1_ ch52: K. a Date for Sweets
422 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

52. K: a Date for Sweets

Knock. Knock.

Knock. Knock.

A black-haired girl was hurriedly knocking on a room door.

“move. Quickly. We don’t have time.”

And even as she knocked on the door, almost breaking it, she didn’t slow her speed, and instead just yelled more.

Knock. Knock.

“quickly, I said.”

And once again, she is hurrying the one on the other side of the door, as if time is running out, when ...

Teeth gritting.

Bam.

Sudden door opening sound.

“WOULD YOU JUST STOP THIS? DAMMIT.”

An angry brother appears from the other side of the door.

“!!!….. s-sorry.”

And flustered, she blushingly apologizes.

Sigh.

Seeing that, all I could do was sigh.

“you know, himari."

“hm ?”

Then speaking toward my sister, I seriously look into her eyes and ask her.

“do you think the sweets shop will escape ?”

“w-wha ? o-of course not. Even I am not that stupid.”

Is that so.

Looking with a tired face, as I think of that, I resume my questions.

“then why are you so hurried ?”

“what are you saying, nii-san ? it’s clear no ? even if the shop doesn’t escape, ....”

And then expectingly waiting for her to finish her sentence.

“the sweets will. They will escape, I tell you. They will escape if someone buys them, okay? so let’s hurry, okay? okay? let’s hurry please.”

I end up feeling myself being stupid for really thinking a reasonable answer would come out of her.

Even though I only had a little amount of hope, a very little amount, but still it was an amount of hope.

Sigh.

“Okay, okay. I will hurry, so just let me change my clothes first, would you ?”

“... okay.”

Sigh.

Quickly speaking, and trying to calm my over-excited little sister, she depressedly accepts and sighs.

And looking at that all I could do, was ...

Flick her forehead, as strong as I could.

Paa.

“Ouch, that hurts...

Why would you do that ?”

Hee, are you seriously asking me why?

“because you were at it again. Acting I mean.”

“tsk. I don’t know what you are talking about, onii-chan .”

Sigh.

Look at this girl.

I swear, it’s not like she is stupid or anything, okay? it’s just that she become like this when sweets are involved, or maybe the opposite, and when her IQ fall, she starts looking for sweets?

Hmm, a tough question, indeed.

“hey, did you think of something rude just now?”

“what? I don’t know what you are talking about.”

Smiling, while answering her, in her same word, I get back to my room to change, quickly before she starts her idiocy again.

Though nevertheless, moments like these are not bad. A little tiring, but not bad.

And while thinking about that, a scene from yesterday appear in my mind.

A scene of an imposing one, and my fast ending.

And with it, that numbness I felt before, is back in my body.

Sigh.

Griping and releasing my hand multiple times, I barely get rid of it, and then start changing my clothes.

But even so, I can’t forget that scene.

When a sudden monster, or as the notification called it, Ornus appeared.

It was despair.

And the moment it appeared in the sky, it overwhelmed everything solely with its presence.

And not only me, but even the sheep, were frozen in their place.

Not sure why, but something about it, was just that great, or maybe overwhelming.

I am not sure of the details, but what I am sure of, is that with only its presence, it was like my body was growing numb, though more physically than mentally.

It was a feeling like that when a small animal, is looking at a natural predator, and having his body frozen, though not by fear, but by his instinct shackling him, or something like that.

And even now, just remembering him, is enough to bring back that feeling of weakness, I felt facing him, and with it is frustration at not being able to stand against it.

Tsk.

It was really pathetic.

To lose just like that, not even able to give a fight.

Dammit.

I can remember it. The scene when ornus appeared, and I froze, barely forcing my body to move.

Though not even planning to give me time to get my control back, it started its attack.

And in a single moment, with a swift flap of its wings, .....

It started.

My defeat.

Fuussss.

In a single moment, tens and tens of black shiny feathers started circling around ornus, as if planets orbiting the sun, controlled by its great presence.

And then, in the next moment, the slaughter started.

Sshu. Sshu. Sshu.

As if a meteor rain, spelling the end, they started falling.

And when seeing that, I somehow forced my body back to move, feeling the feathers’ threat, but even so, it was but a futile resistance.

As even as I barely stopped the first one nearing me,...

“gha ?”

I was hit by the second, the third, the fourth, and so ...

It was despair. Barely stopping an attack, just for the next wave to break your defense.

Ignoring the pain, and fighting, just for you to fail miserably.

it was the worst.

And when glancing around me at the time, I could see it.

All the sheep, skewered to the ground, full of holes.

And I am sure, that I was the same, as it was not but seconds until I died.

Defeated, and skewered like swiss cheese.

What a stupid way to die.

Dammit.

Dammit.

“..nii...”

Dammit.

“nii-sa..”

Dammit.

“...nii-san.”

“hm ? what is it, himari ?”

“well, we are here, you see ?”

“ah, sorry. I was thinking about something else, and drifting in my thoughts.”

“is that so? but are you okay? you seemed frustrated.”

Suddenly, getting awake from my daydreaming, I speak with himari next to me, while entering the sweet shop, and looking for a seat.

“But you know, if you ever feel like it, don’t forget you have himari-sama here, so I would always listen to you nii-san, okay ?”

“ye-”

Feeling touched by himari’s first serious sentence in a while, I am not responding yet, when I end up hearing her sentence’s ending.

“even if it was about a girl refusing you for your bad face, nii-san, I will always listen to you, oka- ouch, ouch. Stop. Stop. Not my head.”

And I end up squeezing her brain for the possibility that her stupidity will flow out.

“sigh. What a little sister you are.”

“Hmph, as if any decent person out there, would accept a useless person like you for a brother, nii-sa- Ouch. Ouch. Not my head.”

Seriously, what a sister I have.

Smiling while thinking of that, I notice something.

“.…!?”

When it happened.

“nii-san, what’s wrong ?”

6