domain, she set out to cross the small strip of grass between the forest and the city. Always closely followed by Lerna.
As she came out from under the treetops, she could see that town must be burning in several places if the columns of smoke were any indication, it was not unusual for fires to occur during a battle in a town. Something to be taken care of after the battle.
Similar to a few weeks ago, she began to creep towards the center of the city, always careful not to be noticed.
Some patrols of Larrua in foreign armor and under foreign crests she avoided, she wanted to know first whether these were possible allies or whether they were opponents, only a first look into their minds had shown her a familiar picture of an enslaved mind. And also the Larrua looked different than the ones she had dealt with in the last weeks.
She had last seen such a mind years ago, but even without her memory as an arcane user of the mind, she would have recognized such a mind among thousands. It was like that of the attacker she had driven away years ago to protect herself and other young Cikarti.
Still, she wanted to make contact with Eder before she did anything, so she continued to creep from house to house and the sounds of battle grew louder and louder.
The clash of metal on metal, cries of pain, or the cry of a desperate Larrua fighting for his life.
In and around the houses where she was hiding, more and more corpses appeared from different Larrua clans, but also from the Larrua who lived in this city.
Then she could see a battle on one of the streets thanks to her domain, so she was not seen.
Now she only had to help Eder's Larrua and could learn from them where he was and how he wanted to proceed.
She didn't want to endanger the lives of the Larrua unnecessarily, so she hurled stones and weapons lying around from the fallen via telekinesis into the backs of the attackers to distract them and give the defending Larrua a chance to finish them off. Only, her distraction worked too well, so well that she slew or impaled some of the attackers with their weapons.
I seem to be stronger than I expected.
She had barely used Arcane Energy and yet level five and six Larrua of the attackers had been killed by her attack.
The remaining survivors were killed by the defenders in moments.
She had barely approached the squad, which first put them into combat readiness before she was recognized by the squad's commander, who signaled his squad to lower their weapons with a hand signal.
"Ah - "the Larrua interrupted himself to take a deep breath. - "the young Titan. -" again he interrupted himself to wipe sweat from his eyes and take a few more breaths. - "Thank you very much for your help, without which I don't think we would have survived." Already he was interrupted by the sound of approaching boots as a new squad of enemies appeared at the end of the road.
The defending Larrua came around her and closed ranks in front of her, one shield lined up against the next.
"If you could help us here we would be in your debt, they are not targeting the forge or the golem control center, they seem to want to get to Diva and our civilian population. Also, we can't use the golems against some of the enemy's troops because they stop functioning." That was all the commander could explain, because already the enemy squad was on them and charging against the shield wall of the defending Larrua.
She concentrated on reinforcing the shield wall while using the same trick as before this time only with more finesse to give the exhausted Larrua a chance to recover.
The result was the same as before also this time she had killed all the attackers.
Something is not right at all.
It shouldn't be so easy for her to kill level five and six enemies, and yet they were dropping like flies after every attack of hers.
With a quick spell, which she knew from the pioneers of the empire but had never been able to use, she created a wall that cut off the street and from whose balustrade it was possible to defend the street without any major problems.
The commander seemed to guess what she was up to because he was already giving orders and had the wall occupied.
"I guess we'll get on with it then, boys no feigning fatigue. After all, this is about defending your home and defending Diva." With that, he turned around followed by her and his squad.

2