1_ ch51: A. Carnage
421 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

51. A: Carnage

Step. Step. Step.

......

Carefully walking, I try feeling the progress of my body’s healing.

And though the earlier sensation of pain has disappeared, it’s not like my movement is completely back to normal.

“Nevertheless, as long as I can walk alone, then it should be doable.”

Hmm ? you want to now?

What it is that is doable?

Well, the new application of physical mastery, of course.

Because now, that my muscles are back to work, I can finally use it to enhance my movement and attacks, instead of wasting all my attention on just standing and walking normally.

And while I am at it, I think I have good testing targets waiting for me right here.

Rustle. Rustle.

Moving through the bushes in my way, I am finally getting a clear view of my surroundings again.

And can you believe it?

My little... well, I will take that word back.

My giant test targets are there standing and looking at me as if waiting for me to start my carnage party.

“oh my, how good-mannered of you.”

But seriously, if they didn’t wait here, and instead attacked alongside the heavy walker from before, it would have been a dangerous situation, super-extra dangerous, actually.

“but you see. That did not happen, okay ?”

And so, here I am planning to use these guys as practice dummies.

2-meter muscular practice dummies charging in a group of more than a dozen, to be specific.

And so, here I come, alright?

Boom.

With a single step, I push myself, and as if I am flying, head accelerating toward a heavy walker in the middle of their formation.

Fuussssh.

Splash.

And with a single kick, I...

Horizontally slice its body in two, with its disgusting blue sticky blood splashing into the air.

Ssssssh.

Then forcing a stop from my acceleration, I grip my weapon, and organize the full picture of this battlefield in my head, using my memory skill and not to forget thoughts acceleration.

Fuuu.

And then taking a deep breath, and feeling my heart beating, I smile.

“let’s make it fast shall we ?”

And planning to end this fight as quick as possible, I start.

Boom.

And with a single step, I accelerate.

Sshhhh.

Then with my halberd tightly gripped in my hand, I cut every walker in my paths while advancing through their formation.

and in this cruel but beautiful style, I present then their final battle.

And also the honor of dying by my hands.

Baam.

Accelerating through the lines of the walkers, I suddenly make a full turn, and then with all the resulting momentum, I kick a walker close by.

“.....?”

Boom.

And then, without even a chance for screaming, or making a sound, a 2-meter flesh bullet crash onto the others behind it.

Baam.

Crash.

Splash.

Smile.

Then ignoring the broken limbs flying around, and the ugly corpses twisted together I quickly start a new wave of violent attacks.

And in such a manner, I started my carnage.

Times, cutting everything apart, others slashing through all, and sometimes, just using pure physical violence to shred them apart.

And as if the roles of the demonic beast and woman were reversed, it was but seconds until I, ...

Have slaughtered them all.

“haaa, haaa, haaa.”

Though I am tired, from heavily focusing, and using a lot of skills at once.

And though it was tiring and quite rushed.

Still, this fight was fruitful.

“haaa, haaa, haaa, at least I have gotten a satisfactory result for my skill testing.”

And man, they are really something.

“haaa, haaa, haaa, though they are a little hard to use.”

And they are also a little too heavy on my body and stamina.

But even so, the results were really ...

“spectacular.”

To think I could cut a walker in two with a purely physical attack, using only my own body and not relying on a weapon?

How unbelievable, the ability of Arts is, when agility, Though Acceleration, Precision, and more importantly, Advanced Physical Mastery is added to it.

And I also should not forget the swiftness and smoothness of my attacks with the halberd and how it could cut flesh with ease.

It was an amazing sensation.

And with them both being combined? the destructive pure violence, and the swift agile control,...

“a real carnage is only the expected norm, no ?”

Inhale. Exhale.

But with this fight, I am finally calm a little after rampaging to my heart’s content.

And even my heart’s beat is also getting calmer, so I think I am in a good condition now.

But seriously, this was a good fight.

“though they were weak, finding a tough opponent that can stand taking some punches is not bad once in a while.”

and not to forget that if I wanted to advance to the building behind them, then a confrontation was only natural, and so having finished it all quickly is not bad.

Thinking about such things, I restore my breathing rhythm.

Then increasing my vigilance, I start advancing forward.

And with the halberd ready in my hands, and though acceleration increasing my awareness of the surrounding, I start walking, toward the building of the walkers, and the last point I still didn’t check.

Which hopefully may have a new clue to this place’s setting.

Slowly walking, with careful steps every time, I move, heading toward the big hole in the wall, created by the heavy walker.

But even as I get closer, I still can’t hear a sound, nor am I seeing any new enemies.

Step. Step. Step.

But feeling my curiosity, and nervousness growing with every step of mine, I keep walking while ignoring the eerie silence I am surrounded by, when...

“squeak, squeak....”

An attack comes from behind me.

Ssssh.

Sigh.

And with a single slash, as I sigh, I end up slicing the attacking three rats into pieces easily.

“are these rats courageous or just purely stupid ?”

Effortlessly killing the rats attacking me, I glance back toward the rats’ building, and as expected.

The rats are starting to notice me while squeaking and trying to threaten me.

“guess, as long as I don’t grow closure to their building, then I am safe for now.”

Squeak. Squeak.

Sssssh.

“well, except for the stupid ones.”

Killing another group of rats attacking me, I speed my steps toward the building, while ignoring the rats’ stupid occasional attacks.

“....finally.”

And then, finally reaching the building, I glance to the inside of it, trying to locate any anomaly, or clue to the previous increase in the walkers’ number.

“.....?!!

When I find it. An anomaly.

“What is that ?”

And then trying to walk toward it, I carefully observe the walls around me, in case of a sudden attack or anything like that.

Though contrary to my thoughts, nothing weird happens,

But just as I start thinking it’s safe, I...

Bump.

“ouch....”

Hit my face with a wall.

An invisible wall, actually.

And just to state, but the surprise hit, even with all my vigilance from before, really hurts.

Especially when not only did my weapon pass without touching it, but even my arms and legs did, with only my face getting hit as if done on purpose.

-Area Limit Reached.-

This is probably true, from the fact that only when my face was bumped did a notification appear.

And reading the notification, I can only feel anger and frustration, as I was close to a new clue but was stopped from advancing toward it.

Then raising my eyes, I glance at the new clue I have found.

An eerie crack in the air, appearing in the middle of this floor.

And as if a part of a weird and horrific glass window, or maybe even a distorted mirror, I can see through it.

See this side where I stand reflected, and also see a different world on the other side.

A floor of a weird old building with cracks and holes in its walls, and through them, it shows it.

The pale gray sky outside.

9