1_ ch 47: A. a New Round
394 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

47. A: a New Round

A black disk suddenly flew, and then not only did it cut multiple arms of the heavy walker, but it also took along with them a big chunk of its chest.

"huh? "

And feeling stupified at the unexpected and bizarre scene, I end up losing my focus.

And with it, the illusion of a world frozen in time, that I was seeing, vanish as my thoughts acceleration skill stop functioning.

"Roooaaar."

Thud.

And as both the heavy walker, and I start falling, my sense of time returns to normal, as I quickly backflip, landing on my feet, and avoiding an upside-down crash on my head like the heavy walker.

Then gritting my teeth, because of pain, I once again jump and restart my earlier attempt at reaching a higher place.

Though this time, I have a smile on my face, not only because of relief but also because of the state of the wailing beast behind me, falling on its back and flailing its arms around.

With it losing its forearms, I don't think it can climb a tree anymore.

No, forget climbing, I don't think it would be able to run as fast as before.

Still, that doesn't mean it can't move, but simply that its speed will be lowered.

Nevertheless, it will still be faster than me, or at least on the same speed level, if on the ground that is.

And so, even though my chances of winning have increased a little, it's just a little, and they are still low.

Because, not only is that thing bigger, and faster than me, it also has a lot of fighting ability with all of his limbs, and great mobility, whereas I am in no state for close combat, with my arm bent in this weird manner.

Or so it should be.

"fufufu"

Indeed, that's how it should have been, but sorry to say, I am not falling today.

And the reason?

Well, before answering that, I have to do some tests first.

Reaching a higher Branch, I stop my running, and take a breather, relaxing my tired body.

Then feeling my aching body' state slightly improving and my pain starting to disappear, thanks to HP auto-recovery, my smile turns into a vicious grin.

"fuuu."

But clearing my head of such thoughts, I relax my tired body, before once again, using the skill thoughts acceleration to enhance my awareness of the surrounding.

And when the world starts slowing down again, I glance at the heavy walker below me attempting to climb this tree, trying to follow me.

Though this time instead of relying on his high speed, he is slowly and carefully climbing by using all of his limbs and hugging the tree's trunk.

And looking at his ugly appearance from above, as I calmly wait, I can feel my chances of winning increasing.

But moving my eyes from the ugly creature and its futile actions, I glance toward a small crater in the ground a little far away.

There where a linear path was forcefully dug through the dirt, and finally at the end of that path, thrust in the hard ground is...

My halberd.

Yes, it's my halberd. that weird flying disk from before was my own weapon.

And looking at that weapon, I slowly close my eyes.

And then with all of my vision taken from me, I look for it.

A connection.

My Connection. That line connecting me with my weapon.

"fuuu..."

And then with a clear mind, I tug on that connection, as I carefully stretch my left hand.

"come."

Voooo .

And it happens.

My halberd rises from the ground, and in a curving path moving through the trees, it starts heading back to me.

Looking at the weird disk heading in my direction, and feeling the strong momentum it is accumulating, the only thing I can do, is to hope I succeed in stopping it. if not, ...

Thinking about that possibility, I smile wryly while coldly sweating, and without removing my eyes from the flying disk drawing closer.

When ...

Paa.

With a loud sound, I somehow succeeded, taking a hold of my black halberd.

"fuuu, that was nerve-wracking."

But the important thing is that I have somehow succeeded.

Succeded in what, you ask?

In using, advanced weapon mastery, of course.

And be surprised, because I was.

With the claws of the walker nearing me, I could barely think.

And even as my thought acceleration started functioning, I could not find a solution.

But hey. called it surviving instinct, or maybe awakening at the verge of death, or whatever you want, but somehow I was able to use it.

Advanced weapon mastery.

And how am I sure if that is really the reason?

Well, it's because of this.

-Conditions have been met.-

-Skill: Advanced Weapon Mastery Lv1 has become Lv2.-

The moment I succeeded in using it to attack the walker, the skill that for some reason didn't level up for a while until now just did, and that was the reason why I was stupified before.

To think I would need such a hard fight, to achieve this

"fufufu.., I didn't have this much fun for a while now."

I am having so much fun, that I am barely focusing on this fight, while almost losing self-control and maniacally laughing, not to mention the boiling blood I am feeling in my veins.

And if it's for this fun, then it really was a good choice, participating in LSO.

"ha..but back to the present, ...."

Looking back from my halberd to the heavy walker, almost reaching me.

I smile while giving it my all, and jumping from the branch I am standing on.

Then violently throwing the halberd toward the surprised walker's face, I speak.

"for now is time. A time for a new round."

Voooosh.

10